Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for pics for what the old lady was doing i found this on other forum.
Jonathon Brown
I saw something that peaked my curiosity.

While I was doing Helen today, I saw a girl in my university's gym doing bench presses with her legs lifted above her head. I was wondering the rationale behind this exercise, and if there was any functional use for this exercise. Because, if it can provide some benefit, it seems like a cool exercise to experiment.

Also, if this has already been discussed, just point me in direction of the thread. Thanks!

-Jon

Sounds like some weird thing girls would do for 'all over body toning'.

I cannot stand people that believe they are superior to others in the gym and automatically own the gym. There was a young female using the leg press and a couple of guys that thought they were training for the Olympia. They approached her saying how this exercise was next on there program and they needed to use it if she could be as quick as she can. The girl obviously intimidated said she was finished and moved onto the treadmill.

Firstly if you wish to use a piece of equipment that someone else is using just ask, "how many sets do you have left?" preferably with a smile on your face and minus the attitude. Secondly, stuff your program and move on to whatever you have planned and come back to it. I am sick of people intimidating others in the gym.

/rant

Does anyone have any core training tips they'd like to share? I'm getting a sore back and neck after balancing the 20 litre bucket on my head during my daily 15km water carry.

First you need to up your calories - half a cup of rice a day isn't going to hit your macros.

There are some good ones out there, but it's way too easy to get a Cert IV. AIF for example is merely a production line for gyms like Fitness First.

Anyone who has a grasp of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics is going to be far better than a Cert IV trainer.

It is the most poorly regulated industry. Some of the worse exponents of PT have been asked what cereal box they got their qualifications out of, because it really is that easy these days.
Don't get me wrong there are some fantastic certificate qualified PT's, but they are the one's that go well beyond the certificate and continually educate and develop

Not sure if I was just in a bad mood, but everything seemed to piss me off yesterday. Had the usual not putting the DBs back in the right spot, made more annoying as I was heading to put mine back when he dropped his in the spot. We're adults, surely we can put our toys away properly. The other one was the guy who took the bar out of the squat rack to deadlift with, despite there being another bar sitting there just for that purpose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

one bloke last night was using 2 benches (1 regular bench, 1 bench press). wasnt using bench press at the time, was merely sitting on the regular bench thinking.

another patron went to use the bench press, when said moron goes "hey im using that".

he could've simply said "im using it, but we can work out together" - which is what happened to me later when i wanted to use weight assisted dip machine. creates a more positive atmosphere and working environment.

Yesterday some old bodybuilder bloke was in the rack next to me he did one or 2 reps put his towel on the bar and went off to shoulder shrugs then another rep or so then more shugs/rows etc.I noticed a young lady waiting for one of the racks i was going to ask the old bloke to give her his rack and he have mine seeing he was'nt in it half the time.Anyway i was getting bit buggered my rest time was getting longer so i told her she can have mine I'll get smash out 2 more sets.I went off and did the rest of my workout I looked over to the racks every now and then what the hell he's got a bench next to the rack and using both I dont really like people taking up important pieces of equipment,use one and then move on (in busy times).

I always thought it was frustrating to watch people trying to be hardcore lifters only to never set foot in a squat rack. Now I know that what's more frustrating is people who think they're hardcore lifters, hog the squat rack yet don't bend their knees more than 30°

Legitimately had to wait 15 minutes for a rack to become available while I could see s**t form on half the occupied racks

U47v9jM.png

Also pretty much everything contained within this article

- Groups of people talking s**t and taking ages in between sets when using a few benches or the squat rack/bench press etc.

- People not unloading their weights. This is my personal pet hate in the gym, who the hell do they think unloads it? Your mum isn't following you around the gym, clean up after yourself!

- People putting weights back in the wrong spot. It's just not that hard to put DB's in the correct spot.

- People using the squat rack to do curls, or anything not squat or deadlift related (exception can be made for shoulder press, but there is usually an alternative that doesn't take up one of the most important pieces of equipment at the gym)

- Groups of people talking s**t and taking ages in between sets when using a few benches or the squat rack/bench press etc.

- People not unloading their weights. This is my personal pet hate in the gym, who the hell do they think unloads it? Your mum isn't following you around the gym, clean up after yourself!

- People putting weights back in the wrong spot. It's just not that hard to put DB's in the correct spot.

- People using the squat rack to do curls, or anything not squat or deadlift related (exception can be made for shoulder press, but there is usually an alternative that doesn't take up one of the most important pieces of equipment at the gym)
If you ain't adding more weight to their bars then they're obviously fuarkin more alpha than you and you should shamefully scrape the plates of yourself you beta *******

Not srs

If you ain't adding more weight to their bars then they're obviously fuarkin more alpha than you and you should shamefully scrape the plates of yourself you beta *******

Not srs

I honestly reckon that is what some people think cos it's generally the bigger guys who leave their weight there, like people are going to come up and be impressed by it.

Pretty sure i've written this one before, but middle aged ladies with excessive perfume.

Went for my 2nd run in maybe 5 months this morning, so was struggling a bit due to not having adapted to running.

Doing 4k's at speed of around 12.6k/h. Fairly slow, but was struggling and gasping for air due to my lack of running fitness. 30 treadmills free and she gets on the one directly next to me and starts walking.

Every breath i'm struggling for air and all i get was a big mouthful of excess perfume.

Pretty sure i've written this one before, but middle aged ladies with excessive perfume.

Went for my 2nd run in maybe 5 months this morning, so was struggling a bit due to not having adapted to running.

Doing 4k's at speed of around 12.6k/h. Fairly slow, but was struggling and gasping for air due to my lack of running fitness. 30 treadmills free and she gets on the one directly next to me and starts walking.

Every breath i'm struggling for air and all i get was a big mouthful of excess perfume.
Chanel number 5,red door.?

over several months, i've had a few blokes in the gym wanting to have a chat, ask me to spot them, discuss training regimens. this might be one of the social aspects of the gyms, but frankly I ain't interested. i think it's the high intensity lifting I do and that I actually look 'capably' fit that attracts the attention. I try to keep it brief but my answers seem to have the opposite effect. Many of these blokes seem to rip the programs of bodybuilders from the net or bodybuilding mags - 4 day splits (conveniently cutting out the leg day); 4 exercises per body part; 4 sets of 8-12; forced reps, etc. They're shocked when I say I lift once or twice (max) per week; 45-60min; whole body workouts; focusing exclusively on free weight exercises; on my feet at every opportunity; compound exercises; 2 work sets per exercise; heavy weights and lower reps; and that I god forbid, run sprint-length and middle distance intervals at the oval and even road cycle on other days.

We all have different goals, but the irritating thing for me is the average joe who thinks 'fit' is a gym membership, a bodybuilding program, and looking bigger in a tee that's 2 sizes too small. i really don't want to get into a bro science conversation with you.

over several months, i've had a few blokes in the gym wanting to have a chat, ask me to spot them, discuss training regimens. this might be one of the social aspects of the gyms, but frankly I ain't interested. i think it's the high intensity lifting I do and that I actually look 'capably' fit that attracts the attention. I try to keep it brief but my answers seem to have the opposite effect. Many of these blokes seem to rip the programs of bodybuilders from the net or bodybuilding mags - 4 day splits (conveniently cutting out the leg day); 4 exercises per body part; 4 sets of 8-12; forced reps, etc. They're shocked when I say I lift once or twice (max) per week; 45-60min; whole body workouts; focusing exclusively on free weight exercises; on my feet at every opportunity; compound exercises; 2 work sets per exercise; heavy weights and lower reps; and that I god forbid, run sprint-length and middle distance intervals at the oval and even road cycle on other days.

So is the point of this post to show how awesome you are?

We all have different goals, but the irritating thing for me is the average joe who thinks 'fit' is a gym membership, a bodybuilding program, and looking bigger in a tee that's 2 sizes too small. i really don't want to get into a bro science conversation with you.
You have completely different goals to them, tell then that and move on. Some of us dont give a fuark how strong, fit or healthy we are only aethetics.
And you seem to be one of those types who look down upon body splits, hypertrophy and isolations.

"Pfffft bro science **** work out more that once a week, stupid, here let me take five minutes to smash out my one rep max"

Not everyone cares about being fit and strong, id suggest getting overyourself and actually explaining to them that your workout is stupid for their goals and then they might leave you alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back