Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which political leader will need to have a big year in 2017, in order to be in a winning position come the 2018 Victorian election-Premier Daniel Andrews, or Opposition Leader Matthew Guy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guy is unelectable

The problem for the Liberals and the Coalition is that there is not enough talent on the Opposition front bench to get someone to challenge Matthew Guy for the leadership of the Liberals and the Coalition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Libs may be needing jeff, but what was jeff's main plus?

He got things done, sometimes stupid things, but they got done

So the current premier gets things done

No need for a jeff, unless you care that it conflicts with your perception that only Libs can manage

Not even starting to discuss corruption and the planning portfolio

Have to agree. He's got so much to work with, yet he's invisible. Maybe he's saving it all up for a late run.
He's got nothing to work with and the right of his party are plotting a take over in the shared delusion that the Liberals problems are that they aren't conservative enough for Victoria. They've lost the plot, if they didn't have the HUN on side they'd be totally ****ed.

He's got nothing to work with and the right of his party are plotting a take over in the shared delusion that the Liberals problems are that they aren't conservative enough for Victoria. They've lost the plot, if they didn't have the HUN on side they'd be totally stuffed.

Come back to me when you've got no power in the middle of summer.

Victoria’s Inclusive Language Guide proves government’s ineptitude

Andrews is certifiable. Look at those eyes and tell me they're not disturbing.

9d306f011957b406ec496c8797dd69f8

The world doesn't change for the aberrant minority you sick ****!

can I direct you to the herald sun hashtag #redDan - you will have lots of people who agree with you there

What Matthew Guy should have been doing instead of whining and complaining about the government, was to present an alternative plan ie Apex Gang rampage. It seems to me Guy has read too much of of the handbook presented by Tony Abbott, 'How to be an Opposition Leader and oppose everything.' Because the countdown to the 2018 State Election is coming up, and Matthew Guy had better put out his party's proposals and plans on issues such as crime and industrial relations fast, otherwise we could be seeing the biggest election wipeout in Victorian history. And it could send the Coalition to another 2-3 terms on the opposition benches in parliament.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have, many times.

If Dan's union mates don't get us, Hazlewood and other closures will. The Greens will be in their element, living by candlelight.
I vote Green, they care about the future more than the other two.

They (mostly) mean well but their ideas are the least practical of any of the parties. Fancy wanting to close Alcoa and wipe nearly $1b off Australia's GDP.
Better than giving $1B to Adani. Major parties are majorly on the nose.

Not a fan of the SJW bent he seems to have; but so long as he keeps building infrastructure he'll get my vote.

Assuming I can get over the South Yarra station idiocy, anyway.

What Matthew Guy should have been doing instead of whining and complaining about the government, was to present an alternative plan ie Apex Gang rampage. It seems to me Guy has read too much of of the handbook presented by Tony Abbott, 'How to be an Opposition Leader and oppose everything.' Because the countdown to the 2018 State Election is coming up, and Matthew Guy had better put out his party's proposals and plans on issues such as crime and industrial relations fast, otherwise we could be seeing the biggest election wipeout in Victorian history. And it could send the Coalition to another 2-3 terms on the opposition benches in parliament.

Lol

As if he or his party are capable of that

The Liberal Party have precisely zero vision for anything at state and federal level.

Latest Vic state poll ALP 53- LNP 47

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Those numbers suggest one thing, build things. And at a time where we need to spend massive amounts just to keep up with growth it is a good thing. That being said, I could see regional labor seats becoming more marginal after the CFA dispute and One Nation picking up a seat or two in the upper house if they run in Victoria...although being a NXT supporter I think we would have a good shot if we are given a chance since both major parties in Victoria have massive flaws that can be easily exploited.

Not a fan of him raising Police funding. Police are more or less useless and are putting these resources into revenue raising.

Come back to me when you've got no power in the middle of summer.

or gas in winter = Jeff Kennett

ah but that was the fault of successive previous governments. In actual fact the under investement in infrastructure has been chronic for decadesin this state

jeff privatising everything helped to mask the problem, but the probelm didnt go away.

Guys lib predecessors put into place more locking up and less parole = after the jill meagher tragedy.

but they blind eyed the report telling them that more prisons needed as the prison population has gone up by 75%.

Now the Hun is branding Dan 'soft on crime'

If the next opinion poll go against the Coalition, then the Liberals might have to think about getting someone to take over from Matthew Guy as Opposition Leader. Because the way things are going on now, the Coalition could be on the wrong end of a big election loss in 2018 if Guy is still there as leader of the Opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back