Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you imagine Abbott as prime minister in a pandemic.

that would be nuts.
Abbott is one of few Australian pollies (current or former) who penned something intelligent during the pandemic.

Abbott was a strong advocate of vaccination, and remember he was the one who introduced no jab no play.
As long as they didn't interfere with his religious conservatism.

i have a booking for Pfizer this coming Friday that i made 2 or so weeks ago

have read stories of people's pfizer jabs in Sydney getting cancelled and the vax being redistributed elsewhere

hope that dont happen with me

As long as they didn't interfere with his religious conservatism.
Strong leaders do change their opinions and stance on issues, but then according to that article went on to say "“If there is a national immunisation program, I certainly will be making sure that they get vaccinated under the program.”

did or did not the parties at home occur in the window of time when we thought all cases were fully isolating. Yes it was against the health advice (which was do not have visitors into the home) however you could meet up in open areas. And if you had an impromptu game, no one would have stopped you.
Your community sporting organisation just lacked ... creativity to get around it.
That and I think we only had from 26/7/21 to 5/8/21 (ie one single weekend) between lockdowns

Is Eddie still complaining about others breaking the rules after openly boasting about how he'd done the same during the last lockdown?

Color me shocked.........

Who has done the most damage in Australia - the virus or the media?

View attachment 1199543

Great find, makes me sick to imagine how many have read this.

does a stock image change the story?

media aren't great, I know, but not sure how the picture changes the validity of the story in itself ? (also haven't read story either)

i just dont see how that pic affects the content - that just seems lazy at worst

(Log in to remove this ad.)

media aren't great, I know, but not sure how the picture changes the validity of the story in itself ? (also haven't read story either)

i just dont see how that pic affects the content - that just seems lazy at worst

If they can't get the picture right how can you trust them to get the facts (Murdoch & facts I know) right?

You like misleading pics? Courier mail logo implies Australia. That is then spread across social media.

Why not go with this happened in UK?

The cancer that is the current media landscape.

Last edited:

Mate if you’re going to report on the pandemic, do it with some effort, class and honesty. This has happened far too often and creates doubt in people’s minds.

Have to say, for all the sh*t he copped back from June last year for lockdown, Andrews has been proven right again and again. Now that NSW has tried to go progressively on COVID - and it's starting to run out of control - it seems like it's now going to be a very close-run thing to get enough jabs into arms before the virus really spirals.
It's been her plan from day 1 to vaccinate her way out of this.

Abbott is one of few Australian pollies (current or former) who penned something intelligent during the pandemic.

Abbott gets verballed every time he speaks but he makes much more sense than our current leaders.

After six months, Abbott insisted, governments should be “relaxing the rules” and letting people shoulder whatever risk burden they’re prepared to accept – not keeping everyone under the same increasingly-stringent control regime. “For a free people, there’s a world of difference between a course of conduct that individuals choose for themselves and one that the government orders them to adopt,” he explained – even if, as in Sweden, most people ultimately elect to follow the guidance set out by their leaders.​
Instead, he said, governments were clinging to their emergency powers, having grown so enamored of feeling needed by a fear-crazed public that they’d adopted unrealistic goals (i.e. zero community transmission of the coronavirus) as an excuse for remaining in “crisis mode.” Abbott slammed Victorian premier Daniel Andrews, who recently sought to extend his state’s pandemic-related ‘state of emergency’ for an entire year, for imposing a “health dictatorship.”​
He acknowledged the state had not devoted enough resources to protecting those in elder care homes from the virus, but claimed the current strategy of “preserving almost every life at almost any cost” was “clearly unsustainable” – even if it might have made sense at the beginning of the outbreak.​
“At some point, we just have to learn to live with this virus in ways that can be kept up more or less indefinitely,” Abbott said. He called for an end to “magic pudding economics” – the endless money-printing that has allowed governments to pay the wages of shut-down businesses, freeze rents and mortgages, and keep up unemployment payments without running out of funds. This “something for nothing mindset,” he argued, risks congealing into a “new normal” – luring a “people once sturdily self-reliant” into giving up personal responsibility in return for being taken care of by Big Brother.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back