Indigenous strip merge into current strip

Remove this Banner Ad

7nf662.jpg

Port Adelaide Power Pirates or Port Adelaide Pirate Power….you did say merge……

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Big no.

But i do think its time for a bit of a guernsey shake up, even if its just our away and clash

Attachments

• 1664878687045.png
    1664878687045.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • 312933296_648575323521903_9222069201082978932_n.jpg
    312933296_648575323521903_9222069201082978932_n.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 1665652187236.png
    1665652187236.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 23

It's wildly against footy tradition, but in the spirit of this Davy Jones Locker era thread I wouldn't mind if we changed our home strip slightly every year like soccer clubs do, with the point being that we already have a home guernsey in the Prison Bars, and none of the other guernseys we've worn really matter that much.

We used to cop s**t about having worn so many different guernseys in our AFL journey, but we should have just leaned into that. We should announce the PBs as our home guernsey each year and then announce an alternate guernsey to be worn at home because the AFL won't allow us to wear our chosen home guernsey.

It’s a blessing and a curse, we’ve had some very s**t guernseys along the power journey, but we also have some very solid designs and nostalgia to play with.
The AFL in general is too wedded to it’s designs and colours imho.
I’d happily have a set of chevrons, the winged versions above & the prison bars. Roll them out throughout the year based on matchups, themes etc.

It's wildly against footy tradition, but in the spirit of this Davy Jones Locker era thread I wouldn't mind if we changed our home strip slightly every year like soccer clubs do, with the point being that we already have a home guernsey in the Prison Bars, and none of the other guernseys we've worn really matter that much.

We used to cop s**t about having worn so many different guernseys in our AFL journey, but we should have just leaned into that. We should announce the PBs as our home guernsey each year and then announce an alternate guernsey to be worn at home because the AFL won't allow us to wear our chosen home guernsey.
Yeah I tend to agree with this.

Every time someone asks us about creating tradition in the jumper we answe with "we don't need to manufacture tradition in our current jumper, we have a traditional jumper with a tradition as strong as anyone's. We just aren't allowed to wear it as often as we should".

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back