Mr Saint

Rookie
Dec 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St. Kilda
I hate to use the umpires as an excuse but we got butchered today 29 free kicks against and 10 for.
I know this wasn’t our best effort but I think we could have fallen over the line if the umpiring wasn’t so one sided.
It wasn’t just the free kicks they got it was also the free kicks we didn’t get.
Anyway there is always next week.

Umps gave a lot of tiggy touchwood against us. But there was a real lack of discipline tho. Blake's push and Goddard in the last quarter... Just a shocking performance consider the whole season was on the line.

Exact words
Did anybody hear the biased commentating from Shaw and Jakovich hell i just wanted to rip their heads off saying why wasnt that a free kick to west coast he was all over him and the free kick riewoldt got in the goal square was 'soft' he was all over him and head high contact
st.kilda were so disappointing Sam Fisher, Hayes and Riewoldt were the only ones really putting in

First off we deserved to lose but i do agree with you. The whole game was against us...umpires, crowd (obviously) and the commentators, normally i'm a huge fan of Fox commentators but today was just bull shit. There is nothing more annoying then commentators that are too conected with a football club trying to commentate (Jacovich, Bucks, Darcy) because all they do is talk about their club, good or bad they just never shutup and don't say anything constructive about the the other club.

But yeh back to the point i thought it was more the ones they didn't pay for us compared to the ones they paid against us that cost us.

normally i'm a huge fan of Fox commentators

I stopped reading after this - you've lost me.

They have a love-in for whatever state they are in, and always make for painful listening.

On the topic, you do have to wonder how a team could only get 10 frees in an entire game. :rolleyes:

Harvey has nearly had his kidney removed with knees, and Milne gets donged on the head with a knee and then slapped on the face (both required medical treatment but a free would have also been nice).

Then one of their Eagles blokes got tackled with one hand free and just dropped it on the ground (no free).

Then another guy (Priddis?) feels a tackle, is pretty much gone, decides to take a dive, and gets a free right in front????

And Matthew "Whispers" Head wasn't even umprìng!

You can't deny Fox is at least two classes ahead of channel 10 and 12 ahead of channel 7.

free kick count 29-10 in westcoasts favour. It's not just the count but where you get them, so how many directly resulted in goals? Too many i'm guessing. I'm too cut to stay on here, just gonna go cry in a corner somewhere now.:(:(:mad::mad::thumbsdown:

Boo hoo
I hate to use the umpires as an excuse but we got butchered today 29 free kicks against and 10 for.
I know this wasn’t our best effort but I think we could have fallen over the line if the umpiring wasn’t so one sided.
It wasn’t just the free kicks they got it was also the free kicks we didn’t get.

We played horrible. Missing all those easy shots on goal (Roo, Fiora, Jones, Hayes) That proved to be more costly than the umpires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol.....lol:p

Exact words
Did anybody hear the biased commentating from Shaw and Jakovich hell i just wanted to rip their heads off saying why wasnt that a free kick to west coast he was all over him and the free kick riewoldt got in the goal square was 'soft' he was all over him and head high contact
st.kilda were so disappointing Sam Fisher, Hayes and Riewoldt were the only ones really putting in

I felt the same way. I noticed that when a West Coast player was being tackled, they were 'being held' but when a stkilda player was being tackled he was 'in trouble'. Also, the commentators, most noticeably jakovich, only really talked about the west coast players, I don't think he even knew the names of some of our players.

Try reading the local papers (all 2 of them) if you thing the TV commentators are bad, and when they win it's like!!!!!!!!!! makes me sick.

We simply were'nt hard enough at the ball, the Eagles were more desperate and therefore got rewarded for it.

Yes.

If we're in a position to let the umps decisions influence the end result, we can only blame ourselves.

As Dal said only we can beat us now.

My pet hate - people blaming umpiring. Is shows weakness and it's such a pathetic excuse.

We were shit, end of story. We don't deserve to be a finals chance based on yesterday's performance against a sub par team. We are consistently inconsistent.

Yeah they were rubbish again. It's official- the AFL hates us. But having said that, we were incredibly undisciplined and I believe it was to do with WC's pressure on the ball carrier. We just simply couldn't get free space to move like we have in previous weeks. It was an embarrassing loss. Now we need to beat Freo over there. I was comfortable with losing to Freo as long as we beat WC but the Freo game is a must win now.

Exact words

I think you missed a few. I'd like to add Rob Eddy to the nominations, was best on for us I feel. And Milney was good along with Goddard even though he is too hot headed and gave away too many free kicks for being clumsy no matter how soft they were.:thumbsu:

After a crap round of golf I sat down to watch the footy

The first thing I saw was a ruck contest in the centre

The Westcoast ruckman jumped early, King made a run at the ball with eyes on the ball

Whistle----------Westcoast free(ruck infringement)

I shook my head, grabbed the remote and hoped like hell the goodies were still on tv(They have to be dumber than an AFL umpire)

A bad day at golf is still better than AFL umpiring

The umpiring was terrible, as is always the case. They are pathetic people with ego's the size of Buddy Franklins.

That saying - we were sh!thouse. To go from last week to this week is pathetic with one change being a player that had what - less than 10 possies last week anyway.

Commentary was disgusting also but that doesn't influence a game. It did remind me a lot of watching a Auckland Warriors game tho. I nearly put it on mute.

To the West Coast supporters coming on here. Feck off. I wanted to beat you b$%%#rds so bad and we owed you after round 20 last year, but we were obviously ahead of ourselves. You lot have always been a bun(h of pr!cks, but being so successful has probably influenced that so I won't blame you entirely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back