Insecure soccer fans posting on an AFL footy forum!

Remove this Banner Ad

Chief Crow

AFC young gun
Dec 11, 2007
City of Churches
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
QUESTION? Are all these soccer only fans coming onto our bigfooty forum reek of desperation?

Right now there so called biggest sporting event in the world is currently on in South Africa but these posters who have new/recent bigfooty accounts are spending more time trying to push there wears onto us.
If it were such a great game/event, one would think they be spending as much time as possible watching it.
Wrong it seems as they are so desperate for acceptance in this country they spend more time spreading there gospel here.

I for one love Aussies winning at everything but after these flogs continually come onto this forum talking there rubbish it has driven to a point where I found myself smiling when Germany kicked the socceroos asses.

What do other FOOTY fans think of this?

What about insecure AFL fans who are staying/waking up in the early hours of the morning just to see Australia lose?

QUESTION? Are all these soccer only fans coming onto our bigfooty forum reek of desperation?

Right now there so called biggest sporting event in the world is currently on in South Africa but these posters who have new/recent bigfooty accounts are spending more time trying to push there wears onto us.
If it were such a great game/event, one would think they be spending as much time as possible watching it.
Wrong it seems as they are so desperate for acceptance in this country they spend more time spreading there gospel here.

I for one love Aussies winning at everything but after these flogs continually come onto this forum talking there rubbish it has driven to a point where I found myself smiling when Germany kicked the socceroos asses.

Top post. Most Australian Rules Football fans are probably impartial to soccer, but the soccer zealots on here are turning people off soccer in droves. This was reflected in the ratings droping almost 50% compared to 2006 WC.

Most of us are in the same boat.

We started off not minding soccer, but over the last six months, having to listen to these tossers every day, and their high priest Fos, has absoutley turned all of us off the game.

You're absolutely right, biggest circus event on Earth, blah, blah, blah, and they're on here?

Why aren't they discussing formations and tactics and whatever on 442 or anywhere else for that matter.

One reason is that the hype this time round is far, far less than four years ago. Back then, the SMH had this massive WC blog running attrracting 100s of posts a day, and over 1000 posts every time Australia played - but now - absolutely nothing - I mean quite literally - nothing!!

So the poor darlings probably feel they have nowhere else to go!!

What about insecure AFL fans who are staying/waking up in the early hours of the morning just to see Australia lose?

AS I've said a few times, the WC was specifically invented to help all Australian insominiacs - five minutes of any WC game, and you're out like a light, guaranteed, money back if not.

And the vuvuzelas are a bargain for the insomniac - it's one pitch throughout, this 90 minute drone, a bit like a soccer game - it's all part of the best cure for insomnia ever invented.

I say thank you FIFA, thank you!!

We started off not minding soccer, but over the last six months, having to listen to these tossers every day, and their high priest Fos, has absoutley turned all of us off the game.

You're absolutely right, biggest circus event on Earth, blah, blah, blah, and they're on here?

Why aren't they discussing formations and tactics and whatever on 442 or anywhere else for that matter.

One reason is that the hype this time round is far, far less than four years ago. Back then, the SMH had this massive WC blog running attrracting 100s of posts a day, and over 1000 posts every time Australia played - but now - absolutely nothing - I mean quite literally - nothing!!

In 2006 alot more people took interest in the World Cup was due to us not being in it for a long time and as Aussies we want to see our sportsmen/women dominate the world. Soccer has/is a sport we have never had success in and Aussies traditionally love underdogs. The same hype was here in Adelaide when Adelaide United were going well in the ACL. Second time United had a crack at it and the novelty for most had worn off.

IMO the drop off in interest is also due to the ease of qualification. In 2006 Australia had to earn its stripes against reasonable Sth American opposition. This current qualification was against soccer minnows in Asia, 4.5 places in the WC, yet there are only 3 above average countries in the Asian confederation. Everyone expects Australia to qualify everytime much like the USA in CONCAF. There is more chance of an asteroid wiping out Earth than of the USA missing out on the WC.
The other reason for the drop off in interest is people are able to see through FIFA's fake glitz and glam and realising for themselves how truly mind-numbing boring and crap the sport really is.

Well if you're so concerned and must know, I'm watching it now.

Also...I hardly think I've been pushing an agenda here.

And what about Aussie Rules people talking bullshit? Oh that's right....it's okay. :rolleyes:

you know that you can just ignore this board

oh wait you only exist because of it, mister i also only joined in dec 2009.

Having to? Is someone forcing you to read this forum?

They're on here when the games aren't on. I don't see the issue.

Having to? Is someone forcing you to read this forum?

They're on here when the games aren't on. I don't see the issue.

Because it's an Aussie Rules Footy forum, not Bigsoccer. They can bitch & whinge on the many soccer forums, not come here & bag our game, we would get banned if we trolled on them, like these idiots are diung here..

Because it's an Aussie Rules Footy forum, not Bigsoccer. They can bitch & whinge on the many soccer forums, not come here & bag our game, we would get banned if we trolled on them, like these idiots are diung here..

yes but it is a sectioned off board called "Hot Topic - Australian Football v. Association Football: the gloves are of".

If bigsoccer threw up a soccer vs AFL thread, I'm sure nobody would judge AFL fans for posting in it.

This sub forum attracts soccer posters. If it bothers you so much (I have no idea why it does, you can stay out of the sub forum very, very easily) then bitch to an admin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what about Aussie Rules people talking bullshit? Oh that's right....it's okay. :rolleyes:

I'm talking about posters who only follow soccer and hate Aussie Rules. I have no problems with posters like yourself who follow both sports.
Reguarding your last point, this is an Aussie Rules forum.

Yeah...I gathered as much...I don't think that should excuse people for talking some utter crap though.

Case in point ... 'blues crusade' made the point earlier that "a vote for soccer is a vote for paedophiles" ... surely you can't excuse that sort of crap because a) he follows the AFL and b) this is an AFL board, even if the gloves are off?

I'm talking about posters who only follow soccer and hate Aussie Rules. I have no problems with posters like yourself who follow both sports.

Who all only joined in June 2010.

This sub-forum was created to keep the soccer idiots from starting threads about the WC on the main board, like they did in 2006.
I wonder if the soccer forums have a sub-forum the same as this one, so we can all go there & bag soccer, I'm guessing not. :rolleyes:

Mojito, I don't think any of us are having a go at you. You sound like a good guy ( for a soccer lover ), and your comments have been fine.

And as for us talking bullshit, well yes that is OK.

I think this whole board is kinda odd and bizarre to tell you the truth. It was created as people were concerned about the impact on AFL should Australia win hosting rights to a World Cup.

Now, it's just a chance for people to just sprout crap and can out the sport they dislike.

I'll admit I'm at fault for canning out a certain poster but I do follow both sports with great interest

I just don't understand why people can't like both :confused:

I think this whole board is kinda odd and bizarre to tell you the truth. It was created as people were concerned about the impact on AFL should Australia win hosting rights to a World Cup.

Now, it's just a chance for people to just sprout crap and can out the sport they dislike.

I'll admit I'm at fault for canning out a certain poster but I do follow both sports with great interest

Many of us like more than one sport.

I'm a big fan of korfball and bocce.

In truth they are as bored with it as the rest of us, but their real agenda is to impress us boguns with their sophisticated cosmopolitan point of view.

Not everybody is the same and you cannot force people to like something just because you think its great.Personally I dont like soccer which I find boring or RL, American football and a number of Olympic sports

I dont mind Rugby,hockey,Gaelic football but would I pay to watch them? probibly no.

This what I was getting at in the OP. This sub forum has become a soccer version of Bay 13. I don't understand why they keep posting on here instead of soccer forums.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back