Opinion So, where are we at this stage of our rebuild?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it was the other way, selling hope the tanking phase is over and we're going to start turning our list into a contender.

Seeing it's going to be all but forgotten, come September/October.
I don’t. We’ve said previously we are in the phase where we will be bringing in experienced talent, we have a massive cap space they have to spend somewhere. Given the success of the last 2 years, I’m backing them in that they’ve got a plan for this year already in place.

Here's my 2c worth.
1 more A grade mid.
1 more KPD.
1 more mature age Ruckman ( for cover and to keep ROB honest)
Continuous development of current players! eg: Taylor, Nank, Newchurch, Cook, Pedlar to name a few.
All this is the minimum of course but if/when we can manage this I think we'll be seriously contending.

Here's my 2c worth.
1 more A grade mid.
1 more KPD.
1 more mature age Ruckman ( for cover and to keep ROB honest)
Continuous development of current players! eg: Taylor, Nank, Newchurch, Cook, Pedlar to name a few.
All this is the minimum of course but if/when we can manage this I think we'll be seriously contending.
Won't find much more reasonably cheap cover for ROB than Strachan.

Surely Strachan has to be keeping ROB honest?

If we go down the ruck path it should be for an athetic young ruck to develop in the SANFL with a view to the future.

Mitch Edwards would be ideal but he won't come cheap draft collateral wise. Freo NGA but he goes way way before pick 40.

Draft Fancy – Mitchell Edwards

Amongst a bumper crop of Peel talent, ruckman Mitch Edwards shapes as the most exciting. The Fremantle NGA product towers over many of his young teammates at 205cm but possesses elite athleticism and dexterity for a big man that sees him able to find plenty of the ball around the ground in the mould of a Tim English. Having led the ruck division for WA as an under-ager at the state carnival last season, Edwards will look to take that experience into his top-age year which should see him in the mix to play senior football.

Won't find much reasonably cheap cover for ROB than Strachan for ROB.

If we go down the ruck path it should be for an athetic young ruck to develop in the SANFL with a view to the future.

Mitch Edwards would be ideal but he won't come cheap draft collateral wise. Freo NGA but he goes way way before pick 40.

Amongst a bumper crop of Peel talent, ruckman Mitch Edwards shapes as the most exciting. The Fremantle NGA product towers over many of his young teammates at 205cm but possesses elite athleticism and dexterity for a big man that sees him able to find plenty of the ball around the ground in the mould of a Tim English. Having led the ruck division for WA as an under-ager at the state carnival last season, Edwards will look to take that experience into his top-age year which should see him in the mix to play senior football.
Edwards would be a shrewd get with one of our early 2nds (if he lasts to that point)

Also rumours we were looking at Ned Moyle from GC, which I don’t mind either

Won't find much more reasonably cheap cover for ROB than Strachan.

Strachan to me is one of those too good for SANFL not quite good enough for AFL types. I could be wrong but I wouldn't mind someone else as cover as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back