Oppo Camp Hird under siege

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone arrange for the Ess players to be served Pork on the flight over. That 4 hour flight is a long time for players to dwell on what they've been told over the last couple of days.

Boy this whole thing is so stupid and does us no favours. As said above, this will just serve the bombers, particularly as it's an away game, they get out of Melbourne will be all staying together, solidarity, all-for-one, lets fight for the maligned and much loved coach etc. etc.

What was already a big ask to begin with was just added to the difficulty now. In the long term it will start to get to them, but for now it just gives them a boost (non-injected one I should point out :):oops:)

Can anyone arrange for the Ess players to be served Pork on the flight over. That 4 hour flight is a long time for players to dwell on what they've been told over the last couple of days.

What we need is someone to release a pig over the fence Tony Locket style, only this one should have a belt strapped to it Rambo style with syringes instead of bullets. Maybe something like "Special Delivery for Dons" written on the side.

I really hope our players just play their own game and do not get into a sledging match.

Hird is innocent until proven guilty as are the players.

Let's just beat them at footy and worry about the rest later.

VdqA0WH.jpg

game face

Any staff at an AFL club can't take illegal substances.

My understanding was no staff at an AFL club can have any involvement in administration of banned PED's to players.
If a coach chooses to self administer or ask his friendly alternative medicine supplier to give him some for his personal use that is not covered.

Quote from ABC website below 'Hird, who would not break the WADA code by taking the substance because he is a coach and not an athlete, has maintained his innocence.'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-11/bombers-refuse-to-act-on-hird-allegation/4622718

I think this 'not approved for human use' issue of the AOD weight loss stuff needs clarification to me if this is just grey area or actually a no-no. This is of course for Essendon is the bigger issue at stake.

My understanding was no staff at an AFL club can have any involvement in administration of banned PED's to players.
If a coach chooses to self administer or ask his friendly alternative medicine supplier to give him some for his personal use that is not covered.

Quote from ABC website below 'Hird, who would not break the WADA code by taking the substance because he is a coach and not an athlete, has maintained his innocence.'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-11/bombers-refuse-to-act-on-hird-allegation/4622718

I think this 'not approved for human use' issue of the AOD weight loss stuff needs clarification to me if this is just grey area or actually a no-no. This is of course for Essendon is the bigger issue at stake.

It is not the WADA banner where Hird if found guilty would fall foul but under the AFL code of conduct staff are not allowed to be doing it so its an AFL issue rather than a WADA issue...

---------------------------------------------------
1)Hird has totally denied it and lawyers may be involved i believe.
2) Caroline Wilson has agendas ie Richmond who she follows is my guess
3) There are illegal drugs ANWHERE on this planet not just in AFL .
For people to come out and state what Wilson and others have is wrong . They should back it up with facts.
Wilson to say Hird should stand down is so far off the track , its a joke .
No evidence ,so Wilson and others are judge, jury and executioner. Its time people should look in their own backyard to see what faults they have .
If there is evidence then yes heads should roll, until then and with no facts back off .

To try and destabilise the Bombers WONT WORK.

Love it. The Bombers supporters have been getting pretty smug that they were going to get away with it as long as everyone had their story straight, but it's looking like Dank is getting ready to roll over and drop them in it.

We have a right to be, the club is innocent. Kinda sucks for other clubs and ter fans that the Age, Neigh Mitchell, 3AW & Caroline Wilson were shown up to be absolute flogs AGAIN!

It does affect him as under the code the same penalty applies for "officials" as for players...eg two year ban.

The astonishing part is that the focus is on hird and that the team was given AOD is not. AOD9026 whilst not on the banned list was not approved for human use which automatically puts it in the area of not ok and again players will be subject to a two year ban.

No it doesn't, coaches are able to take anything they want, how can it be performance enhancing & illegal if he is not playing the game? They are only making this a news story as it may be linked to the club & thus the players also, it isn't.

Any coach and official at any club outside of the players can legally take anything they want. They wont be receiving any ban.

We have a right to be, the club is innocent. Kinda sucks for other clubs and ter fans that the Age, Neigh Mitchell, 3AW & Caroline Wilson were shown up to be absolute flogs AGAIN!

It's not our place as supporters of another club to judge really - media blows s**t up all the time, proven or not. Best to wait for it to be concluded. I'd hate for that kind of s**t to happen to us.

I mean look at West Coast, stuck having to deal with fallout from performance enhancing fijians

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it doesn't, coaches are able to take anything they want, how can it be performance enhancing & illegal if he is not playing the game? They are only making this a news story as it may be linked to the club & thus the players also, it isn't.

Any coach and official at any club outside of the players can legally take anything they want. They wont be receiving any ban.

They can't take anything they want under the AFL Code of Conduct, read it on page 8....should be left to coach until its been determined if he has or hasn't but to say he can take anything he likes is ignorant of the facts and just plain wrong...

They can't take anything they want under the AFL Code of Conduct, read it on page 8....should be left to coach until its been determined if he has or hasn't but to say he can take anything he likes is ignorant of the facts and just plain wrong...

Well he hasn't taken any illegal substances anyway so nothing to worry about :)

Well he hasn't taken any illegal substances anyway so nothing to worry about :)

Let's hope for his sake that is the case but the stuff he was quoted as taking in the paper is on the WADA banned list since 2004 so he may have a case to answer to the AFL IF it is proven but looking forward to the game on Friday night, should be a cracking game..

The thing I hate most about this is no matter who wins on Friday all the media will be talking about is the scandal and how it affect the game... Rallied the troops or the pressure affect the players. Only hope the game isn't affected because it should be a cracker.

They had Tim Watson on Sunrise this morning saying that Essendon had confirmed with the parents yesterday that a supplement that was not illegal, but had not been approved for human usage to treat obesity had been used on some players.

In that case it sounds like we've come back full circle to that peptide that isn't banned yet, but is likely to be added to the list now that WADA know about it.

Not sure it's looking good for Essendon if they're now admitting to the players they gave them that.

So they used stuff not banned what is the problem? If they aren't banned this is a non issue. Jesus some people just hear the word needle and think Trainspotting or something I guess.

It's still an issue. The problem is some drugs that aren't banned can later be banned if they are found to have similar effects to banned substances. Then sanctions can be retrospectively handed out by ASADA.

There isn't technically a definitive list of banned drugs - rather there's a list of banned substances, and then a list of drugs currently known to contain those substances or similar.

A simple rule is if it's not approved for human's in Australia then it's banned. Which I think Ess biggest problem is. The substance wasn't banned but, it's Not approved for human use either.

The problem is some drugs that aren't banned can later be banned if they are found to have similar effects to banned substances. Then sanctions can be retrospectively handed out by ASADA.

Say what? How could anyone possibly be sanctioned for using something that was legal at the time of use?

For mine, Hird can take whatever legal drugs he likes as long as he isn't playing.

Admittedly, it's not a good look. But he's allowed to take peptides and whatnot as he's not on the field.

The only issues I'd have with him would be if he knowingly allowed players to take substances that were banned. Or if he denied taking anything himself, and subsequently admitted he lied. Pushing things to the edge but staying within the rules is fine as far as I'm concerned. Understand that a lot of people will be
p!ssed about the damage to the clubs reputation and the distraction all this has caused.

It may be ugly, but if what the Bombers were doing was within the WADA guidelines then play on. And let the AFL impose their rules to ban the practices... to stamp it out, if WADA don't implement their own bans on the practices.

The thing I hate most about this is no matter who wins on Friday all the media will be talking about is the scandal and how it affect the game... Rallied the troops or the pressure affect the players. Only hope the game isn't affected because it should be a cracker.
it's ****ed, isn't it?

Been so looking forward to this game and now all the focus is off the champagne footy we're going to hopefully see and on all this crap. I just want to focus on the ******* footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back