News Injuries/Suspensions 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant see Collingwoo risking Swan against GC but you would think he would play R11 vs Magner so he can lose a bit of coin and be traded in after his bye round which would be ideal.

Wish Waters didnt play

Swan expected to miss the next 2 vs Adelaide and GC but be right for the Melbourne game on the monday. He probably would have been rested vs GC anyway.

No official word backing this comment up but with the bye round immediately after the Melbourne game and given Collingwoods VFL side would probably beat Melbourne anyway I wouldn't be surprised if a cautious approach was taken and we don't see Swan til after the bye.

No official word backing this comment up but with the bye round immediately after the Melbourne game and given Collingwoods VFL side would probably beat Melbourne anyway I wouldn't be surprised if a cautious approach was taken and we don't see Swan til after the bye.

That means he will miss 36 days between his game vs Geel and his R13 game. No way the club would let this happen, if this was the case we will know because he wil be having another arizona trip.

The game between his injury and melbourne is 23 days which is plenty of time for a relatively bad hamstring tear let along a moderate one. Id say he would have played in R10 if they wernt playing GC. He still might.

That means he will miss 36 days between his game vs Geel and his R13 game. No way the club would let this happen, if this was the case we will know because he wil be having another arizona trip.

The game between his injury and melbourne is 23 days which is plenty of time for a relatively bad hamstring tear let along a moderate one. Id say he would have played in R10 if they wernt playing GC. He still might.

Swan wont play Gold Coast.

They wont take the risk with a blue chip player IMO.

Walsh says they want him and Reid playing before bye. Official enough for me.

Would be so, so funny if he does get named to play Melb, all Swan owners rejoice and slap the big C on him.. then he gets red-vested at HT or start as sub! :D

Please make it happen, he needs a run, but you dont want to risk him right? Perfect solution is giving him half a game!

Thank you,

Sincerely non-Swan owners. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swan expected to miss the next 2 vs Adelaide and GC but be right for the Melbourne game on the monday. He probably would have been rested vs GC anyway.

I reckon he will be right to play against Melbourne... but Collingwood will send him to Arizona to get him cherry ripe to have a massive second half of the season. ;)

Which means all us coaches will either have to:
- hold him and cop donuts over the bye period; or
- find $590k to get him in at R13.

I thought the longer you had to get over a soft tissue injury the less chance of a recurrence. Given the win is locked in against Melbourne wouldn't the extra break be the safe approach. Especially given his power running style of game

I reckon he will be right to play against Melbourne... but Collingwood will send him to Arizona to get him cherry ripe to have a massive second half of the season. ;)

Which means all us coaches will either have to:
- hold him and cop donuts over the bye period; or
- find $590k to get him in at R13.

I'm not so sure this year. Collingwood will be battling for a top 4 spot with a bunch of other teams. % may play a big part of determining the top 4. They'd want their strongest team on the park no matter who the opposition...

I held Ablett but I am not so sure if I want to hold Swan.

He is going to miss a minimum of 2 games and he may take it easy even if he gets back for round 11.

The jury is still out on this one, Selwood looks mighty tempting at 490k.

I held Ablett but I am not so sure if I want to hold Swan.

He is going to miss a minimum of 2 games and he may take it easy even if he gets back for round 11.

The jury is still out on this one, Selwood looks mighty tempting at 490k.

490k for a guy currently averaging 110 is crazy cheap, especially since he has the potential to average 115+.

Got me thinking now whether I want to trade Greene>Dangerfield (to complete my fwds and re-establish a DP link to my mids) or Greene>Jelwood to bolster my meh midfield. :-/

I thought the longer you had to get over a soft tissue injury the less chance of a recurrence. Given the win is locked in against Melbourne wouldn't the extra break be the safe approach. Especially given his power running style of game

Hmm there comes a time where you have had too long off and you might be at a hgiher risk of re injuring that hamstring. It really depends on te specific severity of that injury. 23 days is a lot for a minor/moderate hamstring which the club has said it is (reading between lines a little).

I think he losses to much touch, game form if he doesnt play till round 13. No doubt they will ease back for R11.

You say its an easy win. But IIRC melbourne drew with collingwood at a similar time of the year when collingwood won the flag in 2010. I also think there was a one point win or loss in 2009? from memory not sure that may have been the draw.

Hmm there comes a time where you have had too long off and you might be at a hgiher risk of re injuring that hamstring. It really depends on te specific severity of that injury. 23 days is a lot for a minor/moderate hamstring which the club has said it is (reading between lines a little).

I think he losses to much touch, game form if he doesnt play till round 13. No doubt they will ease back for R11.

You say its an easy win. But IIRC melbourne drew with collingwood at a similar time of the year when collingwood won the flag in 2010. I also think there was a one point win or loss in 2009? from memory not sure that may have been the draw.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see him back rd 11, need the price drop to trade him in after the bye :D Just worried they'll go the conservative route.

I saw Melbourne live on the weekend, they won't get within 120 points of the Pies. The line will be 100+ and the Pies will be $1-01

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see him back rd 11, need the price drop to trade him in after the bye :D Just worried they'll go the conservative route.

I saw Melbourne live on the weekend, they won't get within 120 points of the Pies. The line will be 100+ and the Pies will be $1-01

I was thinking the same thing in 2010. I think the severity of the injury rather then who they play will determine whether he plays in R11. Maybe im just optimistic in hopeing he plays R11 and loses a bit of coin aswell.

I was thinking the same thing in 2010. I think the severity of the injury rather then who they play will determine whether he plays in R11. Maybe im just optimistic in hopeing he plays R11 and loses a bit of coin aswell.

Looks like you're spot on with the length of break. Rocket suggesting on 360 they'd be keen for him to play before the break if he's right as 5 weeks would be too long.

Good call. :thumbsu:

I'm starting to expect a LTI every week. Cant see my ranking of 2000 improving with this crisis

So Fyfe, Carrazzo, Sandilands (missed 2), Ablett (traded him), Goodes, Hmac, Swan, Muphy :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back