Hiroshima A-bomb 70th Anniversary

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats a typical response from a bigot confronted with the fact our anzacs are not heroes. Are in fact no more or less brutal barbarians like every other soldier, all sent to war by rich men.

No I'm simply calling out the fact you can't count. I'd say the bombings of Dresden and Hamburg were probably worse as well given they took place against a civilian population after peace negations had began.

*BTW you mean Allied not ANZAC.

Went right over your head. That thing is playing a my penis is bigger than yours game. Shallow.

No you made a stated claim. Which is that the bombing was the single biggest war crime committed and I'm calling you out on that. Simple.

From your level yes they were. But because they needed people to run post war Japan. These people did what they were told, only the unrepentant ones went for war crimes. Similar story over in Germany.

Yeah and they let off too many Germans and Japanese who did far more than just follow orders

Be careful, or little graham will post a picture with a made-up quote on it and then you'll know you've lost the argument.

Be careful, or little graham will post a picture with a made-up quote on it and then you'll know you've lost the argument.

It is curious how little graham went missing once people started using facts, logic and his own quotes against him, isn't it.

Almost like his tinfoil hat slipped a bit.

Let's not rationalise the vapourisation of 120,000-150,000 people.

That's just piss weak.

If you can't prove that Japan was going to unconditionally surrender otherwise and that more people wouldn't have died in the events (see the defence of Okinawa for instance) you can't just see it was an incorrect choice regardless.

That's just piss weak.

If you can't prove that Japan was going to unconditionally surrender otherwise and that more people wouldn't have died in the events (see the defence of Okinawa for instance) you can't just see it was an incorrect choice regardless.
Piss weak is dropping a bomb on civilians from a plane.

Vapourised.

Piss weak is dropping a bomb on civilians from a plane.

Vapourised.

Is it any better or worse than killing them any other way?

Over 140,000 Japanese Civilians died on Okinawa...they were just as dead.

So we're ok with civilians being vapourised for some political grandstanding?

To rationalise this is to provide arguments why some in the West are racist and inhuman.

Why is vapourised to end a war that would kill more unrationalisable?

Are you okay with more people dying if it's be gun/spear whatever? Up close on personal?

Manchus and Koreans should just get ****ed and bow to their Japanese masters right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we're ok with civilians being vapourised for some political grandstanding?

To rationalise this is to provide arguments why some in the West are racist and inhuman.

War is evil. There are only degrees, and the deaths from the atomic bombs are a significantly lesser degree than many other examples that can be provided. Remember that between 50 and 80 MILLION civilians are estimated to have died in WW2, which casualties being done to and by all parties (or at least, all significant ones) regardless of race/side.

To suggest that these deaths are somehow unique, or significant because of the manner in which they happened or who did them is, at best, naive and more likely just an attempt at political points scoring.

War is evil. There are only degrees, and the deaths from the atomic bombs are a significantly lesser degree than many other examples that can be provided. Remember that between 50 and 80 MILLION civilians are estimated to have died in WW2, which casualties being done to and by all parties (or at least, all significant ones) regardless of race/side.

To suggest that these deaths are somehow unique, or significant because of the manner in which they happened or who did them is, at best, naive and more likely just an attempt at political points scoring.

No s**t. He's already pulled in the racist card.

And the you can't possible rationalise this at all you evil bastard card.

Lack of good faith debating is what you'd expect from him anyway

If you can rationalise away the vapourisation of 150,000 people (vast majority were civilians) and the resultant cancer and illnesses caused by the bomb's dropping, I suppose the question that has to be asked is what would you consider unacceptable?

Why is vapourisation (a quick death) inherently worse than other deaths from war?

Especially those who would have died in a land invasion?

Why is vapourisation (a quick death) inherently worse than other deaths from war?

Especially those who would have died in a land invasion?
Just step back for a minute. You're trying to justify vapourisation of human beings. Consider that next time you cry crocodile tears in Aprils and raise a glass (TM).

You don't see any issue with indiscriminately murdering 150,000 civilians?

Just step back for a minute. You're trying to justify vapourisation of human beings. Consider that next time you cry crocodile tears in Aprils and raise a glass (TM).

You don't see any issue with indiscriminately murdering 150,000 civilians?

Why is vapourisation any worse than bayonetting in a death?

Is a drafted American GI worth less? And Okinawan?

A Manchu or a Korean still under Japanese occupation?

Vapourisation is a damn sight quicker than dying from gun or blade related injuries.

I believe it not only saved millions of lives from an invasion (both Japanese and allied) but liberated Japanese occupied territories and forcibly made it clear to hard core Japanese military supremacists that they were unable to fight on.

Why is vapourisation any worse than bayonetting in a death?

Is a drafted American GI worth less? And Okinawan?

A Manchu or a Korean still under Japanese occupation?

Vapourisation is a damn sight quicker than dying from gun or blade related injuries.
Are there any situations when you don't think vapourising civilians is the proper course of action?

Are there any situations when you don't think vapourising civilians is the proper course of action?

I believe it not only saved millions of lives from an invasion (both Japanese and allied) but liberated Japanese occupied territories and forcibly made it clear to hard core Japanese military supremacists that they were unable to fight on

Instead of bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the U.S. should have emulated Japan's sterling efforts during the Cuddling of Nanking, when they made a generous gesture, preventing the catastrophe of that country falling into the hands of its own citizens. Why didn't the Yanks try this? The Japanese habit of using Australian prisoners for bayonet practice in PNG, during that diplomatic engagement, provided a template for all future humanitarian aid programs. Why didn't the Yanks try this? In that same theatre of peace-keeping, the Japanese preoccupation with tidiness and ecological imperatives saw them dispose of the bodies of Australian soldiers, by eating same. Why didn't the Yanks try this? The Sandakan March for Life is an action which rightly resonates throughout history as an example of how to peacefully and sympathetically relocate respected adversaries, for their own good. Why didn't the Yanks try this?

Oh, and the Yanks were murderous bastards who acted precipitously and without provocation. Did I mention Pearl Harbour? Yet another example of Japan's determination to negotiate a lasting peace, which Truman should have taken into account before the decision was made to drop the bombs. Why didn't the Yanks try this?

Such an exemplary track record in human rights should have seen the award of the Nobel Peace prize to all of the citizens of Japan. It's not too late to do this, and I'm sure it will happen on the day Japan receives appropriate and deserved compensation and accolades for their selfless efforts in the onerous task of rejigging the power balance in the Pacific and elsewhere. All the research I've done about this indicates that the Japanese were hapless victims of a complete misunderstanding. Despite these efforts I've made, I can only aspire to the depth of knowledge about war crimes which morbidly obese graham has.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back