If the you of 2029 could come back in time to today...

Remove this Banner Ad

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
...what do you think they would say to you?

And do you think you would listen? Or follow their advice?

We've all spent time wondering about what we would do if we could go back in time and speak to our younger selves.

But how many of us spend time doing the inverse, pondering what we might learn from our (hypothetical) future selves?

I suspect the future me would tell me to relax more, worry less, stay away from alcohol as much as possible, try to start building up a decent savings account.

Basically, all the character/habit flaws I haven't sufficiently alleviated by now, I figure might still haunt me in 10 years time.

Would I listen to a future version of me if he could give me advice? I think I would, if I genuinely believed it was 'me'.

I'm old and wise enough now to know how dumb I am.

Over to you, bigfooty :thumbsu:

"Thanks for putting on all that weight, dickhead."

...what do you think they would say to you?

And do you think you would listen? Or follow their advice?

We've all spent time wondering about what we would do if we could go back in time and speak to our younger selves.

But how many of us spend time doing the inverse, pondering what we might learn from our (hypothetical) future selves?

I suspect the future me would tell me to relax more, worry less, stay away from alcohol as much as possible, try to start building up a decent savings account.

Basically, all the character/habit flaws I haven't sufficiently alleviated by now, I figure might still haunt me in 10 years time.

Would I listen to a future version of me if he could give me advice? I think I would, if I genuinely believed it was 'me'.

I'm old and wise enough now to know how dumb I am.

Over to you, bigfooty :thumbsu:

Back the winners each weekend at the footy.

Back to the Future style.

In 2029 I'll be 38 (Insha'Allah God willing good health and fortune) I suspect 38 year old PB's advice to me would be the same as my advice to 20 year old me: don't worry so much, be patient, stop eating junk, save up some money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More like what 2019 GG would say to 2009 GG and whether he'd listen.

I'd be like, dude, just go back where you came from and put a bullet in your head that's full of hopes and dreams.
giphy.gif

In 2029 I will be turning 45 and reflecting on 16 years of Liberal rule for which I am personally responsible.
In 2022 when this new scomo term ends there would have been 20 out of 26 years of LNP coalition rule. By then I would have had 9 years of labour myself and 20 of LNP since my first election.

In 2022 when this new scomo term ends there would have been 20 out of 26 years of LNP coalition rule. By then I would have had 9 years of labour myself and 20 of LNP since my first election.

My first election was 2004 when I was 20. So as a voting age adult I've had 5 years Coalition, 6 years Labor, and now 6 years into 9 years of Coalition again. Arguably the weakest 17 year period of govt in history.

Seeing the two major parties now makes me feel like I'm watching the last 5 minutes of a basketball game with a 20 point margin and all the bench players are on.

If the 2029 me seen the 2019 me he would probably say.

"You f##k#ng arsr#ole why the hell didn't you apply yourself. I'm stuck here now with nothing in the bank and no future because you like mid day naps and Judge Judy.

I got nothing because of you. Why didn't you work two jobs and take all the overtime like that prick at work from those years back. You playing PlayStation all the time for what. Whats NBA 2K19 doing for you now.

You selfish c#nt.

The whole idea of what would future you tell current you is a head * because you don't know what future you will be. And if you met future your, the actions of current you would impact on future you and if you think about it too deeply you'll need to sit down and have a sandwich.

In 2029 I will be turning 45 and reflecting on 16 years of Liberal rule for which I am personally responsible.

Mate, you drawing penises and t***ies on the green ballot paper each and every election did NOT lead to a Coalition incumbency. No seat is THAT marginal. Stop beating yourself up over it.

You are appreciated and among friends!

I would go back an bitch slap my young self, "take that mother ******* ear ring out of your ear and run track like the baseball coach is pleading you to do, (I had the high school stolen base record but I could not hit the side of a barn so had to get beaned or pinch runner to get on base)
, and stop trying to get laid and focus on getting your speedy feet to a university scholarship.

Oh and by the way, there are more bands than Led Zeppelin you long haired dork.

And finally, invest all your lunch money in Apple rather than weed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back