Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Nelson getting some credit.

Champion Data reveals the most-improved players of 2020 at every AFL club

Based on Champion Data’s player ranking points, here are the players who have made the biggest leap from season 2019 to season 2020.

WEST COAST
West Coast
Player 2019 2020 Diff
Jackson Nelson 50.8 75.2 24.4
Nic Naitanui 88.8 111.2 22.4
Oscar Allen 65.9 78.9 13.0

Defender Jackson Nelson heads the list of improvers for the Eagles, according to Champion Data. The 24-year-old, who hails from Geelong in the under-18s, has played 10 matches in his fourth season at the Eagles and hit a career-high for disposals (23 – against Fremantle in Round 7) and metres gained (417 – against Collingwood in Round 8) this season. Ruckman Nic Naitanui has also been a big improver after half of his 2019 season was lost due to his recovery from his ACL injury and he’s back in the elite for total clearances (5.5) and hit-outs to advantage (9.2)

Good to see Nelson getting some credit.

Champion Data reveals the most-improved players of 2020 at every AFL club

Based on Champion Data’s player ranking points, here are the players who have made the biggest leap from season 2019 to season 2020.

WEST COAST
West Coast
Player 2019 2020 Diff
Jackson Nelson 50.8 75.2 24.4
Nic Naitanui 88.8 111.2 22.4
Oscar Allen 65.9 78.9 13.0

Defender Jackson Nelson heads the list of improvers for the Eagles, according to Champion Data. The 24-year-old, who hails from Geelong in the under-18s, has played 10 matches in his fourth season at the Eagles and hit a career-high for disposals (23 – against Fremantle in Round 7) and metres gained (417 – against Collingwood in Round 8) this season. Ruckman Nic Naitanui has also been a big improver after half of his 2019 season was lost due to his recovery from his ACL injury and he’s back in the elite for total clearances (5.5) and hit-outs to advantage (9.2)

Good to see Nelson getting some recognition. Although I'm fairly sure it's his 6th season, not his 4th :moustache:

Plenty of us West Coast members and supporters in NSW. I’ve seen 4 other fans here in Maroubra in the last couple of weeks. I’d been a seated member of the Eagles since 1988 until 2002 when I moved to Sydney. I’d be lucky to see one game in Sydney each year and would normally have to travel down to Melbourne to see games. Plus I was the Eagles member of the round a few years back at Subi so I reckon I’m higher than a peon. I’m still a proud member.

I agree that you're higher in status than a peon. You've achieved the rank of philistine. Be proud my boy, as you're well on the way to attaining the title of mere peasant.

Seriously though, you were supposed to either chuckle or scoff, not provide a serious answer to obvious lighthearted shiz posting. The serious response did give me a chuckle though. Big up.

I agree that you're higher in status than a peon. You've achieved the rank of philistine. Be proud my boy, as you're well on the way to attaining the title of mere peasant.

Seriously though, you were supposed to either chuckle or scoff, not provide a serious answer to obvious lighthearted shiz posting. The serious response did give me a chuckle though. Big up.
Thanks mate. Much appreciated

Wont lie i was massive on him being a spud. Glad he has turned it around as its important for our team going forward which last year was an ageing backline. Jetta and Hurn have been epic over the years but we really needed youth to be down there and its been great we have pumped more games into Cole , Nelson & Rotham + given Edwards a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on Woosh, do the right thing.

AFL teams: Essendon could rest Joe Daniher after starring role in return game

Essendon will take a cautious approach with Joe Daniher despite a starring role for the Bombers in his long-awaited return to footy, John Worsfold says, while captain Dyson Heppell is in the mix for his first game since Round 2.
Daniher kicked 3.3 from 14 disposals and 10 marks against Hawthorn on Thursday in his first game since Round 9 last year to give the Bombers a crucial win for their finals chances.

It will be just a five-day break for Daniher ahead of Essendon’s Tuesday night match against West Coast and Worsfold said if playing him would negatively impact his long term footy then the Bombers would be cautious.

“He has pulled up really well which was obviously great for Joe,” he said.

“In terms of his workload moving forward it’s hard to plan that, we have main training today so we will see how is feeling after a big session and it’s one that he needs to get through like every player.

“Coming off short breaks we need to assess how they have pulled up.

“(We are) looking at every player but Joe in particular and Cale Hooker, playing their first games off extended breaks, we will really have to assess how they have pulled up and make a call this afternoon.

“If he fits into the criteria of being available then he will play.

“But if there is any concerns about him backing up off five days, and it is going to have any impact on his long term footy then we won’t play him.

“It is a pretty straight forward equation, we have a lot of measures that we will go through and we won’t take it lightly if we select him or not.”

Come on Woosh, do the right thing.

AFL teams: Essendon could rest Joe Daniher after starring role in return game

Essendon will take a cautious approach with Joe Daniher despite a starring role for the Bombers in his long-awaited return to footy, John Worsfold says, while captain Dyson Heppell is in the mix for his first game since Round 2.
Daniher kicked 3.3 from 14 disposals and 10 marks against Hawthorn on Thursday in his first game since Round 9 last year to give the Bombers a crucial win for their finals chances.

It will be just a five-day break for Daniher ahead of Essendon’s Tuesday night match against West Coast and Worsfold said if playing him would negatively impact his long term footy then the Bombers would be cautious.

“He has pulled up really well which was obviously great for Joe,” he said.

“In terms of his workload moving forward it’s hard to plan that, we have main training today so we will see how is feeling after a big session and it’s one that he needs to get through like every player.

“Coming off short breaks we need to assess how they have pulled up.

“(We are) looking at every player but Joe in particular and Cale Hooker, playing their first games off extended breaks, we will really have to assess how they have pulled up and make a call this afternoon.

“If he fits into the criteria of being available then he will play.

“But if there is any concerns about him backing up off five days, and it is going to have any impact on his long term footy then we won’t play him.

“It is a pretty straight forward equation, we have a lot of measures that we will go through and we won’t take it lightly if we select him or not.”
Not a chance they rest him for our game.

Daniher had absolutely zero impact until Hawthorn shat the bed in the middle and their defenders got hung out to dry. Would probably prefer he played his second game back to back on a short turn around. The smalls in both the Bombers and Dogs games are the ones we need to watch. The talls are shithouse

Daniher had absolutely zero impact until Hawthorn shat the bed in the middle and their defenders got hung out to dry. Would probably prefer he played his second game back to back on a short turn around. The smalls in both the Bombers and Dogs games are the ones we need to watch. The talls are shithouse
Yep its always the second game back after a lay off when the player feels it.

Aaron naughton goes alright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back