Arts & Humanities Interested in writing? me to!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hello fellow writers.

Be it for leisure, poetry, music, travel or writing your novel. I am looking to hit up others to establish a network where we can share our work, get feedback and discuss ideas that can better our writing. If anyone is also interested, im keen to participate in writing activities as well.

A bit about me.

I have been 3 years into the writing of my novel. (85K words), finished my draft and going through the long and arduous re writes and editing process. I've also started work on a second novel even though I'm yet to submit my first one.

Anyway,

All welcome, hope to hear from you.

What's it about? Give us a rundown!

I appreciate the interest. To put it simply its an Action / Adventure book.

A major city is left to decay after mysterious pandemic wipes out the population, there are survivors but the government actively shuts all access and closes the city. Set 20 years later, a group of college students decide to explore the city to get answers and sneak in. They immediately regret it and have to fight for survival.

It is not a zombie book. That I can assure you.

For those fearing a pandemic book, it really isn't. And its not a covid replica type scenario or anti government. Its focus is mainly exploring the conspiracy of the situation, the truth and what the students encounter upon entering the area.

At 85k words I am thinking there will have to be a second part to the story because I'm not even close to reaching a satisfying conclusion.

Last edited:

I appreciate the interest. To put it simply its an Action / Adventure book.

A major city is left to decay after mysterious pandemic wipes out the population, there are survivors but the government actively shuts all access and closes the city. Set 20 years later, a group of college students decide to explore the city to get answers and sneak in. They immediately regret it and have to fight for survival.

It is not a zombie book. That I can assure you.

For those fearing a pandemic book, it really isn't. And its not a covid replica type scenario or anti government. Its focus is mainly exploring the conspiracy of the situation, the truth and what the students encounter upon entering the area.

At 85k words I am thinking there will have to be a second part to the story because I'm not even close to reaching a satisfying conclusion.
This is AI of your summary

Title: “Echoes of the Forsaken City”

The Forsaken City stood as a haunting relic, its once bustling streets now overgrown with twisted vines and choked by silence. Twenty years had passed since the mysterious pandemic swept through, leaving behind a desolate landscape and a city abandoned by hope. The survivors, if any remained, were hidden away, their existence a secret closely guarded by the government.
But secrets have a way of unraveling, especially when curiosity and desperation collide. And so it was that a group of college students, fueled by equal parts curiosity and rebellion, decided to breach the city’s forbidden borders. They called themselves the “Echoes,” a name whispered in hushed tones among the few who dared to remember.

Chapter 1: The Forbidden Expedition
The Echoes gathered at the outskirts of the city, their backpacks heavy with supplies scavenged from the outskirts. Their leader, Maya, traced her fingers along the rusted sign that read “Welcome to Forsaken City.” The irony wasn’t lost on her—the city that once welcomed millions now rejected even the bravest souls.
“Remember,” she said, her voice barely audible above the wind, “we’re here for answers. Whatever happened here, we deserve to know.”
The others nodded, their eyes reflecting equal parts fear and determination. There was Jake, the engineering prodigy who believed in logic even when faced with the illogical. Sarah, the artist who saw beauty in decay and danger. And then there was Liam, the former soldier whose haunted eyes held more secrets than the city itself.

Chapter 2: The Whispering Shadows
As they stepped over the crumbling threshold, the air thickened with memories. The Echoes moved cautiously, their footsteps echoing through empty corridors. The walls bore witness to graffiti—messages of love, defiance, and despair. The pandemic had silenced the voices, but the shadows whispered.
They found remnants of life—a child’s doll, a shattered windowpane, a faded photograph of a family frozen in time. Each discovery fueled their determination. Why had the government sealed the city? What had they hidden?

Chapter 3: The Unseen Enemy
The first night was the worst. The Echoes huddled in a decaying apartment, their flashlights revealing glimpses of the horrors that lurked beyond. Strange sounds echoed—the shuffle of footsteps, the scrape of claws against concrete. Something watched them from the darkness, unseen yet palpable.
Liam sharpened his knife, his jaw clenched. “We’re not alone,” he whispered. “There’s something out there.”
Sarah’s paintbrush trembled as she sketched the twisted skyline. “Maybe the pandemic didn’t take everyone,” she said. “Maybe it changed them.”

Chapter 4: The Fight for Survival
The days blurred into weeks. The Echoes fought hunger, fatigue, and their own doubts. They encountered other survivors—desperate souls who had adapted to this new world. Some were allies; others were threats. The city had become a battleground, and the Echoes were caught in the crossfire.
Maya’s resolve wavered. “We should go back,” she said. “We’ve risked enough.”
But Jake shook his head. “We’re close,” he insisted. “The truth is here.”
And so they pressed on, deeper into the heart of the forsaken city. Answers awaited them—answers that would shatter their illusions, rewrite history, and reveal the darkest secrets of all.

Epilogue: Echoes in the Wind
The Forsaken City would never forget the footsteps of the Echoes. Their names would be etched into its broken walls, a testament to courage and folly. As the wind carried their whispers away, the survivors would wonder: Did they find what they sought? Or did they become echoes themselves, lost in the city’s haunting embrace?
And somewhere, hidden in the shadows, the unseen enemy watched—a silent witness to humanity’s relentless quest for truth.

Note: The Forsaken City is a fictional creation, and any resemblance to real places or events is purely coincidental. 🌆🌿🌙

This is AI of your summary

Title: “Echoes of the Forsaken City”

The Forsaken City stood as a haunting relic, its once bustling streets now overgrown with twisted vines and choked by silence. Twenty years had passed since the mysterious pandemic swept through, leaving behind a desolate landscape and a city abandoned by hope. The survivors, if any remained, were hidden away, their existence a secret closely guarded by the government.
But secrets have a way of unraveling, especially when curiosity and desperation collide. And so it was that a group of college students, fueled by equal parts curiosity and rebellion, decided to breach the city’s forbidden borders. They called themselves the “Echoes,” a name whispered in hushed tones among the few who dared to remember.

Chapter 1: The Forbidden Expedition
The Echoes gathered at the outskirts of the city, their backpacks heavy with supplies scavenged from the outskirts. Their leader, Maya, traced her fingers along the rusted sign that read “Welcome to Forsaken City.” The irony wasn’t lost on her—the city that once welcomed millions now rejected even the bravest souls.
“Remember,” she said, her voice barely audible above the wind, “we’re here for answers. Whatever happened here, we deserve to know.”
The others nodded, their eyes reflecting equal parts fear and determination. There was Jake, the engineering prodigy who believed in logic even when faced with the illogical. Sarah, the artist who saw beauty in decay and danger. And then there was Liam, the former soldier whose haunted eyes held more secrets than the city itself.

Chapter 2: The Whispering Shadows
As they stepped over the crumbling threshold, the air thickened with memories. The Echoes moved cautiously, their footsteps echoing through empty corridors. The walls bore witness to graffiti—messages of love, defiance, and despair. The pandemic had silenced the voices, but the shadows whispered.
They found remnants of life—a child’s doll, a shattered windowpane, a faded photograph of a family frozen in time. Each discovery fueled their determination. Why had the government sealed the city? What had they hidden?

Chapter 3: The Unseen Enemy
The first night was the worst. The Echoes huddled in a decaying apartment, their flashlights revealing glimpses of the horrors that lurked beyond. Strange sounds echoed—the shuffle of footsteps, the scrape of claws against concrete. Something watched them from the darkness, unseen yet palpable.
Liam sharpened his knife, his jaw clenched. “We’re not alone,” he whispered. “There’s something out there.”
Sarah’s paintbrush trembled as she sketched the twisted skyline. “Maybe the pandemic didn’t take everyone,” she said. “Maybe it changed them.”

Chapter 4: The Fight for Survival
The days blurred into weeks. The Echoes fought hunger, fatigue, and their own doubts. They encountered other survivors—desperate souls who had adapted to this new world. Some were allies; others were threats. The city had become a battleground, and the Echoes were caught in the crossfire.
Maya’s resolve wavered. “We should go back,” she said. “We’ve risked enough.”
But Jake shook his head. “We’re close,” he insisted. “The truth is here.”
And so they pressed on, deeper into the heart of the forsaken city. Answers awaited them—answers that would shatter their illusions, rewrite history, and reveal the darkest secrets of all.

Epilogue: Echoes in the Wind
The Forsaken City would never forget the footsteps of the Echoes. Their names would be etched into its broken walls, a testament to courage and folly. As the wind carried their whispers away, the survivors would wonder: Did they find what they sought? Or did they become echoes themselves, lost in the city’s haunting embrace?
And somewhere, hidden in the shadows, the unseen enemy watched—a silent witness to humanity’s relentless quest for truth.

Note: The Forsaken City is a fictional creation, and any resemblance to real places or events is purely coincidental. 🌆🌿🌙

The power of AI, sadly its already better than my book. lol

But the reason its not that good for novels is I think it lacks a human element. It doesn't understand feeling and emotion so it doesn't word it properly.

Do you write?

The power of AI, sadly its already better than my book. lol

But the reason its not that good for novels is I think it lacks a human element. It doesn't understand feeling and emotion so it doesn't word it properly.

Do you write?
I tried but I don't know how to articulate my words in a story that is interesting and one that captivates the audience. I also lack the knowledge of the various components of story writing.

AI is still very limited. I write lots of AI generated stories on SFA. They all mimic the same leading paragraph and building structure with a positive message through any despair.

It's also hit and miss and rarely generates exactly what you're looking for.

I tried but I don't know how to articulate my words in a story that is interesting and one that captivates the audience. I also lack the knowledge of the various components of story writing.

AI is still very limited. I write lots of AI generated stories on SFA. They all mimic the same leading paragraph and building structure with a positive message through any despair.

It's also hit and miss and rarely generates exactly what you're looking for.

I understand that. It took me lots of rewrites just to word some sentences well enough to create a draft. So it takes a lot of work.

AI I think can work with simple stories where detail, emotion and feeling aren't really needed. Like kids stories. AI is lazy and I hope people don't use it. Its a skill remover tool.

I understand that. It took me lots of rewrites just to word some sentences well enough to create a draft. So it takes a lot of work.

AI I think can work with simple stories where detail, emotion and feeling aren't really needed. Like kids stories. AI is lazy and I hope people don't use it. Its a skill remover tool.
It often uses words like Tappestry

Here's most of the stories I generated for fun

“Whispers of Time: Lucas’s Labyrinth”

Day One: Lucas’s morning ritual was a silent symphony of simplicity: two eggs, sunny-side up, glistening like morning dew; two slices of bacon, sizzling whispers of a day beginning; toast, buttered and crisp, and a glass of orange juice, the liquid sunshine of his routine. He boarded the train, a vessel of sameness, where every face was a mirror of the next. Lucas worked for the tech company Zapple packaging the new I5a. But today, during his daily commute a woman stood out like a colorized frame in a black-and-white film. Her hair, a brunette cascade, was a timeless homage to Audrey Hepburn. Her dress, a floral tapestry, swirled around her as if she danced with the ghosts of the '50s. Lucas approached, their eyes met, and smiles were exchanged—a silent conversation in a world of monotones. The song “True” by Spandau Ballet began to play, a nostalgic anthem that seemed to narrate their connection. "Ah ha ha ha ha", Yet, as the line “Why do I find it hard to write the next line” played, the train derailed into darkness, and Lucas awoke to the stark reality of his alarm at 8:31 AM.

Day Two: The café was a haven of aromas, where the scent of roasted coffee beans mingled with the sweet fragrance of pastries. Lucas found the lady there, her presence an elegant disruption to the café’s harmony. They shared a coffee, two cups forming a bridge across time. Their conversation was a dance of words, each sentence a step closer to understanding. But as the song’s haunting question “Why do I find it hard to write the next line” filled the air, the café imploded into a void, and Lucas was once again greeted by the morning’s relentless call.

Day Three: The park was a tapestry of green, a rare deviation from the city’s grayscale. They met amidst the laughter of children and the rustling of leaves. Hand in hand, they danced to the rhythm of “True,” their movements a silent rebellion against the mundane. But as her form turned to ash at the song’s plea, Lucas was left alone, the park fading as he awoke to his unchanging world.

Day Four: By the river, the sunset painted the sky with strokes of fire and gold. They paddled in a small boat, the water reflecting their shared moment of serenity. The music played, a familiar soundtrack to their fleeting happiness. As the boat disintegrated beneath them, Lucas drowned under the weight of his dreams, only to resurface in the reality of his bedroom.

Day Five: The street was a river of people, all flowing in one direction. Lucas and the lady collided in a whirlpool of fate. They spoke of dreams and reality, their words heavy with the burden of repetition. As the music started, Lucas’s shoulders slumped in resignation, and the world around them turned to dust, signaling the start of another day.

Day Six: Amidst the autumn leaves, they found solace, her laughter a melody that challenged the silence. Their embrace was a warm refuge, but as her body melted into the golden leaves, Lucas was left clutching at the fragments of a dream.

Day Seven: The ice rink was a crystal expanse, a place where they could glide away from the world. Their breaths formed clouds of hope in the cold air, but as the ice cracked under the song’s refrain, Lucas plunged into the cold depths of his recurring nightmare.

Day Eight: The building was a hollow shell, echoing with the absence of life. She was there, a beacon in the emptiness. “Stay,” she whispered, but as the pixels of reality began to distort, Lucas was pulled from the dream once more.

Final Scene:

Seeking answers, Lucas consulted his psychiatrist, who revealed the shocking truth: Lucas’s reality was but a dream. Refusing to accept this, Lucas shattered the pill meant to end his torment and fled, the world disintegrating in his wake.

In a desperate search for the lady, Lucas found himself before a bright door. “Who are you?” he demanded. “Lucas, say my name!, say my name” she urged. Lucas, growing frustrated screamed "I don't know", The lady repeated, "Say my name Lucas, PLEASE SAY MY NAME". With the world collapsing and Lucas standing on the last fragments of his reality, Lucas shouted,

“I-S-A-B-E-L”

and the song continued, revealing the truth.

“I want the truth to be said, I know this much is true, I know this much is true.”

Lucas awoke, not to the sound of his alarm, but to Isabel’s tearful eyes. He had been in a coma, his truck submerged in a river, but Isabel never left his side, playing their song in hope.

In a lighthearted fading scene, Lucas recounted his dream to Isabel, who playfully inquired, “What was her name?” with a smirk.

FIN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back