If you had to pick one player from each of the top six...

Remove this Banner Ad

well mate, 4 of your players wouldn't start for them. Kane may if you play him in the workhorse ronnies bitch role but that's probably it.
Lol you can't stand tottenham can you. You're like the new Moomba

I said Kane over Benzema later on. I'd have Varane ahead personally. He's class and Alderweireld couldn't get a game in the same league a few years ago.
Toby couldn't get a game at Atletico because Simeone doesn't like CBs who are adventurous at went with Godin and Miranda because they did just the job he wanted and that didn't play on all of Toby's strengths.

I don't think 4 would either. 2 would in Kane and Lloris and then it's pretty close with the CBs. Wanyama isnt really what a RM would use with the talent they've got

Toby couldn't get a game at Atletico because Simeone doesn't like CBs who are adventurous at went with Godin and Miranda because they did just the job he wanted and that didn't play on all of Toby's strengths.
well in Godins case it was also because he was better. Miranda was good then too.

Top 6 means no Newcastle, Brighton or Huddersfield so it's between Fulham, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United and Norwich.

Fulham: Thomas Kalas
Reading: Jordan Obita
Sheffield Wednesday: Tom Lees
Leeds United: Chris Wood
Norwich: The Murphy who's being linked with the horse fighters.

Top 6 means no Newcastle, Brighton or Huddersfield so it's between Fulham, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United and Norwich.

Fulham: Thomas Kalas
Reading: Jordan Obita
Sheffield Wednesday: Tom Lees
Leeds United: Chris Wood
Norwich: The Murphy who's being linked with the horse fighters.
Tom Cairney would be your best player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lololololololol

To be fair Bojan, the Brains Trust in here have made it pretty clear that there isn't a player in the world that would improve on Tottenham's starting XI from last season.. except Trippier apparently. What are the chances that they would have the 2nd best RB in the world already on their books?

Seems as though the chirpiness of Tottenham fans has gone up a few notches this summer. Love the banter, but can't help but notice this appears to have coincided with Levy tightening the purse strings a few notches, presumably with the very expensive new stadium in mind. Bit of nervousness creeping in?

Am I so out of touch in thinking the team that finished 7 and 11 points off the pace and didn't make a cup final (let alone win any silverware) over the last 2 seasons does perhaps have scope for improvement if they want to hold off their rivals (who all look set to be making significant improvements over the summer), convert their current patch of good form into something tangible and memorable, and not just be another side that qualified for the CL a couple of times?

IMG_6836.JPG

does perhaps have scope for improvement
Well that's generally what happens with players under 25 they improve over time so yeah it's safe to assume they will only get better.

As for our weaknesses we've all called them out and it's the reasons we didn't win anything last season. It's depth. It's a bigger problem than it sounds like and does probably sound like cockyness but really we need players not for the starting XI but who are capable of pushing our starting XI and eventually having 18-20 guys we'd be happy to call upon at any point. Right now that number is only 14-15. We need to add guys in but only really Trippier's starting spot is under threat at this point. But I'd love it if we signed a young CB who could push JV for his spot. Or a CM who isn't a considered drop off to Dembele.

To be fair Bojan, the Brains Trust in here have made it pretty clear that there isn't a player in the world that would improve on Tottenham's starting XI from last season.. except Trippier apparently.
Yeah, except that no one has ever really said that, have they?

However, prior to Walker leaving, we would struggle to find a player in the world who we could afford that would improve our first 11. There's a fairly significant difference between those two statements.

Lloris
Alderweireld
Wanyama
Kane

There's four you can't argue with

Make a case for Rose I reckon as well
Harry Kane is so much better than Benzema it's not even funny.

Marcelo though is way better than Rose.

Yeah, except that no one has ever really said that, have they?

However, prior to Walker leaving, we would struggle to find a player in the world who we could afford that would improve our first 11. There's a fairly significant difference between those two statements.
No one has said anything of the sort. ADL9798 knows this but chooses to post like a moron.
What was said was that it is hard to improve on our starting XI due to constraints such as budget and wage bill etc.
What was said was that we're not panicking at selling Walker as Trippier is quite competent.
What was said was that to improve on players like Eriksen, Alli, Wanyama, Dembele would require a transfer fee beyond our station at present.
What was said was that we'd instead focus on improving squad depth as that's more affordable.
What was waffled on about was trophies and how many points off first and all that nonsense.

Stick to Liverpool pal, or maybe get a clue about the club you're talking about first :thumbsu:
Oh, and btw, without Europe you were only 1 point above the worst Arsenal side in a decade. #derp

it's not a spurs thing either. 4 chelsea players wouldn't make the Real team. Neither 4 arsene fc, utd, pool or city players.
Would actually argue that for Chelsea, and yes I'm biased. But Courtois, Kante & Hazard are walk up starts wherever they go. And Azpilicueta is better than Carvajal. So that's that. :p

Would actually argue that for Chelsea, and yes I'm biased. But Courtois, Kante & Hazard are walk up starts wherever they go. And Azpilicueta is better than Carvajal. So that's that. :p

Courtois doesn't displace Navas, Donnaruma, Neuer, DDG, Buffon or Pickford.
Hazard doesn't get into RM, Barca, Bayern, PSG or Juventus (probably one or two others as well).
Azpilicueta isn't better than Carvajal.

Its a trolling frenzy in here

Lloris
Alderweireld
Wanyama
Kane

There's four you can't argue with

Make a case for Rose I reckon as well

Lloris - no upgrade
Alderweld - no way Perez knows who this is
Wanyama - doubt he's the best in the world when I don't know what position he plays
Kane - does he have 1/4 of Benz goals in the CL?
Azpi - downgrade
Hazard - downgrade
Kate - downgrade and shits the bed in big games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back