Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember breaking my arm as a kid, when the cast came off it literally looked like a twig.

Hip surgery, fk me. I presume there is almost nothing you can do?
Yeah pretty much can't put any load through the hips so wasn't allowed to do anything basically for the first 10 weeks. Then could do upper body stuff no heavier than 40kg, after 6 months was able to slowly get back into leg stuff and now I'm pretty much 100% again. Legs are still a bit weaker than pre-surgery but getting there

this bloke was all set to gym it tonight. got home, changed immediately, had bite to eat, attended to family duties then go time came. he is still at home and is now eating a drumstick ice cream with no intention of working out.

I literally can't do that, I get anxiety if I skip the gym. The only days I've missed in 3 years have been when I had surgery and when I've had injuries, but even with injuries I still go and just avoid stuff that could flare up the injury.

that person I refered to last night was pretty tired from work. Interestingly he crashed early and slept right through. Must've had a heavy day. Interestingly he told me although he hasn't gymed as much recently, he's slept more quality wise with seems to have aided in muscle growth.

How good is a quiet gym! My girlfriend has started working out in the morning before work so I've decided to join her. Gym in our apartment complex can get quite busy at night, but three times this week we've been there at 6am it's only been me and her and maybe one or two others. Blissful.

How good is a quiet gym! My girlfriend has started working out in the morning before work so I've decided to join her. Gym in our apartment complex can get quite busy at night, but three times this week we've been there at 6am it's only been me and her and maybe one or two others. Blissful.

I just wish other gym users would know my schedule and not use the equipment I intend to use each day.:rolleyes:

FFS life would be easier.:p

:drunk:

I'm always the only person in the gym. #homegymisbestgym

I finally invested in a power cage and olympic barbell set this year too, so I'm set for life now.

i look forward to reading your posts on irritating things you do that annoy you in your gym

i look forward to reading your posts on irritating things you do that annoy you in your gym
"This bloke keeps sweating all over the bench and not wiping it up, it's especially bad because he trains naked and then I have to sit there in his ball sweat. I'm gonna have a go if I see him do it again"

"This bloke keeps sweating all over the bench and not wiping it up, it's especially bad because he trains naked and then I have to sit there in his ball sweat. I'm gonna have a go if I see him do it again"

He always puts his weights back though, so he's not all bad.

It does get ******* cold in my gym in winter, since it's outside under the patio, so that's pretty annoying I guess. Though it does stop the egotistical w@nker who trains there from checking his reflection out between sets when he's covered in layers of clothes.

anyone ever been the ONLY person in the gym? It's eerie.
Yep, I send weird snapchats to all my friends. It's good fun. I'll also piss with the door open, because I'm risky like that.

I always work out at quiet times. I work early, so I'm normally in the gym by 2.30pm. If I start work a bit later, I'll be at the gym just after 5am. I simply cannot go during peak time, which is probably why I don't get irritated very much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do we feel about people doing cardio between sets in between weights area. Eg. Burpees, mountain climbers, tuck jumps etc

Jumper punches.

Stop being a campaigner (not you, those that do this) and respect others if there are people at the gym. If your by yourself, knock yourself out.

Jumper punches.

Stop being a campaigner (not you, those that do this) and respect others if there are people at the gym. If your by yourself, knock yourself out.

hmmm. if they are maintaining minimal space, and say jumping on the same spot then its no diff to say upright rows or standing still.

but yeah i wouldnt do it

People that smoke

Yep some ******* smoked in the gym
IN the gym????????????

I've had that blast of smoke smell as someones walked past but never seen someone smoking IN the gym. I think if that happened at my gym they'd get smacked quicker than it takes to have another puff.

Yep, I send weird snapchats to all my friends. It's good fun. I'll also piss with the door open, because I'm risky like that.

I always work out at quiet times. I work early, so I'm normally in the gym by 2.30pm. If I start work a bit later, I'll be at the gym just after 5am. I simply cannot go during peak time, which is probably why I don't get irritated very much.
Same here, head to the gym just after lunch around 2-4 pm ish. Hardly anyone there and it's nice and relaxed. Though the best time to work out is often 8pm onwards. The peak hour tends to be 5-7.30 and then drops off big time, but nothing worst then coming to an empty gym with weights everywhere, especially around the squat rack. Happened a few times, think has to do with the manager and PTs finishing at 7pm.

Same here, head to the gym just after lunch around 2-4 pm ish. Hardly anyone there and it's nice and relaxed. Though the best time to work out is often 8pm onwards. The peak hour tends to be 5-7.30 and then drops off big time, but nothing worst then coming to an empty gym with weights everywhere, especially around the squat rack. Happened a few times, think has to do with the manager and PTs finishing at 7pm.
The PTs at my gym don't clean up, so it's always like that
Me and the gf came in saturday morning, I grabbed a power rack, she was using another rack across the other side of the weights room. Had to go over and help her out because someone had just stacked plates all over the floor (20kg & 25kg on top of 10kg plates, stacked 6 plates high)

IN the gym????????????

I've had that blast of smoke smell as someones walked past but never seen someone smoking IN the gym. I think if that happened at my gym they'd get smacked quicker than it takes to have another puff.

had a black flashy merc (parked in a no standing area), looked like he was on the juice give his size and simply lit up in the gym after his work out whilst his mate finished off.

probably just wanted a reason to get into a fight

had a black flashy merc (parked in a no standing area), looked like he was on the juice give his size and simply lit up in the gym after his work out whilst his mate finished off.

probably just wanted a reason to get into a fight
Besides the WTF, even on the juice why the hell then go smoke? Is it some sort of karma - improve the body so have to balance by doing something to wreck it? o_O

Having enjoyed having a therapeutic outlet on here, I am coming to a conclusion of why bother with gym etiquette if there is so many many fck wits out there that dont care.

Today I was tempted to do bicep curls in the cage just to be a campaigner as a sign that I just dont give a flying fck anymore. I think all gyms have there issues so going to another one wont really change anything. I didnt but it makes me wonder why bother following a certain unofficial protocol if no one else cares about you or has common decency.

I blame gyms for being gutless for 1) not having rules and or 2) not enforcing them.

Having enjoyed having a therapeutic outlet on here, I am coming to a conclusion of why bother with gym etiquette if there is so many many fck wits out there that dont care.

Today I was tempted to do bicep curls in the cage just to be a campaigner as a sign that I just dont give a flying fck anymore. I think all gyms have there issues so going to another one wont really change anything. I didnt but it makes me wonder why bother following a certain unofficial protocol if no one else cares about you or has common decency.

I blame gyms for being gutless for 1) not having rules and or 2) not enforcing them.
I look after the place just because I'm not a jerk. I'm not becoming like those flogs. Personally I like to keep my standards high.

I look after the place just because I'm not a jerk. I'm not becoming like those flogs. Personally I like to keep my standards high.

Interesting point, I guess by having the attitude Im suggesting it can translate negatively to other areas of your attitude towards health and fitness generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back