Podcast Interview with Rohan Connolly

Hi all,

I had a great, lengthy chat with Rohan Connolly (works for SEN, Marngrook footy show and footyology) last night to discuss a heap of different footy issues.

I know this podcast isn't specifically richmond related (although we did get spoken about) but i also know there are a lot of people on this board who just love the game of footy in general and a few of you might find this podcast really interesting.

He was really detailed with his answers, and while the podcast does go for a lot longer than usual, i felt totally engaged the whole time. he loves his footy and is very passionate about it, easy to relate to.

Topics we covered:
-The MRO system
-Players touching umpires
-The state of the game (congestion)
-Goal review system
-The expansion clubs and if they should have used Tasmania first
-Was Richmond's 2017 flag a case of right plan, right, place right time, or something more?
-Do West Coast have the right set up this year to go all the way?
-Bolters and Sliders so far?
-AFLW and it's progression
-Essendon drug saga
-Grand Final time slot
-The advantage MCG tenant clubs have over interstate clubs
-Marvel Stadium
-The media in general

Listen on the link below:

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/14915589

if anyone happens to see my tweet or Rohans retweet of the link i posted for the episode, would love it if a few could retweet it as well.

try to spread the podcast as far and wide as possible!

thanks in advance.

Yesssss this will be perfect for the drive home. Michaels you're a champ! Thank you for your efforts.

No worries at all!

hope you enjoy it!

fingers crossed you get stuck in lots of traffic, you have 94 minutes to kill. :D:p

But despite it being a longer episode than normal it really is all interesting stuff.

Hi all,

I had a great, lengthy chat with Rohan Connolly (works for SEN, Marngrook footy show and footyology) last night to discuss a heap of different footy issues.

I know this podcast isn't specifically richmond related (although we did get spoken about) but i also know there are a lot of people on this board who just love the game of footy in general and a few of you might find this podcast really interesting.

He was really detailed with his answers, and while the podcast does go for a lot longer than usual, i felt totally engaged the whole time. he loves his footy and is very passionate about it, easy to relate to.

Topics we covered:
-The MRO system
-Players touching umpires
-The state of the game (congestion)
-Goal review system
-The expansion clubs and if they should have used Tasmania first
-Was Richmond's 2017 flag a case of right plan, right, place right time, or something more?
-Do West Coast have the right set up this year to go all the way?
-Bolters and Sliders so far?
-AFLW and it's progression
-Essendon drug saga
-Grand Final time slot
-The advantage MCG tenant clubs have over interstate clubs
-Marvel Stadium
-The media in general

Listen on the link below:

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/14915589

Good work once again mate

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
Well done.

I've always liked Rohan. One of the few media people I have time for. Don't always agree with every opinion he has but what I like about him is he isn't afraid to challenge the AFL or be critical of them on a lot of subjects that other media mavens wouldn't dare touch for fear of falling on the outside of the AFL.

Has reasonable music taste as well e.g. Rage Against the Machine.

An enjoyable and informative podcast Michaels
Well done. Liking your relaxed, well-informed style.
Could teach a few of the so-called professionals a thing or two.

Thanks!

Hopefully one of them will give me a gig at some point :D:p

Helen Wheels

Hustler
10k Posts Richmond Tigers - 2018 Player Sponsor
Jun 5, 2015
Demimonde
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Thanks!

Hopefully one of them will give me a gig at some point :D:p
That could be nice but farkem ... you could get yourself set up in a professionally-produced podcast first. Get advertisers. You're building up your contacts list. Think about it.
Then see what happens when the media offers come in. Get Ralph Carr to manage you.:)

That could be nice but farkem ... you could get yourself set up in a professionally-produced podcast first. Get advertisers. You're building up your contacts list. Think about it.
Then see what happens when the media offers come in. Get Ralph Carr to manage you.:)

unfortunately i wouldnt know where to start to try and set up a professionally produced podcast.

I had a look at that Podcast One website a little while ago, you basically have to pitch your idea to them and they pick and chose what they take on board. unfortunately for me there is already a lot of AFL based podcasts and Howie already does interviews with past players so I'm just not sure what the angle or opening would be to get into given a lot of people already have similiar podccasts already :(

Helen Wheels

Hustler
10k Posts Richmond Tigers - 2018 Player Sponsor
Jun 5, 2015
Demimonde
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
unfortunately i wouldnt know where to start to try and set up a professionally produced podcast.

I had a look at that Podcast One website a little while ago, you basically have to pitch your idea to them and they pick and chose what they take on board. unfortunately for me there is already a lot of AFL based podcasts and Howie already does interviews with past players so I'm just not sure what the angle or opening would be to get into given a lot of people already have similiar podccasts already :(
Oh, well, just take the $100k you'll get offered by the media and leave it at that.

Great job Michaels .... like his late brother Steve, Rohan is a ripping bloke.
Always value his opinions, will look forward with much interest, especially his thoughts on the media (as most media people have thoughts on the current landscape that would surprise most people).

Yeah he is a great bloke.

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on it all!

Back