Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally anyone who drops the bar when deadlifting but especially “powerlifters”. That’s not a legal movement, enjoy your 3 red lights dickhead.

If you’re strong enough to pick it up, you’re strong enough to put in back down

Apart from the IPF you can basically getting away with dropping the bar as long as you’ve got some skin attached to it.
My down motion deadlifting is just a free fall but I happen to have my hands wrapped around it.
I can also see why weightlifters would drop the bar from deads as their sport has no eccentric component to the deadlift movement (ie the pull in the snatch/clean).

Last week I saw a guy using the squat rack to deadlift about 1inch below being upright. So 1inch "deadlifts" and then he dropped the bar on the rack every lift. For one - do you even get anything out of that kind of workout? And two - you're gonna break the equipment fu**knuckle.

Rack pulls bro

Does anyone else clean up the weight racks whilst they are working out?

During my rests, i like to put all the weights back in proper order. Just a couple of plates at a time. Just gives me something to do whilst recovering.

I did this on Sunday night and some silly mole started ******* it up straight away. People are animals

Re-racking weights is not recovering, Shakesy.. not if you've just performed a heavy set. 😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, the other night and I look over at the Smith machine and two guys are squatting, both wearing weight belts whilst in SLIPPERS - one in UGG boots and the other with socks and sandals. 😆

The people that kinda trigger me seem to be those who train for hours every time they visit.

Gotta make up for missing a few days by training for five hours.
I train 5-7 days a week depending on footy/injury.

There was a guy last night with 3 plates a side on the seated calve raise, most of the work was being done by his two friends, pretty much rowing it up and down, looked ridiculous

For those times someone on the street asks “bro what do you seated calf raise?”

There was a guy last night with 3 plates a side on the seated calve raise, most of the work was being done by his two friends, pretty much rowing it up and down, looked ridiculous

Seated calf raise is a bitch. I throw that in sometimes with Standing Calf raises and i nearly die.

Less is more for me. Get reps in and get the blood flowing.

Standing calf raise has its fair share of flogs who load plates up, do 2 s**t reps and then left it there whilst some 4 ft girl has to unrack it

Is it standard for PT clients to just gasbag for most of their sessions? Every person is just talking utter s**t and going half arsed

Is it standard for PT clients to just gasbag for most of their sessions? Every person is just talking utter s**t and going half arsed
Depends on the PT and the client

Could be anything such as

- nervous energy
- excitement
- they just genuinely want a chat (like not everyone who visits a brothel wants the sexy time)
- want to chat to get out of actually working out
- just there because parole officer tells them to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back