Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not irritating, but today saw some chick, hard to say late 30s early 40s lifting reasonable weights in the gym, not much to look at but I wish all chicks would lift heavy, what are they scared of? the misconceptions.
Talking of chicks in the gym.

Two girls were working out together. They were supersetting on two pieces of equipment (one doing leg exts and one doing calf raises, then alternating) and doing sets of 15 reps. One is a PT who works there and one I went to school with who lives at the gym and claims to be an expert.
The ever friendly expert got stuck talking to somebody while the PT got through 2 sets. There solution was for the girl to do 30 reps (double) to catch up on the missed set. But get this...they didn't change the weight they were using.
So here they are doing sets with 15 reps but then all of a sudden she could get 30 reps out. I lol'd in real life. Seen and heard all this because I was on a mat doing core exercises nearby.

Talking of chicks in the gym.

Two girls were working out together. They were supersetting on two pieces of equipment (one doing leg exts and one doing calf raises, then alternating) and doing sets of 15 reps. One is a PT who works there and one I went to school with who lives at the gym and claims to be an expert.
The ever friendly expert got stuck talking to somebody while the PT got through 2 sets. There solution was for the girl to do 30 reps (double) to catch up on the missed set. But get this...they didn't change the weight they were using.
So here they are doing sets with 15 reps but then all of a sudden she could get 30 reps out. I lol'd in real life. Seen and heard all this because I was on a mat doing core exercises nearby.

What weight? btw I want a photo of the PT:p

There is a guy at my gym who constantly chucks on hip hop music on the system. s**t music to work out to, need some hard trance or techno get the lifts going.

I was working with 45kg db's on the flat bench for the last month or so in the 3-5 rep range, thought today i'd attempt 50's, I got them up for one but it killed the rest of my workout which was very annoying, defs not trying them again for a while.

Also a bloke who refuses to put his weights away. To make it worse he does about 15 exercise every session. He's overweight and looks like s**t and has so for over a year he has been going gym.

Funnily enough I had a mate who wanted to join gym, he tells me and I let him know I can sort something out for him at the gym I go too. The next week he tells me he doesn't want to go gym cos he doesn't want to get too big??

Ummm maybe 7.5kgs each side on the smith machine for calf raises. Pics are donotwant. Has an all over body rash.

Meh 7.5KG, yeah don't worry lol.

I think for a chick to impress me she would be doin something awesome like squating 100K for reps or something, or maxing out on a decent weight. I cringe when I see chicks dumbell bench pressing 0.5KG dumbells.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh 7.5KG, yeah don't worry lol.

I think for a chick to impress me she would be doin something awesome like squating 100K for reps or something, or maxing out on a decent weight. I cringe when I see chicks dumbell bench pressing 0.5KG dumbells.

i hope you told her it was making you cringe

i hope you told her it was making you cringe

I guess what I was trying to say is that people are free to do what they like in the gym. even if it is pointless. And all of this is because personal trainers, books, magazines and television feed lies to gym goers. Why do we live in the 21st century and yet scientific evidence in relation to health and fitness is completely ignored.

1. Women who lift heavy weights get big and bulky
Fact - testosterone levels in women aren't high enough to bulk up, secondly, most olympic weightlifters can squat 2-2.5 times bodyweight, clearly maintaining body size.

2. If you want to burn more fat you have to work out at lower intensity.
Fact - You burn more fat at higher intensity, but as a result require more carbohydrates to maintain energy levels; before, during and after the workout. In other words you burn more carbohydrates than fat, however when you perform low intensity exercise you burn more fat than you do carbohydrates, but the total fat lost is less.
[Advanced Sports Nutrition, Dan Benardot, PhD]

This is why you go to gyms, and women spend hours on the treadmills, bikes, and guys are in the weights area. This is because personal trainers don't tell people the truth, They teach guys one way, and girls the other.

I was working with 45kg db's on the flat bench for the last month or so in the 3-5 rep range, thought today i'd attempt 50's, I got them up for one but it killed the rest of my workout which was very annoying, defs not trying them again for a while.

Also a bloke who refuses to put his weights away. To make it worse he does about 15 exercise every session. He's overweight and looks like s**t and has so for over a year he has been going gym.

There is a guy at my gym, certainly not a w***er or anything, but he never puts his weights away, left 80KG on the bench the other day. Even if its on the hack squat, you have to assume the next person won't lift weight on the first set. Hell if I'm using the leg extension at 60KG or something, I put it back down to 15 for the next user. But the other day I asked him if he was using the bench, and he said nah its done, I said nice to put the weights away, and he tried to blame someone else, so I grabbed the weights and literally threw them on the floor, grabbed 2 * 15s and started my workout. I think I made my point.:)

There is a guy at my gym, certainly not a w***er or anything, but he never puts his weights away, left 80KG on the bench the other day. Even if its on the hack squat, you have to assume the next person won't lift weight on the first set. Hell if I'm using the leg extension at 60KG or something, I put it back down to 15 for the next user. But the other day I asked him if he was using the bench, and he said nah its done, I said nice to put the weights away, and he tried to blame someone else, so I grabbed the weights and literally threw them on the floor, grabbed 2 * 15s and started my workout. I think I made my point.:)

Was the 80 KG barbell bench or 2x40kg dumbbell? Nothing wrong with leaving barbell weights on after your session, it's generally up to the next person using it to adjust the weight to what they want, not exactly hard when the weights on either end only come in 10, 15 and 20 kg portions.

Leaving a 40kg dumbbell on a bench is poor form though.

Was the 80 KG barbell bench or 2x40kg dumbbell? Nothing wrong with leaving barbell weights on after your session, it's generally up to the next person using it to adjust the weight to what they want, not exactly hard when the weights on either end only come in 10, 15 and 20 kg portions.

Leaving a 40kg dumbbell on a bench is poor form though.
No, just no. Always put your weights back. Put things back where you found them is something taught to toddlers.

No, just no. Always put your weights back. Put things back where you found them is something taught to toddlers.

Totally agreed, Its respect for the next gym goer. I can't even bench 80 KG for sets, let alone jump into it for a first set. I did have the idea that leaving 40KG on the hack squat was ok, but still better to take em off.

Without fail, there is at least 20kg each side (+20kg bar) of the bar whenever I start. I take it off and replace it with 10kg each side for warm-up. Then up to 30kg each side for 3 sets? You're saying I should return the 20kg to each side after my set so the bar is set just like I found it? Even though the next user is more than likely to be lifting more than me? Highly illogical.

Without fail, there is at least 20kg each side (+20kg bar) of the bar whenever I start. I take it off and replace it with 10kg each side for warm-up. Then up to 30kg each side for 3 sets? You're saying I should return the 20kg to each side after my set so the bar is set just like I found it? Even though the next user is more than likely to be lifting more than me? Highly illogical.

The bench at my gym has trees on it, so its not too hard to move the weights to the trees on the bench. And secondly I start with the bar to warm up just to get my movement right, then I go to 50, then up from there.

Another point is that, at my gym they have two olympic bars, its not uncommon for someone to wanna do squats and someone to do deadlifting. I'd be pissed off if I had to take weights off to move the bar. But thats because they only have two olympic bars.

In the end I dunno why I'm bitching about lifting some plates, afterall I'm there to get fit, lol

Well the bar should be empty when you first start. Two wrongs don't make a right. Amidoingthismotheringthingright? Use some common sense.

What if someone wants to use the weight plates for something other than bench press? (hard to believe, I know:rolleyes:)

People who don't put the weights away piss me off.

So I take the 30kg dumbells, literally seconds after I back away this ******* comes over and puts down 15kg dumbells where the 30s are supposed to go.

notsureifstupid,aphaggot,ormentaldisorder/10

Maybe he thought putting down putting down 2 15kg = 30kg? idunnolol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back