Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His press conference was infuriating. Openly blamed Victorian's for "not quite doing the right thing".

What I didn't hear was a response as to his decision to refuse AFP and military quarantine help and use private security firms instead, which directly led to key outbreaks and community transmission..
We all know a department that really ****ed this up.

Rich people now live in public housing?
Missed my point. He has deliberately gone hard on those that are in a weaker position. Driving fans in Frankston not Toorak, buildings in Public Housing guarded by cops not gated communities in Toorak.

Because if he did that they have the money and time to take this to the High Court and he's arse would be out of power and a lot of these measures actually illegal.

I know that the Melbourne metropolitan lockdown will last 6 weeks but according to the calendar, when does it actually start and when will it finish?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I know that the Melbourne metropolitan lockdown will last 6 weeks but according to the calendar, when does it actually start and when will it finish?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Midnight tomorrow it kicks off

Ironically up to this I thought he was the best Vic Premier of my lifetime. But this is totally ****ed. To the point Labor will be last preference for me next election. He has ****ed up all the good work and reshaping of Victoria in the past 6 years in 2 months. We will not recover from this. We are ****ed. We'll be the SA of the country. (no offence South Aussies. I mean we will have people leaving in droves in the future due to the effect this will have).

Opposition Leader stop grandstanding. Also ridiculous observations. And bipartisian support after all that * Me.

Demand an election tomorrow, your policy is end of lockdowns and you'll be Premier. s**t I'd put liberal 1.

I can't believe how he spent so much of that press conference blaming everyone but the government and pretending the hotel quarantine issue didn't exist.

Pathetic.

Yeah. Classic politician speak the whole conference. Deflect. Spin. Deflect. Spin. Deflect. Spin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opposition Leader stop grandstanding. Also ridiculous observations. And bipartisian support after all that fu** Me.

Demand an election tomorrow, your policy is end of lockdowns and you'll be Premier. sh*t I'd put liberal 1.

So you end lockdowns, then what??

These guys know the funding arrangements, were they ignored by their former minister (they gave them a wave on the way out) preferring to listen to their replacement?
Why would they go to the Feds , why would the Feds undermine the States by giving them a forum?
I can understand the media wanting cheap fodder from formerly important people arguably looking to deny they contributed to the status quo.

You guess
It seems they went to the feds because they want some action on climate change.

This latest development has really brought the racists out of the woodwork.
I guess people are angry and are lashing out verbally about security guards, politicians and other acceptable targets. Maybe we shouldn't be doing that either. However racist remarks are clearly wrong, and especially dangerous right now.
I was disappointed to hear some obvious anti asian remarks made today, by an otherwise normal person.

Last edited:
So you end lockdowns, then what??
We take reasonable care to avoid deliberately infecting others.
We have quarantine and/or protection for the vulnerable. Special shopping hours, reserved gym times etc. Special seating on transport. (Kind of like we do now)
Kind of like we have done for millions of years with new viruses, diseases or infections.

But I will go to work and the supermarket and leave home for the necessities either interacting and being in the same space as 100s because a virus can not spread that way.

But s**t leave home and meet a friend. That could kill people.

But the premier is spot on. The real danger of this thing is people who get it will remain well and even asymptomatic. So they need to have their livlihoods and otherwise healthy selves destroyed.

And the vulnerable who are at risk from any outbreak of a flu or new disease or viral outbreak can't possibly be given exemptions or treatment. No we must lockdown the state. Even as he admitted this thing is with us for a long time. Because it is totally practical to keep locking down every 5 minutes for years on end.

A vaccine ....

50-50 at best. So why not herd immunity for the healthy who aren't getting sick? For those who are compulsory vaccinations but anti herd immunity WTF do you think a vaccine is? Sorry not meaning to attack you personally more a general observation but that press conference actually got me fired up. It was bullshit.

The first lockdown was a great success and we had the cases right down. We came out of it a bit too early (thanks mostly to Murdoch press and the libs) and then a combination of bad mistakes re hotel quarantine, bad behaviour and bad luck means we probably need to lockdown again. If we don’t lockdown- what is your solution? If you have some constructive ideas, send dan an email.
And the constant finger-pointing is not helpful. If enough people take your view you can vote dan out at next election. He’s actually been a good leader most of the time through these difficult circumstances.
Regardless, it’s time for everyone to step up and work on getting this under control.

only a real political partisan could suggest lockdown ended because of evil Rupert and the Libs but then gloss over the absolute incompetence of the Andrews Govt.

it is a controlled experiment. We had 8 States and Territories facing almost the same threat. Andrews’ performance is terrible compared to others. This is a Vic Labor mess. It is beyond incompetent. This is a sack the lot as soon as the crisis passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back