Injury Injury thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't like to admit it but what JK has said doesn't really invalidate what Hagdorn wrote tbh

Says he's missing this week and possibly the week after but should be right for Port Adelaide. That would be another 2 weeks and there's no guarantee he'll be back then so hagdorns claim that it's another week or two and possibly 3 or 4 isn't wrong

Seems laughable now that the club was seriously suggesting he was a chance to play against Geelong

I don't like to admit it but what JK has said doesn't really invalidate what Hagdorn wrote tbh

Says he's missing this week and possibly the week after but should be right for Port Adelaide. That would be another 2 weeks and there's no guarantee he'll be back then so hagdorns claim that it's another week or two and possibly 3 or 4 isn't wrong

Seems laughable now that the club was seriously suggesting he was a chance to play against Geelong
Yeah but Hagdorn's claim was that there has been a setback and JK has torn his achilles.

Which clearly isn't true.

And where did he say that he might not get up for next week v Bulldogs? He said that he probably won't get up for this week but everything is on track and feeling good.

Last edited:

Simmo said JK was keen not that the club entertained the idea - huge difference

The Soleous muscle he had a small tear in is at the top of the Achilles and bottom of the calf , so it is a bad spot for an injury.
Josh shouldn't expect too much too soon, Port game should be his target...

i did my soleus last year - can still feel it today

mind you my rehab involved drinking, flying and scant regard

latest

He is tipped to be sidelined for at least another fortnight, missing the Demons as well as a road trip for a showdown with inconsistent reigning premiers Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium on Saturday-week.

It is understood that as much as a month out of action could be required by the big forward to fully overcome the new strain in his troublesome right calf.

He is an annoying s**t eating muppet and the Achilles tear was alarmist but it's hard to see what's incorrect in the above

As Bender_ posted it was always a challenge to find a path between Hagdorns bullshit and the clubs intransigence when being upfront about injuries

If he returns for the port game he will have missed 4 matches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haggers throwing punches on 6PR this morning. Funny stuff.

Thinnest skinned bloke going around. Loves making outlandish calls but doesn't like being call out when wrong one bit.

So according to Kennedy he's very unlikely this week but a good chance next week. That was always the plan and he hasn't had any set backs. Its interesting to look at the timeline of articles all of which were on the official WCE website.

21.06.17 "In terms of progression, the way the calf has been going, everything is on track,” Kennedy said.“There have been no setbacks or anything like that. It’s been good progressing forward and I’m looking forward to, hopefully, ticking some stuff off next week."

20.06.17 "Eagles general manager of football Craig Vozzo said although the two-time Coleman medallist had increased his output on the training track and in the gym this week, he still had a few boxes to tick before getting the all clear to play Melbourne.b“He’s going to have to do a bit more work later in the week to establish his level of fitness,” Vozzo said. “The coach will make a call a bit later in the week.”

19.06.17 "We've got to see him train and see if he can get through some sessions," Simpson told 6PR. "We'll make a call on that pretty early in the week whether we think he's going to get up or not, but it's by no means guaranteed."

14.06.16 "Eagles general manager of football Craig Vozzo said medical staff erred on the side of caution and elected to give Kennedy another week to overcome his calf injury. “He didn’t quite hit the performance thresholds through his rehab that we were hoping for,” Vozzo said. “As we’ve said before, we’re not going to take any risks. We’re hoping that we can keep the upward progression over the next training block of a week or so and with the nine-day break, we hope that falls our way and JK’s way and he’s ready for the next game.”

13.06.17 "The Eagles spearhead told 6PR today that he was a “60 per cent” chance to line up against the Cats after suffering a calf strain against Greater Western Sydney almost three weeks ago.“I’m feeling pretty confident in it,” Kennedy said.“The physios have been pretty happy with the way it has progressed. If we were playing Saturday I would have been a better chance, but the Thursday game has probably come a bit too quick.”

8.6.17 "Star forward Josh Kennedy and slick defender Sharrod Wellingham are pressing for a rapid return and could be fit to play Geelong next Thursday night at Domain Stadium.Kennedy, who strained a calf in the final quarter of the game against Greater Western Sydney a fortnight ago, is making strong progress, with general manager of football Craig Vozzo confirming there has been daily progress with the injury.“JK is improving rapidly, he’s making great progress every day and has been able to put more and more load through the calf,” an upbeat Vozzo revealed today.“He wouldn’t be available if we were playing this week, but he has not been ruled out for next week. We’ll give it every chance."

30.05.17 "But after undergoing scans on Monday Kennedy was relieved to receive the news of a standard calf injury.“It’s not the Achilles, it’s a bit higher, up towards the calf, so the top of the Achilles tendon with the calf, which is actually a positive thing,” Kennedy told 6PR.
“So it should only be about three weeks which is good but it was a bit nervy there at the start.”Kennedy has been given a three-week recovery period, meaning the champion forward has the Thursday night clash with Geelong in round 13 in his sights."

So option 1 is they are lying and there has been a recent setback, option 2 is they are lying and he was never on track to play against Geelong/Melbourne. For the life of me dunno why clubs need to bullshit about this stuff ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back