Interview with Brayden Sier

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to Tiger Muay Thai a few years back and felt the fittest i had ever felt after 4 weeks there... combo of training and humidity was great (literally transformed my dad bod to a less than dad bod... but now well and truly back to the dad bod) Good on him for doing something extra, hoping he gets a good run at it this year.

If competition in midfield is such that he can't get a gig, I'd like to trial him as our defensive/pressure forward.

He is much stronger and faster than the blokes we have been playing in the role and he has the added bonus of (almost) key position height, which means teams would have to plan for him. He could be a revelation in such a role and at the very least his tackles would stick. We could then transition him into midfield over time as he develops.

Awesome work. I knew he had back issues over the previous preseason but it's easy to forget when a lesser known player misses a preseason. It's always well known when Treloar hardly had one like the lead up to 2016 for example.

Really hope he makes it.

This exactly, I mean look at goldsack missed all of 2016 preseason and played catch all year to the point people thought he could be delisted. 2017 he did the entire preseason and he ended up having probably close to his best year for the club.

This exactly, I mean look at goldsack missed all of 2016 preseason and played catch all year to the point people thought he could be delisted. 2017 he did the entire preseason and he ended up having probably close to his best year for the club.
IMO definitely his best for the club. I thought Goldy was great this year.

That's a good point about Brayden. Setting him back 10 months (his words), not even taking into account the other injuries, is hugely significant for a player who's only been around for two seasons. Looking forward to seeing what he can produce - I'm bullish about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from wanting to talk to him and try to find out a bit about him, there was also the great interest in him from fans. I mean, with an ounce of luck, we all feel this boy has the tools to be a real player. And he's just turned 20. Two years in the system now so let's keep our fingers crossed. He did seem a little more comfortable out there today as well. Normally he's quiet on field and doesn't get much fan attention leaving the ground.

I did want to have a word with Kayle Kirby as well, but he's very good at sticking to the Yarra side as he leaves the ground.

IMO definitely his best for the club. I thought Goldy was great this year.

That's a good point about Brayden. Setting him back 10 months (his words), not even taking into account the other injuries, is hugely significant for a player who's only been around for two seasons. Looking forward to seeing what he can produce - I'm bullish about him.
The value of a full and big pre season is super vital.
Unlocks so much.

Good post

The legend of sier is growing by the day
If it’s anything like the Legend of Zelda I fear the name in the title will be forever useless, constantly saved by a silent protagonist. Who never talks at the club? Broomy? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back