Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Do.you think gold coast would want a broken soldier ?

I don’t, but he’s been broken for 2 years now and there’s still speculation they are into him so I guess there’s a reasonable chance.
Not sure of the appeal to anyone unless he’s part of a package that’s gets his brother but I’m also not a list manager.

In lots of ways I reckon the club has been a bit irresponsible with players and their injuries, signing up players with a bad history of injuries, playing players too soon after bad injuries, perhaps training them too hard in the recovery period and no one appears to be accountable.
Of course I could be wrong!

In lots of ways I reckon the club has been a bit irresponsible with players and their injuries, signing up players with a bad history of injuries, playing players too soon after bad injuries, perhaps training them too hard in the recovery period and no one appears to be accountable.
There certainly needs to be a very thorough review on our s&c department.

Or maybe his body is just fu(ked

Then give him some time off. Just feels like we are constantly rushing him back only for him to play poorly and/or re-injure himself. Had a look and he's managed 20+ disposals 3 times in the last two years (from like 15 odd games played). Got to ask what's the point there.

Although you might be right there in that regardless of what we do he's just become another Bennell.

So often he comes back and pulls up overly sore. This isn't a one off, this has happened multiple times over the last few years now.

Surely restricted game time at Peel before playing full AFL minutes would have been the wiser choice for SHilly.

I don't mind bringing quality seasoned players back in, even if they have to build. But SHill is in that special category now, he 100% must build through the WAFL. I don't care how good you are or what sort of servant to the club you've been, you come in half baked then have to sit out for weeks again ... you become a liability to the team and to yourself.

If his body's good enough, it will show at WAFL level in a week or so and everybody's happy, if not, then at least you've not hurt the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our injury concerns have put Ross under the microscope, if he doesn't get it now he never will.
Internal reviews at Freo, nothing to see here.
What's worse is that the talk on our wingers moving on, SHill? You would think we would be looking at,
Experimenting with players who could be moved there.

Fingers crossed he takes the money so we can get a decent compo pick.

If I see SHill in any other colours rather than Freo I will have a Terry Wallace styled spew. He is ours, his brother is ours and if anyone disputes that I will start a jihad with you. S&C - sort your dept out. Wizard - get to the hall of mirrors and have a long hard look.

What's worse is that the talk on our wingers moving on, SHill? You would think we would be looking at,
Experimenting with players who could be moved there.
Am I reading this right; because there is un-substantiated speculation about a player who is currently on a two year contract, and another player who at the end of his last contract waited until the end of season to re-sign, we should play other players in their positions?

I would call that innovative thinking.

Am I reading this right; because there is un-substantiated speculation about a player who is currently on a two year contract, and another player who at the end of his last contract waited until the end of season to re-sign, we should play other players in their positions?

I would call that innovative thinking.
I find it hard to plan for the future with 1 year deals with Langdon, McCarthy. Required players, players buying in,
doesn't resonate.
Langdon's form has dropped, for whatever reason but maybe trying him in that high forward role and manufacture
another winger at least gives us a chance to evaluate others or options?

Hopefully Hogan is put on ice now ? As the season is gone no point even risking him on the track as he's pulled up sore from just a training session.

When Hogan was recruited he was clearly not a 22 game a year player anyway - at least not first up. Coming in with a navicular injury and a history of back, cancer, and welfare issues we would have to say that we are already in fairly good territory for 2019 output from the guy. The question is whether the club can massage a bit more out of him in the future.

We definitely have a problem in injury/rehap area. Every year we have had injuries at beginning of season or major problems at this time in a season.

We have soft tissue injuries that just never heal.....or players injure themselves as soon as they come back.

This year has been hamstring and foot injury craziness.

This is more of an issue than coaching

I find it hard to plan for the future with 1 year deals with Langdon, McCarthy. Required players, players buying in,
doesn't resonate.
Langdon's form has dropped, for whatever reason but maybe trying him in that high forward role and manufacture
another winger at least gives us a chance to evaluate others or options?
Giving McCarthy a one year deal is perfect. He needs to establish himself as a best 22 player, but for that to happen I think he needs Hogan and Lobb or Taberner uninjured and in the team.

I like Langdon, but I don't love him (due to his kicking). If he leaves I won't be an emotional wreck, but I predict there will be a raft of posters on here quoting Hagdorn and some red-head ad-nauseum. Some would already be prepping for that.

In terms of wingers, the club is clearly trying to get Bewley into the best 22 but that hasn't clicked yet, and it has also been suggested that Sturt and possibly Carter get opportunities there. I am pretty happy with those options developing.

As you suggest, some time in the forward line for Langdon would be good, and ideally the wings rotate through there. Langdon's key advantage is his run, so you don't want him permanently forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back