Injury Injuries 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamstring injuries are common I think after you do an ACL (hence Bob and Prudden having plenty of the year out with hammy issues), but Wood has a history of soft-tissue injuries over the course of his career and JJ has played every game. Stringer is the only "real" unexpected one, which I don't think is above and beyond what's normal for a typcial team.
Certainly seems that some people are more susceptible to them. Wood's soft-tissue problems include the quads.

And it's not just the fast-twitch muscle types that have them. I think Kritter was peculiarly susceptible to hamstring tears and he was no racehorse (that's a different sort of critter).

If anyone can be ****ed I'd love to see a comparison of injury lists over the last two years of teams that play at Etihad and teams that don't. That ground cant be good for a player.

If anyone can be ****** I'd love to see a comparison of injury lists over the last two years of teams that play at Etihad and teams that don't. That ground cant be good for a player.
Well the saints have had a dream run with injuries the last 2 years.....so there's that

It was stated in the club's injury report of July 10 that Tom Campbell had an abdominal strain resulting from the July 1 game against West Coast. This means that the injury, which was expected to keep him sidelined for another 1-2 weeks (from July 10), has now extended to 7 weeks (incl the bye) and counting.
Tom has had a history of brittleness but the recovery for this injury seems to be frustratingly long. I say this because he is a better ruckman than Roughead and would have been more than useful in these final weeks of the season.

I saw on one of those footy show clips that JJ is now listed as hamstring when originally it was a back problem. Hmmmm.
I know the two can be related but if we know it's a hammy then he could be out for another week or two.

And that medical team restructure did what exactly?

Injuries at Arsenal are still as bad as ever.

Darren burgess from port Adelaide only came a few weeks ago, let’s see what happens: D
It’s no surprise that ports injury list is in the best shape out of all teams. He is one of the best in the world.
And also he was at Liverpool for about 2 years I think, 2011, 12 and their injury list was very low, compared to when he left injuries went up.

Maybe it’s a coincidence, or maybe there is something to it.
I know sometimes it’s just down to rotten luck

But if this continues next year, it has to be addressed

Darren burgess from port Adelaide only came a few weeks ago, let’s see what happens: D
It’s no surprise that ports injury list is in the best shape out of all teams. He is one of the best in the world.
And also he was at Liverpool for about 2 years I think, 2011, 12 and their injury list was very low, compared to when he left injuries went up.

Oh, you mean specifically this 3rd one? Right.

They went through one 5 years ago, and then another 2-3 years ago.

Nothing will change.

When did this happen, first I've heard of it?

Dale Morris is seriously beginning to blur the line between man and machine.

Defensive duo set to return

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-08-14/defensive-due-set-to-return

The Western Bulldogs could welcome back defenders Jason Johannisen and Dale Morris this weekend if the pair pass fitness tests according to head physiotherapist Chris Bell.

Johannisen has missed the past two weeks with a hamstring complaint but looks set to return against Port Adelaide in Ballarat on Saturday.

“Jason Johannisen didn’t quite pass our final fitness test going into the main training session last week," Bell told westernbulldogs.com.au

“He completed a good footy session on the weekend and got through that really well so we’ll look at him this week. If he completes our main training session as we’ve got planned he’ll be available this weekend.”

Defender Dale Morris continues to mark rapid progress recovering from the broken arm he suffered against the Suns in Round 18, with Bell optimistic he’ll be available for selection this weekend.

“He’s back into full training this week which is fantastic,” he said.

“We’ve just got to tick some final boxes with Dale but we’re all optimistic he’s going to be available to play this weekend."

The Bulldogs defensive stocks could also be boosted by Marcus Adams in coming weeks as the West Australian recovers from a foot injury.

“In some great news Marcus Adams is back into some football training,” Bell said.

“We’re working through a process now to rebuild his match fitness. At this stage we’re hoping he’s going to present to be available in the next two to three weeks.”

In further good news from the Club ruckman Tom Campbell is expected to return this weekend after recovering from an abdominal tear.

“At this stage if he full trains this week as we planned and he pulls up really well he’ll be available this weekend.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boyd, Adams etc. are going to be relying on the AFL boys making finals as they won't qualify for the VFL finals (unless the AFL team is playing).

JJ and Moz back, a couple of weeks into the underdone players. Adams and possibly Boyd and maybe even Wood back for finals. We're gonna win the flag

it was annouced like 6-7 weeks ago, but he only started work like 3 weeks ago
Bloody hell i thought you meant Burgess was now at the bulldogs and went looking for the news release.
just realized you meant he went to Arsenal.:oops::$

I think the only reason we ever have to wait for Dale Morris to return from injury is because we have to ship him off to some secret underground German lab where they replace his parts and make sure his speech functions are working properly so people don't start to get suspicious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back