Media I would like to apologise

Remove this Banner Ad

FootyGuy13 walks into frame with a cute dog and various Coney Island memorabilia in camera shot

At 11:59pm AEDT on the 24th of October, I posted the Round 13 Match Threads for the 34th Season of the Sweet FA. Little did I know that what I would do in these threads would snowball into a much bigger issue.

As Mobbs stated in the thread that brought the thread names to light, I changed the names of 3 teams in the title of these threads. Those 3 teams ended up beïng the "Fighting Furbies", the "West Coast Wombles" and the "East Side Fire Birbs". I thought, as someone known as a "failure", "no one of note" and a "poo poo head", it would be a quick joke to have the team name be slightly different, with the precedent being that the title would be changed to normal after being discovered. This happened earlier this season when the team officially known as Gumbies FFC was simply called "FFC". Was changed after 2 days. Or when a Match Thread Volunteer forgets to denote which game is the "Match of the Week". It is usually changed by the end of the week.

The small dog starts chasing its tail in the background

It was to my shock to find out, however, that the match threads were still how I left them when ClarkeM tagged me at 3:48pm AEDT on the 29th of October. As well as when the Round 13 Match Posting commenced the next day at 4pm AEDT. It caused Mobbs to create his thread about this, it caused numerous non-OOB members to agree with him and presumably caused Hate to close down sweetfa.plus so that the site could handle these team name changes. I didn't mean to cause the chaos that this easy joke had created, I have changed the team names to what they actually are and I thought that this would be the end of this story, with whatever slap on the wrist I would recieve...

The white dog figures out how to climb onto the desk and starts barking at FootyGuy13

But sometimes you got a ball rolling down the hill and you don't know it's gonna land on a heap of children, and this snowball was about to take out Kate Bush. One week later, All-SFA nominations were expected to be lodged in the Committee Room. We, of course, know that only 4 of 13 teams in the league put in their nominations before the deadline Best Before date. They couldn't be bothered to reach such a date that was seen, by the admin, to be perfect date that gave people enough time to put in nominations, then debate about the 20-player team, and then get graphics to present the All-SFA team. Not to mention that I was part of the Warriors LG that was apart of the Admin Election Vote Mess, it seems that I am linked to 2 instances that have culminated in various teams deciding to not care about the league anymore. (This does not include those who have boycotted the All-SFA process this season, those that have are just a different stupid)

FootyGuy13 reaches for something off-frame before an eye-dropper can be seen in his hand just before a jumpcut happens
FootyGuy13 is now seen having tears falling from both the tear-ducts and the opposite end of the eye from where the tear-ducts are

I'm sorry that I didn't show enough respect to the League as a whole by giving teams joke names in the final round of Season 34, I'm sorry that 2 of my actions have caused the League to collapse in on itself, making opposition LGs think that they can not bother with an important part of the Post-Season Award Ceremonies. I'm sorry that I have compelled my peers to fall asleep at the wheel as they try to drive their clubs to success. I'm sorry that the level of hand-holding some committee members have been receiving has increased since it clearly wasn't enough. I'm sorry.

Sorry Comedy Central GIF by South Park
Sorry Fireplace GIF by South Park
snow skiing GIF by South Park

FootyGuy13 goes to turn the camera off but the Bichon Frise takes off with it to reveal the other 3 walls covered in dakimakura
The daft dog runs out of the room with the camera, FootyGuy13's shouts get quieter and the camera suddenly turns off

I forgive everyone who annoyed me during the season but not the Furbies due to their bad apples, and not Wosh coz she doesnt care when I'm on holidays, and not FootyGuy13 because he does not need forgiveness.

I forgive everyone who annoyed me during the season but not the Furbies due to their bad apples, and not Wosh coz she doesnt care when I'm on holidays, and not FootyGuy13 because he does not need forgiveness.
I didn’t say I don’t care
I said no one cares

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t say I don’t care
I said no one cares
no, its just you. I received multiple pm's from other mods and admins wishing me a happy holiday.

FootyGuy13 walks into frame with a cute dog and various Coney Island memorabilia in camera shot

At 11:59pm AEDT on the 24th of October, I posted the Round 13 Match Threads for the 34th Season of the Sweet FA. Little did I know that what I would do in these threads would snowball into a much bigger issue.

As Mobbs stated in the thread that brought the thread names to light, I changed the names of 3 teams in the title of these threads. Those 3 teams ended up beïng the "Fighting Furbies", the "West Coast Wombles" and the "East Side Fire Birbs". I thought, as someone known as a "failure", "no one of note" and a "poo poo head", it would be a quick joke to have the team name be slightly different, with the precedent being that the title would be changed to normal after being discovered. This happened earlier this season when the team officially known as Gumbies FFC was simply called "FFC". Was changed after 2 days. Or when a Match Thread Volunteer forgets to denote which game is the "Match of the Week". It is usually changed by the end of the week.

It was to my shock to find out, however, that the match threads were still how I left them when ClarkeM tagged me at 3:48pm AEDT on the 29th of October. As well as when the Round 13 Match Posting commenced the next day at 4pm AEDT. It caused Mobbs to create his thread about this, it caused numerous non-OOB members to agree with him and presumably caused Hate to close down sweetfa.plus so that the site could handle these team name changes. I didn't mean to cause the chaos that this easy joke had created, I have changed the team names to what they actually are and I thought that this would be the end of this story, with whatever slap on the wrist I would recieve...

The white dog figures out how to climb onto the desk and starts barking at FootyGuy13

But sometimes you got a ball rolling down the hill and you don't know it's gonna land on a heap of children, and this snowball was about to take out Kate Bush. One week later, All-SFA nominations were expected to be lodged in the Committee Room. We, of course, know that only 4 of 13 teams in the league put in their nominations before the deadline Best Before date. They couldn't be bothered to reach such a date that was seen, by the admin, to be perfect date that gave people enough time to put in nominations, then debate about the 20-player team, and then get graphics to present the All-SFA team. Not to mention that I was part of the Warriors LG that was apart of the Admin Election Vote Mess, it seems that I am linked to 2 instances that have culminated in various teams deciding to not care about the league anymore. (This does not include those who have boycotted the All-SFA process this season, those that have are just a different stupid)

FootyGuy13 reaches for something off-frame before an eye-dropper can be seen in his hand just before a jumpcut happens
FootyGuy13 is now seen having tears falling from both the tear-ducts and the opposite end of the eye from where the tear-ducts are

I'm sorry that I didn't show enough respect to the League as a whole by giving teams joke names in the final round of Season 34, I'm sorry that 2 of my actions have caused the League to collapse in on itself, making opposition LGs think that they can not bother with an important part of the Post-Season Award Ceremonies. I'm sorry that I have compelled my peers to fall asleep at the wheel as they try to drive their clubs to success. I'm sorry that the level of hand-holding some committee members have been receiving has increased since it clearly wasn't enough. I'm sorry.

FootyGuy13 goes to turn the camera off but the Bichon Frise takes off with it to reveal the other 3 walls covered in dakimakura
The daft dog runs out of the room with the camera, FootyGuy13's shouts get quieter and the camera suddenly turns off

FB_IMG_1649481645431.jpg

Wait, people actually made you apologise for that?

People need to stop feeling the need to apologise for actually doing anything different in this place. Its killing the league. Everyones bored out of their minds, yet don’t want to do a thing to change it.

If anything you should be apologising for the over the top wordy OP and the lack of creativity in the joke names.

Grow up

one of the great movie scenes. I remember going to see this at the movies as a freshly minted adult on a date. good times.

Do you remember when you first saw this movie Bob, how old were you when you saw it?

one of the great movie scenes. I remember going to see this at the movies as a freshly minted adult on a date. good times.

Do you remember when you first saw this movie Bob, how old were you when you saw it?
Due to the film's M rating, my parents would not let me watch the film until I was 15 because they are responsible adults.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back