International Football General Talk Thread

What are you most looking forward to from the first international break of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Perisic, Pjacca and Vlasic are all quality wingers so supply from that area wouldn't be a problem.

Halilovic did well at Gijon, stuffed up going to Hamburg and is at Las Palmas right now on loan not doing an awful lot. He still has time to be the player he can be but you're right he's fallen off the face of the earth in a short space of time considering the hype he had behind him.
Perisic is in that Georgios Samaras, Nacer Chadli, Marko Arnautovic type of mould. Nothing more than a failed striker. Imo having 3 one dimensional 6 foot 2/3 guys in attacking positions is a potential hinderence.

By that logic, mean they wouldn't get Spain then? They would get an easy group.

We only need Top 2 after all. Russian corruption is a good thing for those want to progress (lol).

Even then, which of the other Pot 1s would you possibly want?
Personally I don’t rate Portugal as high as many do, reckon we could nick a point off them

They're hard workers but rely heavily on supply

Who plays wing/attacking midfield for them these days? That's where I kind of feel someone in there could make a difference as Modric and Rakitic play deeper normally as 8s. That Halilovic kid was supposed to be the next biggest thing, hardly heard a word about him lately.
The biggest problem for them is that they can't really fit their 3 most talented players in the same team. I imagine it would actually be quite frustrating.

Our best chance of getting through is if we get one of the African sides in pot 3 who may struggle with the racist russian crowds. Perhaps Peru or England from pot 2 we could upset. Then pot 1 probably no side their we'd finish above

Our best chance of getting through is if we get one of the African sides in pot 3 who may struggle with the racist russian crowds. Perhaps Peru or England from pot 2 we could upset. Then pot 1 probably no side their we'd finish above

Holy s**t that's right, what's gonna happen with all the crazy Russian ultras? This seems like a World Cup to skip travelling for

Holy s**t that's right, what's gonna happen with all the crazy Russian ultras? This seems like a World Cup to skip travelling for
Shits going to go down unfortunately I think. Just saw that Poland are pot 1 too. Are they that good? FIFA rankings have always seemed to do odd things. Peru being top 15 for one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shits going to go down unfortunately I think. Just saw that Poland are pot 1 too. Are they that good? FIFA rankings have always seemed to do odd things. Peru being top 15 for one!

Of course they are, their second best player plays for Hull.

Went to buy some Australian series tickets (ie. buy tickets to all our group matches) and they appear to have sold like hotcakes. Had a look at some other countries and many had a fair bit of availability.

Will have to have a go at the random allocation phase after the draw is decided.

Was at the game last night (my first Socceroos live experience) and it was a fantastic atmosphere. The crowd were really riled up with all the time wasting in the first half, to the point they booed the Honduras player stretchered off (very different from an AFL crowd) and when Mile's first hit the back of the net the stadium absolutely erupted! Beer showers for everyone!

Honduras were a rabble all night and I thought the formation worked superbly against them. Not sure how obvious it was on TV, but it forced (or maybe lulled) them into setting up very narrowly in offence and made it easy pickings for the Australian defenders. Even after the first goal when they finally started to attack, they continued to refuse to spread wide enough to stretch us.

Went to buy some Australian series tickets (ie. buy tickets to all our group matches) and they appear to have sold like hotcakes. Had a look at some other countries and many had a fair bit of availability.

Will have to have a go at the random allocation phase after the draw is decided.
ARe they sold out? Cause I'm going to cry.. I couldnt get in line til 9 as I was on my way to work here in the UK. I already put a down payment on the tour! Probably a bunch of scalping campaigners.

ARe they sold out? Cause I'm going to cry.. I couldnt get in line til 9 as I was on my way to work here in the UK. I already put a down payment on the tour! Probably a bunch of scalping campaigners.
stay in line but I couldn't see any to buy for our ticket series.

There is the next phase where you can go in the ballot and pick specific games.
At that point there are also 'supporter approved' tickets available (think 8% of the aus ticket allocation) but it says something about being related to your home football organisation...i think that means you just need to be apart of the FFA football family (free to join)

stay in line but I couldn't see any to buy for our ticket series.

There is the next phase where you can go in the ballot and pick specific games.
At that point there are also 'supporter approved' tickets available (think 8% of the aus ticket allocation) but it says something about being related to your home football organisation...i think that means you just need to be apart of the FFA football family (free to join)
Having outlayed cash already.. I dont want to go into a random draw to be honest. I'll probably buy a random game as well and hope for the best.

Back