Analysis How will Richmond lose this year???

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I am not so sure we will lose but odds are we will.

The point of this thread is to look at it from another perspective and see how teams think they can beat us.

Ideally we lose the first four games or five then do not lose another match for the season and win the premiership.

I think our list is quiet strong especially depth wise.

I think JR can go on for a couple of years then we will see. I know others disagree but I am confident he can stay strong. I think our forward line could do something out of the box with the options at our disposal. Our midfield is a lot stronger.

I said to some friends RFC is looking imposing to me. One responded he rated Hopper more than Taranto and then questioned our pace in the midfield. I responded well we have Bolton, Prestia. I also thought is Hopper and Taranto slow anyway??

I said we can skip our midfield anyway, go from our backline straight to our forward structure.

Are there weaknesses in our backline? Dunno but I think depth wise our RFC list is looking very good. I think our reserves should give the 2nds comp a shake to!!!

I do not think we are a team of superstars but I think we are a well balanced list, well rounded, bit like Melbourne 2021 potentially and hopefully we can combine into a most effective well rounded team that goes all the way. Hopefully we can be a superstar team that can be victorious helping each other progress and excel!! Cross fingers with the injuries to

The other thing is mentally we won in 2017 not believing the premiership was even possible thus the tears from Richo on the sidelines when it eventuated. So there was no fear of loss when its hard to conceive we can win it all. Likewise naturally we cannot fear losing because we have not won anything of late so we have to work hard and put the effort in because its very difficult, nothing is guaranteed and hopefully we get the chance to play our best!!!

Last edited:

I was thinking to increase our chances for victory maybe Hopper is more centre/forward half as well in our structure in the flow in terms of positioning.

He can kick goals on both feet and present to forwards left and right side which helps like Sonsie. Maybe Cotch and Prestia are a little more back in positioning to get the best results with a bit more room allowing them to create, defend and apply their trade

I think for those going on about Baker need to consider Baker in a forward position as part of rotation.

i know some don't like it but I think Bolton on a wing, part of the game has to be explored.

Bolton, still has to play forward at times, don't get me wrong, kick multiple goals, I get it, but I think him rotating through a wing could do wonders for the team because we have a smaller guy with pace in space who is great overhead that has to be explored. He can drift centrally to the contest work to obviously

Bakers one wood is long goals from a smaller guy with the ground ball skills apart from the pressure so Baker in forward positions makes RFC stronger I think

Umpires will up there game against us this year,from 4 goals to oppos to 5 before the game starts.

Third umpire rorts from 2 to 4.

5 new invented rules on the fly in gameplay made against us this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other thing is development.

Development is key even now.

How many of our youngsters including 1st years grab a premiership like Pickett from seizing the moment or even Graham as a 3rd gamer. The GF is towards the end of the year but to get there the work needs to be put in now to prepare for that chance. Can't take these opportunities for granted, every minute goes by our list gets older. Sure we will be thereabouts but nothing is guaranteed and even their moment is now otherwise it could slip away like Stack.

Do we lose because our youngsters fail to seize their opportunity while the Swans youngsters come from the clouds?

Last edited:
Do we lose because our youngsters fail to seize their opportunity while the Swans youngsters come from the clouds?
I think we blooded a few last year that look the part. Gibcus, Sonsie and Judson Clarke all look they will shine. Cumberland too, although it took Dimma forever to drop a seriously out of form George to bring him in, but when he did play he seized his opportunity. Good signs with our youngster IMO.

Injuries. If Lynch goes down / is sidelined for a while with his foot injury our tall forward marking targets start to look a shaky. Jack still crafty but can’t jump too high anymore so I suppose Balta or possibly Miller would fill the spot. A fit and firing Lynch is integral to our success IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back