Prediction How far do we go in the finals?

How far?

• Elimination Final

• Semi Final

• Preliminary Final

• Grand Final

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have some Facts to share with you on one condition: NO ONE tells the players...

- In the Home & Away rounds our attack was ranked #12 in the league (defence #3).

- The Dogs have played away to West Coast 26 times, ever, for a total of 5 wins.

- We've lost our past 4 matches away to West Coast by an average of 84 points.

- Since 1991, West Coast have played 13 finals and won 11 of them. One of the losses was by a solitary point. The other came in extra time after a draw.

- We've never won a final outside of Melbourne. The smallest losing margin is 34 points.

I have some Facts to share with you on one condition: NO ONE tells the players...

- In the Home & Away rounds our attack was ranked #12 in the league (defence #3).

- The Dogs have played away to West Coast 26 times, ever, for a total of 5 wins.

- Since 1991, West Coast have played 13 finals and won 11 of them. One of the losses was by a solitary point. The other came in extra time after a draw.

- We've never won a final outside of Melbourne. The smallest losing margin is 34 points.

Then it's time to break the streak!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love these :D

What happened in the past has no bearing on what will happen in the future.
hmmm...if your talking about a random event like flipping a coins then your correct.

Yet the past has a bearing on what will happen in the future in almost every aspect in life. Governments recover from recessions, its warms up in summer each year, the eagles average more frees than there opposition at home....

So our history is not good which makes them favourites for good reason yet its not impossible.

hmmm...if your talking about a random event like flipping a coins then your correct.

Yet the past has a bearing on what will happen in the future in almost every aspect in life. Governments recover from recessions, its warms up in summer each year, the eagles average more frees than there opposition at home....

So our history is not good which makes them favourites for good reason yet its not impossible.
Governments recovering from recessions has nothing to do with the past effecting the future. Nor does it warming up in summer each year. That's called seasons and has to do with the sun and rotation of the earth. The Eagles averaging more frees is a fact. But again nothing about a past-future relationship........man I'm bored today

Governments recovering from recessions has nothing to do with the past effecting the future. Nor does it warming up in summer each year. That's called seasons and has to do with the sun and rotation of the earth. The Eagles averaging more frees is a fact. But again nothing about a past-future relationship........man I'm bored today
Disagree, history shows government recover, therefore based on past events government would recover again from a recessions. Yes oh course its seasonal yet it still is a past event and unless something drastically changes in the environment it will be warm in summer again. Eagles get frees at home, correct based on past events such as crowd involvement. Nothing to suggest this wont continue. ps. yes Im bored as well...ha ha...let just hope we can win against the odds.

Didn't they lose their last final by 46 points?

If McGovern didn't kick a goal with 26 seconds remaining, I'd have won $1000.

Tipped Hawks by 52.

Didn't they lose their last final by 46 points?
Yes, of course.

There was a key word missing from the Fact, which should have read:

- Since 1991, West Coast have played 13 home finals and won 11 of them. One of the losses was by a solitary point. The other came in extra time after a draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't they lose a GF Last year by 38654 points?

At times I really do wish I could be as optimistic as some of you blokes but unfortunately I think this game will be over by half time and then the Eagles will put the cue away :(

Hope I'm wrong I really do but too many good blokes out will hurt us now we playing big boy football in finals, depth players will show how far off they are if they play.

The fact we even considering playing blokes that haven't played for weeks says a lot

Last edited:
At times I really do wish I could be as optimistic as some of you blokes but unfortunately I think this game will be over by half time and then the Eagles will put the cue away :(

Hope I'm wrong I really do but too many good blokes our will hurt us now we playing big boy football in finals

Sadly have t agree MD.
We would need a massive first half to have any hope.

Hope I'm wrong I really do but too many good blokes our will hurt us now we playing big boy football in finals
You're right Matt - with our injuries we have no right to expect to even be in the contest. But you never know do you? West Coast have shown themselves to be a brittle team. We have no such tendancies, so I won't write us off.

You're right Matt - with our injuries we have no right to expect to even be in the contest. But you never know do you? West Coast have shown themselves to be a brittle team. We have no such tendancies, so I won't write us off.

I think we have shown we are brittle at times mate

Stkilda and Freo games were just horrible and I won't accept excuses for those performances.

I think we have shown we are brittle at times mate

Stkilda and Freo games were just horrible and I won't accept excuses for those performances.
True...but we won 15 games when we really had no right to do so. When Beveridge was appointed 2 years ago we would never had dared to think we would be as good as we are now, so quickly. We've disappointed in a couple of games but there are 14 or 15 teams more brittle than we are - and West Coast is one of them.

True...but we won 15 games when we really had no right to do so. When Beveridge was appointed 2 years ago we would never had dared to think we would be as good as we are now, so quickly. We've disappointed in a couple of games but there are 14 or 15 teams more brittle than we are - and West Coast is one of them.

There is always hope mate but like I said I'm not optimistic at all.

2 of our players (preferably Jong and Stevens) should just take out 3 to 4 eagles players early on so they're out for the game.
The following week we can bring back Libba and Macrae and Wood if he won't play in the EF.

Back