Gym & Misc How do i lose the last little bit of fat?

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL @ number 5.Like most things if you really want to do it,You will do it or at least have agood crack at it.Diet,weights & cardio are 3 main keys.But will power and wanting to do it are paramount.
Read the other day Packer has had it done and said it was the best thing, Still exercises most days but said the fact he now eats what ever he wants because its always a small portion is a bonus.

Knowledge is power man, get a fitness app or a Fitbit and use it to see where you are at. (calories in/out)

Eat and drink exactly what you usually do for a week and track every calorie to understand where you are getting your excess, what foods are absolutely horrible, etc (you will be surprised how many calories are in different foods/alcohols, you can use that to your advantage)

Go on a 40/40/20 split. (carb/protein/fat)

Hit the gym for muscle development, 45 mins 3 times a week.
Train cardio at around 70% HR, 30 mins 3 times a week.

No alcohol. (at least keep it to a minimum, and make sure you include it in your calorie intake for the day)

Plenty of water, plenty of sleep.

Work out your maintainance calories and deduct somewhere in the range of 250-750 depending on where you are starting and how soon you want it.

Research Intermittent Fasting. (basically you eat all your food for the day in a 4-8 hour window, same amount of calories, just in a 11am-7pm window as an example, preferably training beforehand)

Don't have a goal of trim by NYE, (you can go harder at the start but it opens the door of the kg's just coming straight back once you get where you want) have a goal of healthy for life and achieve it with a plan that you can stick with long term.

Have discipline, it is worth it.

Good luck bro :thumbsu:

If you want to lose last little bit of fat then you have to take slimming tea. Now a days we have slimming tea to ensure rapid and natural weight loss. I am sure you would agree with me,having tea like any other drink can ensure steady and natural weight loss. The best part is that unlike diet or slimming pills tea does not have any side effects.

If you want to lose last little bit of fat then you have to take slimming tea. Now a days we have slimming tea to ensure rapid and natural weight loss. I am sure you would agree with me,having tea like any other drink can ensure steady and natural weight loss. The best part is that unlike diet or slimming pills tea does not have any side effects.

Really hoping you're joking there... If you are serious though, then i suggest you go and read back on a few of these pages because i very much doubt you'll get many people on here who will agree that 'you have to take slimming tea... to ensure rapid and natural weight loss'.

Do u have shares in the only company who imports slimming tea?

It's the most ridiculous claim I've heard in a long time..

How badly do you want to lose it? Meal replacements work but are painful.

Kudos to this. With no work most weekends you're able to plan your whole day around training and then when you do get the gym it's usually very quite.

Love training on the weekends.

This. I literally can't do deadlifts during the week because it would be rude to take that much floorspace with so many people around. When it's just me an a couple of old blokes at 3 o'clock Sunday afternoon there is so much more room and I don't have to wait for anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is this about not being able to target areas for fat loss?!

The body takes energy from the area closest to where it needs it.

Ie - if you're in the stage where you're burning fat and you're working on your legs/bike; your body takes the energy from the fat cells in your legs... they are the closest, most convenient store of energy!

What is this about not being able to target areas for fat loss?!

The body takes energy from the area closest to where it needs it.

Ie - if you're in the stage where you're burning fat and you're working on your legs/bike; your body takes the energy from the fat cells in your legs... they are the closest, most convenient store of energy!

Couldnt be further from the truth. Its impossible to be selective where fat is lost.

Completely and utterly false.

When your body needs to convert fat to energy it'll go through a number of steps:
- body sends out some hormones telling fat cells that it needs energy to be created
- the fat cells will break down fats into smaller molecules and release them into the blood stream
- they will be transported around the bloodstream and any muscle/areas that need it will use them as required

As it transports through the blood stream there is no way possible that leg fat will convert to leg energy, arm fat to arm energy, stomach fat for stomach energy.

I think as a general rule you lose fat in the last place your body stored it. So If you developed a gut, and then fat arms then chest. It would burn that fat in the reverse order.

I think as a general rule you lose fat in the last place your body stored it. So If you developed a gut, and then fat arms then chest. It would burn that fat in the reverse order.

yep - that has been my experience. Unfortunately, at least in men, the gut /back fat seems to be the last to go. That is where guys carryt the majority of their fat cells.

Can diet drinks like coke zero be bad for your gut? I have heard that the fizziness might give you a big gut. Anybody know if this is true or false? **takes swig of coke zero**

Looking at a few examples of my first Dexa scan (Dual energy X-ray absorptiometry )

I was 11-15.3kg over weight, I am right handed.

Lean + BMC is your lean muscle mass and bone mineral content

Right Arm - 1294g Fat mass, 3913g Lean + BMC, 5270g Total Mass. 24.9% Fat.

Left Arm - 1276g Fat mass, 3464g Lean + BMC, 4740g Total mass. 26.9% Fat

Right Leg - 3620g Fat mass, 10054g, Lean + BMC, 13674g Total Mass. 26.5% Fat.

Left Leg - 3699g Fat mass, 9600g Lean + BMC, 13299g Total Mass. 27.8% Fat.

Trunk - 12300g Fat mass, 30188g Lean + BMC, 42488g Total mass. 28.9% Fat.

Head - 1545g Fat mass, 4510g Lean + BMC, 6055g Total mass, 25.5% Fat.

It also measures Android and Gynoid Fat mass, Lean + BMC, total mass and Fat% but that can be googled for those interested.

Interesting results as i had a decent gut yet muscular arms and legs, and in appearance they were not carrying that much fat, but the % were in context, small but varied. My head was the surprise as i had a bit of fat around the face and neck but i didnt for one minute think i had a similar % of fat there compared to my gut.

So in effect when you think you are targeting your legs in a Spin session, or arms in the weights room, the percentages per body part will remain very consistent.

If it were all possible for me to keep all the above and drag the Trunk back to 12-15% i would be A) Very, very happy, and B) very, very wealthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back