Mobile (iOS/Android) Pokemon Go. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a suss of your profile, see your in oak league 6 (im in 7). How are you finding go battle?

So far so good, currently 15/20 so far which is better than I thought I would be at this stage. Most of those later losses have been against meta teams with the only really unsupsected loss being a team that had Machamp, Meganium and I can't quite think of the last one off the top of my head.

its fun.

Way reliant on using your charge moves right time

Ive lost 2 battles so far, my puppy did a pee on the kitchen floor and another one i ttripped on the carpet. anything else I'm romping it

First team

Umbreon Feint Attack/Dark Pulse
/Breloom Counter and Sludge Bomb
/Kingdra with Dragon Breath Blizzard/hydro pump

What even is that?

The Silph Road is a research group for Pokemon Go which works out the game mechanics and ideally is usually the first place for new information about the game. They also have their own subreddit which is here.

In terms of the PVP arena, they have monthly cups that are themed for that particular month and is probably the biggest unofficial PVP arena for Pokemon Go. The current cup at the moment is the Rose Cup which is pink/red/purple/grey Pokemon as of the official colour context for Pokemon.

Still haven't even seen a shiny magikarp let alone caught one. :(

I saw one ages ago somehow.

This new battle system is decent but hate being capped at 1500, means I can't really be very strategic about the Mon I use, have boosted a few close to 1500 and I guess it's fun playing with Mon I wouldn't normally use.. Not sure how some people get charged attacks so quickly though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw one ages ago somehow.

This new battle system is decent but hate being capped at 1500, means I can't really be very strategic about the Mon I use, have boosted a few close to 1500 and I guess it's fun playing with Mon I wouldn't normally use.. Not sure how some people get charged attacks so quickly though?

Heh, the 1500 cap adds so much more strategy to it and makes it very accessible to use a wide range of the top stuff imo. As we move into Ultra League and Master League it'll be a lot harder as a lot of the best stuff to use will be legendary mons which require a ton of candy and mons who need their community day moves.

I'm using:

Medicham (Counter with Power up punch and Ice Punch)
Umbreon (Feint Attack with Last Resort.)
Deoxys Defensive form (Counter with Thunderbolt)

i've got Azumarill & Altaria waiting in the wings

I have 56 shinys total, how do you have 545?!

I quick catch everything (pretty sure there is a youtube vid) especially on community days so I end up with 15-30 shinys each event. also having way too much spare time

And of course, a huge factor in this is finding pokemon with fast charging moves, either through fast moves which generate charge quickly or charge moves with small charge times, and really, a bit of both.

What are the quickest? I find bite with my Mightyena pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back