Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of day is important. When the gym is empty people can be like campaigners and do what they like, but unfortunately no one gives a s**t anymore.

I try to avoid the rush hour because it's crazy. Admittedly some have no choice but to go at this time.

As I said earlier this chick at our gym uses the bench to keep her phone and towels on, there is only about 5 benches, which makes her a self absorbed selfish bitch.
You don't by chance go to a Goodlife in Melbourne do you?

Goodlife mooroolbark
Haha I used to go there, I know a fair few of the ex trainers from there too. And ol mate Jonny

I'm at Goodlife Wantirna now, it's infinitely better. Heaps bigger too

Haha I used to go there, I know a fair few of the ex trainers from there too. And ol mate Jonny

I'm at Goodlife Wantirna now, it's infinitely better. Heaps bigger too
I know a fair few people who used to work there. Apparently they * over the trainers. Who is Jonny?

I rate wantirna. But it's a 30 minute drive

People who use benches as shelves to place their towel, water bottle, keys etc but don't actually use the bench for anything! It's easy to ask someone if they're using something but if they have all their s**t on it you just assume that they are planning on using it so you never ask, and then the campaigner just finishes their other s**t and walks away.

Also I copped a death stare from a young guy in a squat rack on Monday, he was mid set and I pulled a couple of 5's off the rack (not his bar lol) and he just stopped and glared at me. He had those stupid oversized earphones on so I couldn't ask him if he needed them anyway. Almost felt like having a go at him
And the same people that do that whilst they do supersets. I asked a guy if I could use the bench for chest press while he did the upright row, which was on the other side of the gym. Bad mistake.
If all else fails, grab a fitball and do some workouts on that. Helps with stability and gives a different work out anyway.

I know a fair few people who used to work there. Apparently they **** over the trainers. Who is Jonny?

I rate wantirna. But it's a 30 minute drive
Yeah for the trainers that rent space there they start them out on competitive rental rates but ramp them up weekly, and then if you appear to have a lot of clients they charge you even more.

You'd surely know of him, spends hours in the gym chatting and just generally hanging out, short, massive, melatonin induced tan, generally only wears stringers. Maybe he doesn't go there anymore but he was pretty well known when I last went

Yeah for the trainers that rent space there they start them out on competitive rental rates but ramp them up weekly, and then if you appear to have a lot of clients they charge you even more.

You'd surely know of him, spends hours in the gym chatting and just generally hanging out, short, massive, melatonin induced tan, generally only wears stringers. Maybe he doesn't go there anymore but he was pretty well known when I last went
Doesn't sound like anyone I know. Is he a trainer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a pretty funny one yesterday. I will firstly add a disclaimer that I in no way judge fat people who use the gym. Good on them. Here goes...

- Fat dude walks in. One of those beach ball types, huge torso with regular size legs and arms.
- ******* stinks like ciggies, and I'm a fair distance away. Must have just chain-smoked a dozen before walking in.
- Sets up a bench in the power rack and does a warm up set with the bar.
- Walks over to the DB's and does a set of 10kg bicep curls.
- Picks up a set of 14's and takes them over to the bench he's using.
- Puts 60kg on bench.
- Couldn't lift it off.
- Picks up his towel and walks out of the gym, leaving his DB's and stacked bar.

It was all over in the space of a couple of minutes. Sorry mate, but your health isn't going to improve with that attitude and lack of commitment.

this bloke was all set to gym it tonight. got home, changed immediately, had bite to eat, attended to family duties then go time came. he is still at home and is now eating a drumstick ice cream with no intention of working out.
I literally can't do that, I get anxiety if I skip the gym. The only days I've missed in 3 years have been when I had surgery and when I've had injuries, but even with injuries I still go and just avoid stuff that could flare up the injury.

Had a pretty funny one yesterday. I will firstly add a disclaimer that I in no way judge fat people who use the gym. Good on them. Here goes...

- Fat dude walks in. One of those beach ball types, huge torso with regular size legs and arms.
- ******* stinks like ciggies, and I'm a fair distance away. Must have just chain-smoked a dozen before walking in.
- Sets up a bench in the power rack and does a warm up set with the bar.
- Walks over to the DB's and does a set of 10kg bicep curls.
- Picks up a set of 14's and takes them over to the bench he's using.
- Puts 60kg on bench.
- Couldn't lift it off.
- Picks up his towel and walks out of the gym, leaving his DB's and stacked bar.

It was all over in the space of a couple of minutes. Sorry mate, but your health isn't going to improve with that attitude and lack of commitment.
Haha he was so embarrassed and down on himself he wasn't able to lift it off he bailed.

I literally can't do that, I get anxiety if I skip the gym. The only days I've missed in 3 years have been when I had surgery and when I've had injuries, but even with injuries I still go and just avoid stuff that could flare up the injury.

I tend to listen to my body, if it feels like a break I will take a break. With that said, I have been going pretty solid for a few years.

I do believe if you are injured you are always best taking the time to heal. Again also it depends on the injury. A lower limb injury obviously means you can still do a decent upper body workout and vice versa.

The worse kind of injuries is when you do your shoulder or a triceps, kind or ruins the entire upper body workout.

I tend to listen to my body, if it feels like a break I will take a break. With that said, I have been going pretty solid for a few years.

I do believe if you are injured you are always best taking the time to heal. Again also it depends on the injury. A lower limb injury obviously means you can still do a decent upper body workout and vice versa.

The worse kind of injuries is when you do your shoulder or a triceps, kind or ruins the entire upper body workout.
Yep, I've done a bicep tendon which pretty much means you can't do anything at all except leg stuff that doesn't involve holding something. Very annoying injury

Yep, I've done a bicep tendon which pretty much means you can't do anything at all except leg stuff that doesn't involve holding something. Very annoying injury

fk me thats s**t, Im sorry to hear that.

Did it just snap doing "normal lifting" or were you lifting heavier than normal?

Is it dominant arm? I guess you could do some exercises on your other arm? I would.

fk me thats s**t, Im sorry to hear that.

Did it just snap doing "normal lifting" or were you lifting heavier than normal?

Is it dominant arm? I guess you could do some exercises on your other arm? I would.
Ah all good man when I said done I meant in the past lol, it's all good now. It was my left non dominant arm and it was just a strain, I did it doing heavy overhead dumbell press and I lost a tiny bit of balance and that was it, didn't snap just strained but put me out completely for about 3 weeks and then on a modified program for another 6 or so

Ah all good man when I said done I meant in the past lol, it's all good now. It was my left non dominant arm and it was just a strain, I did it doing heavy overhead dumbell press and I lost a tiny bit of balance and that was it, didn't snap just strained but put me out completely for about 3 weeks and then on a modified program for another 6 or so

FFS those 3 weeks would have felt like 3 months.

FFS those 3 weeks would have felt like 3 months.
Yep, I had double hip surgery in Jan this year and that was about 10 weeks of nothing at all. That was much worse, I could see my legs shrinking

Yep, I had double hip surgery in Jan this year and that was about 10 weeks of nothing at all. That was much worse, I could see my legs shrinking

I remember breaking my arm as a kid, when the cast came off it literally looked like a twig.

Hip surgery, fk me. I presume there is almost nothing you can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back