Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately for Eddie, we have countless hours of footage of him demonstrating the exact opposite of that sentiment.
I don't subscribe to the whole "Eddie hates us" narrative. What Eddie loves is a good story (and the sound of his own voice), so he ends up barracking for the story - i.e. the Carlton game underdog scenario.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Finally some sense about the Cripps free kick on On the Couch.

Healy and Brown both reckon it was the correct decision and the reaction has been way over the top. Healy went further to say its ridiculous to suggest Cripps played for the kick and his approach to the contest was correct by keeping his feet, and surprisingly even Roos and Lyon agreed.
Credit to Chris Scott about the same incident, on AFL360. He did his very best to keep perspective about that while the rest of the panel - led by Robbo of course - were doing their best to rush into hysteria about how the game has lost the plot.
(Sorry for the old reference - I've been out of town and am only just catching up with everything)

On a more general note, I'm really not liking how all the clueless eastern states experts that basically thought 2018 was luck and that we may not even be top 4 material this season are now fighting with each other to deep throat our firm flag favouritism.

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Credit to Chris Scott about the same incident, on AFL360. He did his very best to keep perspective about that while the rest of the panel - led by Robbo of course - were doing their best to rush into hysteria about how the game has lost the plot.
(Sorry for the old reference - I've been out of town and am only just catching up with everything)

On a more general note, I'm really not liking how all the clueless eastern states experts that basically thought 2018 was luck and that we may not even be top 4 material this season are now fighting with each other to deep throat our firm flag favouritism.

They were clueless last year why would this year be any different?

Ignored them when they put down and continue to ignore them (even moreso) now that they pump us up.

Ask the Bombers how much a media pump up matters.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
They were clueless last year why would this year be any different?

Ignored them when they put down and continue to ignore them (even moreso) now that they pump us up.

Ask the Bombers how much a media pump up matters.
This is precisely why I don't like it.
They're notorious for getting it wrong. And being picked to win the flag is not something I want from someone who is known to get it wrong.

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Are you sure?
No, you are right. He's referring to Hamish.

And the Duggan listed is actually this guy:

1554960212300.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Titus O'Reily's tip.

West Coast vs Fremantle (OS) Fox 8:10pm

You have to love Western Australia, a state that devotes a whole front page in their major newspaper to being annoyed Eddie McGuire will be commentating this game.

It’s obviously an appropriate response.

But if we splashed a story on a front cover every time a commentator we don’t like is calling a game, we would never have anything else on the front page.

The last derby saw Andrew Brayshaw’s jaw brutally assault Andrew Gaff’s fist.

Gaff can be expected to be booed by the Dockers’ fans, despite numerous calls for them to not do that.

I even expect Eagles fans will find it hard not to boo him, given it’s their favourite pastime.

Nat Fyfe will miss this after he was knocked out last week, and I bet a lot of his teammates wish they could miss it too.

The Dockers may be 2-1, but they are not even close to where the Eagles are at.

A loss here and it will be their eighth derby loss in a row — quite the achievement.

donpyke92

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Titus O'Reily's tip.

West Coast vs Fremantle (OS) Fox 8:10pm

You have to love Western Australia, a state that devotes a whole front page in their major newspaper to being annoyed Eddie McGuire will be commentating this game.

It’s obviously an appropriate response.

But if we splashed a story on a front cover every time a commentator we don’t like is calling a game, we would never have anything else on the front page.

The last derby saw Andrew Brayshaw’s jaw brutally assault Andrew Gaff’s fist.

Gaff can be expected to be booed by the Dockers’ fans, despite numerous calls for them to not do that.

I even expect Eagles fans will find it hard not to boo him, given it’s their favourite pastime.

Lachie Neale says he thinks a few of Nat's team mates wish he doesn't play, ever again, even when fully fit

The Dockers may be 2-1, but they are not even close to where the Eagles are at.

A loss here and it will be their eighth derby loss in a row — quite the achievement.

Good article on Foxsports on the great man Hutch
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ho...r/news-story/70ec0d32a8d4116d215c2449e77ef503

A week after Greater Western Sydney star Stephen Coniglio tore Essendon to shreds in Round 1 — a performance that saw him firm as Brownlow Medal favourite — he was greeted by Hutchings at the first bounce and followed around Optus Stadium for two hours.

The West Australian rarely gets the opportunity to play in front of family and friends, but he couldn’t get out of his hometown quick enough. That’s what Hutchings does to people.

Hutchings has been shutting down opposition stars for a long time, but the quality of his scalps has gone to another level in the past 12 months, particularly in the past 12 games.

Haaahaaa...yes, remember the days when everyone said Hutch was a vanilla flavoured spud and we would never win a flag with him in the team. Remember?
We all know what happened next.

Our entire midfield was labelled vanilla plodders or not dynamic enough. That was when Priddis was our main man though.

Haaahaaa...yes, remember the days when everyone said Hutch was a vanilla flavoured spud and we would never win a flag with him in the team. Remember?
We all know what happened next.

Hutchings as an offensive midfielder is vanilla. That’s where the criticism came into it.

He’s reinvented himself into a tagger and an integral part of the team, but if he’s not tagging he’s not good enough as a mid to hold his spot IMO

/can of worms

Remove this Banner Ad

Back