Test India v England (5 Tests) + Ind A v Eng Lions (1 Tour Match and 3 FC games)

Remove this Banner Ad

1st Test: Jan 25, Thu - Jan 29, Mon in Hyderabad
2nd Test: Feb 02, Fri - Feb 06, Tue in Visakhapatnam
3rd Test: Feb 15, Thu - Feb 19, Mon in Rajkot
4th Test: Feb 23, Fri - Feb 27, Tue in Ranchi
5th Test: Mar 07, Thu - Mar 11, Mon in Dharamsala

India (first 2 Tests): Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (wk), KS Bharat (wk), Dhruv Jurel (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Mukesh Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah (vc), Avesh Khan, Rajat Patidar, Sarfaraz Khan, Saurabh Kumar, Washington Sundar
India (last 3 Tests): Rohit Sharma (capt), Jasprit Bumrah (vice-capt), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill, KL Rahul*, Rajat Patidar, Sarfaraz Khan, Dhruv Jurel (wk), KS Bharat (wk), R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja*, Axar Patel, Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Mukesh Kumar, Akash Deep
  • Virat Kohli taking time off due to Anushka Sharma being pregnant with second child. Rajat Patidar named as replacement
  • KL Rahul and Ravindra Jadeja ruled out of the second Test due to injury. Sarfaraz Khan, Saurabh Kumar, and Washington Sunder named as replacements

England: Ben Stokes (c), Rehan Ahmed, James Anderson, Gus Atkinson, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Shoaib Bashir, Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ben Foakes, Tom Hartley, Jack Leach, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Joe Root, Mark Wood and Dan Lawrence
*Harry Brook has omitted himself from the series, Dan Lawrence named as a replacement
*Shoaib Bashir to miss 1st Test due to being of Pakistani origin

Stream: Fox and Kayo

1st Tour Match: Jan 12, Fri - Jan 13, Sat in Ahmedabad
1st unofficial Test: Jan 17, Wed - Jan 20, Sat in Ahmedabad
2nd unofficial Test: Jan 24, Wed - Jan 27, Sat in Ahmedabad
3rd unofficial Test: Feb 01, Thu - Feb 04, Sun in Ahmedabad

India A: Abhimanyu Easwaran (c), Sai Sudharsan, Rajat Patidar, Sarfaraz Khan, Pradosh Ranjan Paul, KS Bharat (wk) Manav Suthar, Pulkit Narang, Navdeep Saini, Tushar Deshpande, Vidwath Kaverappa, Dhruv Jurel (wk), Akash Deep and Rinku Singh
*Rajat Patidar named as a replacement for Virat Kohli in the Indian squad, and Rinku Singh named a replacement in the India A squad

England Lions: Josh Bohannon (c), Kasey Aldridge, Brydon Carse, Jack Carson, James Coles, Matt Fisher, Keaton Jennings, Tom Lawes, Alex Lees, Dan Mousley, Callum Parkinson, Matthew Potts, Ollie Price, James Rew (wk) and Ollie Robinson (wk)

Stream: N/A

Last edited:

Meh, it's India that's what they do. Everyone wants to be a squad member, curators, commentators, visa officials etc.
Doesn't make it right though.

Just imagine the uproar if it happened to an Indian player in the same circumstances.

The BCCI knows that no-one will stand up to them. They're laughing in everyone's face.

Just imagine the uproar if it happened to an Indian player in the same circumstances.

The BCCI knows that no-one will stand up to them. They're laughing in everyone's face.

Yes but it is what it is. Everyone (probably including the Indian players) would like to see a fair contest in India but that isn't what happens.

Would be a racist tirade by BCCI. Would claim that it’s targeting Indians.

Amazing how ICC let BCCI influence the game. Actually support England over India these days.

Pretty fascinating series this, how will Bazball go in tough conditions in India? Think it'll be boom or bust, more likely the latter.

Hardest task in world cricket beating India in India, hope it'll be a close contest for the neutrals though.

Pretty fascinating series this, how will Bazball go in tough conditions in India? Think it'll be boom or bust, more likely the latter.

Hardest task in world cricket beating India in India, hope it'll be a close contest for the neutrals though.
If India are smart & don't over cook any of the pitches I suspect they'll win 5-0...England might win a test if there does happen to be a raging turner during the series.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I want Ashwin to mankad an English batsman and for Rehan Ahmed to have a good series. India should win this series 4 or 5 nil even without king Virat for the first 2 tests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a crazy selection by England.

Utterly crazy.

Jack Leach is a GOOD spinner. He will do a good job. Joe Root is a reliable part time back up. They don’t need TWO more.

Mark Wood is a fine bowler and gives his all every time he pulls on the shirt but his body is unreliable and he can’t bowl huge overs.

This is madness when they have a bowler like Anderson who can bowl 20 overs in a day and keep things tight.

I applaud England’s willingness to take risks, I love it. But this is stupidity for the sake of stupidity.

I don’t think it’s crazy. Australia played three frontline spinners last year and it was undoubtedly the right decision.

It wasn’t the bowling attack I expected to be fair. Think Root is more than capable enough to play as the third spinner and then they could have played one of Anderson and Robinson. But I don’t blame them for making this call.

Would’ve been very intrigued what they would have done if Brook didn’t miss through personal reasons. Surely they couldn’t have gone in with Big Johnny with the gloves. Would’ve been fascinating! Obviously without Brook, the obvious decision of Foakes keeping and Bairstow not keeping was made.

Jimmy is the perfect bowler if you do go one man pace attack in asia though he does the role spinners often need to do over in places like australia he bowls long containing spells that control run rate and force risks to be taken off spinners.

Utterly crazy.

Jack Leach is a GOOD spinner. He will do a good job. Joe Root is a reliable part time back up. They don’t need TWO more.

Mark Wood is a fine bowler and gives his all every time he pulls on the shirt but his body is unreliable and he can’t bowl huge overs.

This is madness when they have a bowler like Anderson who can bowl 20 overs in a day and keep things tight.

I applaud England’s willingness to take risks, I love it. But this is stupidity for the sake of stupidity.
Is Stokes bowling without restriction now?

Mark Wood surely the worst option for that pace role? unless they see him bowling in bursts and then relying on spin the majority of the time. Lot said about India's spinners, but their pace bowlers are very underrated in those conditions with Siraj and Bumrah etc.

But who knows, these pitches could be an absolute lottery.

Utterly crazy.

Disagree, it looks like a rank turner, fast bowling will play zero part in the result of this game.

Disagree, it looks like a rank turner, fast bowling will play zero part in the result of this game.
Indian batsmen will dominate any spinner who isn’t up to it or doesn’t exploit the conditions effectively.

backing in both Ahmed and Hartley is a gamble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back