International Football General Talk Thread

What are you most looking forward to from the first international break of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe it's just because I can't understand the guy when he talks haha.
As long as you yell loud enough it's normally enough to get the message across. Think it's a good idea they have a long-term view so Southgate has his skipper for the next 5+ years (if all things work out for him as manager). Don't think there's many other options worth considering

As long as you yell loud enough it's normally enough to get the message across. Think it's a good idea they have a long-term view so Southgate has his skipper for the next 5+ years (if all things work out for him as manager). Don't think there's many other options worth considering
I personally prefer defenders/midfielders as captains but that's just me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally prefer defenders/midfielders as captains but that's just me.
I dont think England have too many that are sure things under 28 at CB or CM. Perhaps Alli but he isn't captain material. Dier needs to focus on getting in the side so wouldn't consider him. Henderson isn't a sure starter either otherwise he'd be a decent choice.

I dont think England have too many that are sure things under 28 at CB or CM. Perhaps Alli but he isn't captain material. Dier needs to focus on getting in the side so wouldn't consider him. Henderson isn't a sure starter either otherwise he'd be a decent choice.
I thought Henderson was a sure starter? Who starts ahead of him?

I thought Henderson was a sure starter? Who starts ahead of him?
Probably nobody if he stays fit but he can't seem to do it regularly enough to be considered a nailed on England starter. Guys like Barkley, Alli, Wilshere, Dier etc. are all going to push him for a spot or take it whilst he is out injured.

Back