I'm so ANGRY!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Losing close games like this against the top sides will cost us a top-4 spot I think. As of now, I don't believe the Hawks are the best side (they are certainly up there). The Bulldogs are the top side (not really sure what happened with them against Richmond).

I am also gutted. We worked our butts off all over the field but just couldnt finish off. Sure we didnt have a Key Forward all night but we worked harder to get oppurtunities and we couldnt finish, simple. Goodwin, Tippett, VB, Thommo, Edwards all tightened up when they needed to finish. The Hawks just had a few sniffs and Osborne, Roughy, Hodge and Buddy took them. That was the difference and Im gutted because they were so depleted if we were ever going to beat them it was last night.

It sure hurts to lose matches like that... on the other hand we pushed Hawthorn harder than anyone else this year but the Bulldogs, and put ourselves in the position to win the game. We'll be better for the experience and some of our players are really starting to turn into reliable contributors! :)

Meanwhile I hate the way people want to bury the Crows because they lost this match. Osborne doesn't kick that goal from the clearance and the Crows probably win and we are all here talking about how great the Crows are. We played well and just couldn't get over the line. Give us a year or two and we'll be the team winning those sorts of matches.

have a cry. We were beaten by a much better team who are a genuine premiership chance. Again some good signs by some of the kids, bodes well for the future. VB, Knights, Vince, Maric, Porp and especially Douglas stood tall against bigger bodies, more experienced players.:thumbsu:

Its time we ____ing stopped acting like this 'Its good for the kids' 'OHhhh but we were picked to go 12th anyway'

We need to stop ____ing applying the 'we were underdogs' tag and actually recognise we lost a perfect opportunity to establish ourselves as a premiership contender. We lost a game we should have won, we would have been a top 4 side no doubt if we won. We didn't and there is no excuse.

I for one am very pissed, this season is going to amount to nothing if we keep accepting these shitty outcomes with our shitty excuses.

I'm bitter about this one.

The hawks had a LOT of 1st choice players out, we have only 3 missing maybe?

We were at home. So unfortunately this was a "should win", and we didn't pull it off. Close, but we didn't kick straight, and we had sweet FA defensive pressure in our forward 50.

Dissappointing, because it means we're not up to it. I know it's one game, but the grannie is one game too. Maybe in a few years, but then we lose Goody, Tyson, Macca, Sea Bass, Burton. With them gone, I'm not sure we'll be better then.

It makes me worry a little about our depth. I know we have a lot of good young kids, and I'm looking forward for 3 years - but as soon as we get a couple of injuries, we're falling back to unproven rookies. And I'm not blaming Otten for not getting 40 possies - the kid was on the ground for what - 15 minutes? Seriously neil, wtf?

When are we going to turn the corner, from "Almost" to "Real Contenders for the premiership"?

Argh.

But... for some perspective, at least we don't all barrack for Fremantle.

I was so angry after the game, not because we lost (well I wasn’t happy that we lost) but because the majority of people around me clapped the boys off. What the ____ is with that, we are not ____ing Fremantle. Losing is not good enough; don’t clap them off because we got within 4 point of a premiership threat. :mad:

We lost – we didn’t get the 4 point and we have now basically lost any chance at a top 4 finish – we lost and it was good enough for some nut jobs – ____ me. :mad:

We should have won that game and everyone should have been mad that we didn’t but NO they clapped them off and said well done. ____ing bull shit.

So... you werent a few weeks away from merging from Melbourne from being broke?

You haven't got players like Franklin, Roughhead, Lewis, Hodge etc from being for years and getting juicy draft picks?
Only one of those players you mention was a priority draft pick(Roughead), the others were traded for.

And as for your comment about the Melbourne merger bid...that was 12 yrs ago...and if you think we got to where we are now with AFL handouts then you're a bigger fool than I thought.

Like I said, don't comment on things you obviously know nothing about.

I'm sooooo ANGRY! I can't not believe how we can lead for 90% of a match and ____ing Lose!!

I've thrown Shoes, Torn T-shirts, kicked the crap out thing lying around!

WHY CAN WE NOT WIN ____ING CLOSE MATCHES!!!!!

I used to get that angry as well.

But now after a close loss, I just look for power supporters and small children to run over...

oh... also I look for some happy family homes ... you know...
the ones with the labrador dog, the cat, the budgie, nan and pop over for a visit,

... to torch on the way home. !!

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!:mad::mad::):D:D:D

Its time we ____ing stopped acting like this 'Its good for the kids' 'OHhhh but we were picked to go 12th anyway'

We need to stop ____ing applying the 'we were underdogs' tag and actually recognise we lost a perfect opportunity to establish ourselves as a premiership contender. We lost a game we should have won, we would have been a top 4 side no doubt if we won. We didn't and there is no excuse.

I for one am very pissed, this season is going to amount to nothing if we keep accepting these shitty outcomes with our shitty excuses.

C'mon now, heads down, isn't your bingo game still going?

Perfectly said.

That's because you only had two players in your forward line and 20 in your backline. Play with fire (being too defensive) and you will get burned more often than not.
Hawthorn was pretty much the same and were lucky to win.
Now what happened to the attacking game you were playing not too long back? :confused:
ps I haven't seen too many of your games lately, hence the question about your gameplan.

This was diff. to most of the season so far. But Hawks coach acknowledged that they also played that way.

BTW...its the gameplan that the Teal have beaten only once out of ... 9 tries is it? Works for me.

I was just thinking, some of our worst players tonight again were the experienced ones, Mcleod was great early but then fell off the face of the earth! Edwards, didn't see much of it. Rutten had an average day. Goody wasn't that influential and i'll point out again missed that goal :mad:.

I'm not saying drop them all or anything but maybe the Hawks had alot of good players out but our top players haven't played a good game in weeks, if they turn it on we would almost be a different side... What happened to Goody up forward? i can't even remember seeing where he was playing last night but i'm pretty sure it wasn't up forward!!

Thank God for Maric & Thommo! :thumbsu:

I was just thinking, some of our worst players tonight again were the experienced ones, Mcleod was great early but then fell off the face of the earth! Edwards, didn't see much of it. Rutten had an average day. Goody wasn't that influential and i'll point out again missed that goal :mad:.

I'm not saying drop them all or anything but maybe the Hawks had alot of good players out but our top players haven't played a good game in weeks, if they turn it on we would almost be a different side... What happened to Goody up forward? i can't even remember seeing where he was playing last night but i'm pretty sure it wasn't up forward!!

I was a bit disappointed with Goody's game. Its games like those you need the captain to step up and show leadership, but from what I could see there wasn't too much of that happening. I guess you expect the captain to take charge and really get into the game, but was definitely one of his less influential games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfectly said.

Rubbish. Although we could have and probably should have won that game, there are several people here who don't rank our chances of being a top 4 side this year and probably next and I agree with them.

Let's get real here. Last night we had our 5th first year player come onto the park. Tell me a top 4 side that would do that without suffering massive injuries. Stop getting ahead of ourselves and start grippling with reality.
We are refreshing our side and as often said here, with kids you are going to get those times where sides performance will fluctuate.

Strewth, what game were you watching? He tried his guts out last night.
Ran out of legs in the last for the effort.

You must put things into perspective the reason there are handouts to some of the struggling clubs in Victoria such as Melbourne,Western Bulldogs,Richmond and the Kangaroos is that there is just not enough sponsorship dollars going around in a 10 club city even though Melbourne's population is over 3.8 million, one only has to look to Adelaide with only 2 clubs and a population of over 1.5 milion do you own sums.
Cheers

Easy Fold or ***k off to somewhere with the dollars

You guys did well, the thing that cost you guys was the last 10 mins of the game, you went into shut down mode. Hawks are different to previous yrs, we attack when the other team shuts down.... It happened vs Port, Kangas, Richmond and even Essendon....

Good game though.

there are several people here who don't rank our chances of being a top 4 side this year and probably next and I agree with them.

And I also.

Ours was a strong performance against a very depleted top side.

We surely missed birdman and radar ...and Bass. But to still lose to

the top side with all their 'outs', doesn't this mean we have to pray for top

team injuries for us to be a realistic chance of doing some damage if...IF

we make the finals?

I'm not angry...just intrigued by one thing...
let's say player A takes a mark on the outer wing.....WE now have the ball.....I cannot understand why...when WE have possession of the ball...we elect to kick it straight to a contest inside fifty......and hope we get it back again......because...on most occassions....the opposition simply thump it away...or take possession of the ball and OUR defense now has to try and win it back again so we can repeat the process.
I;m sure if i was one of our defenders, i would be really pee'd off at having to work my guts out to win the ball for us...only to see it turned over inside fifty due to a kick to a contest. Tippet is not King Kong.
Why can't we find a better way to get inside fifty and retain possession of the ball?

Strewth, what game were you watching? He tried his guts out last night.
Ran out of legs in the last for the effort.

Ok my bad, sorry for some reason i can't remember seeing much of him, just looked at the stats and i look like a fool, 12 marks, 25 possies and 2 goals, i think i just thought that cause he missed that one in the last quater... :(

Have you ever noticed the Crows have not ever been in a thriller and won it as a result of their own merrits since Neil Craig started coaching us, if we have won close thrillers it due to our opposition screwing up. That is why we are not even close to winning a premiership, when we tighten up we have never made good decisions, and thats what sets us from the others.

have you noticed how Birdman is leading the goalkicking.?
That's because he is the only forward who can get up high enough to reach the ball to where we deliver it.
If you check the armpits of all the other forwards, you will find stretch marks from trying to reach the incoming ball.
Why can't we deliver the ball for the forwards to run onto or hit them on the chest like a lot of other good teams seem to be able to?
I honestly believe or backline is good enough to beat any team, our delivery from midfield to the forwards or creativity to deliver inside fifty is our greatest weakness.
Look at the stats each week...inside fifty...30, 40, 50 times.....number of goals....ten to fifteen...occassionally more.
Look how Geelong deliver inside fifty.....they are hell bent on maiking sure their forwards have every chance to take possession of the ball...or score.

Have you ever noticed the Crows have not ever been in a thriller and won it as a result of their own merrits since Neil Craig started coaching us, if we have won close thrillers it due to our opposition screwing up. That is why we are not even close to winning a premiership, when we tighten up we have never made good decisions, and thats what sets us from the others.

How quick you are to forget this year's Showdown when we had no fit players on the bench and hung tough against all odds. Even a majority of opposition supporters still call that the game of the year so far and it earned us enormous respect.

I agree with you all the way. What you said is absolutley perfect. Many of our close wins haven't been pretty, the best ones were R2 2005 and R18 2006 vs Collingwood, the Shwodown late last year and the showdown in R3 this year. But they were all by 4 points or more.

We are the only side in the AFL not to have won a game by 3 points or less in the last 6 years or so, the last time we won by 3 points was in R17, 2002 against Geelong which is our one and only 3 point win since the 1998 flag I believe. We have to go back to a 1998 come from behind win against Essendon for the last time we won by 2 points, the heart of a champion.

Since we stole that game from Geelong, we have been winless (0-9) in games decided by 3 points or less and 8 of those 9 games were played on the road. We are the only side in VFL/AFL history to have lost 9 straight games by 3 points or less and that streak might extend to 10 if we aren't careful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back