Opinion Is Acres still the GOAT?

Remove this Banner Ad

He was never the goat.
Comparisons to fyfe are laughable.
Too slow witted.

He will be a good player.
Probably play 200+

Billings for me with more future goat tendencies.

Why was Acres considered so highly by our supporters anyway? He can rack up possessions, but not a contested ball winner, poor handball, and a even worse kick. When he does kick properly, it's often a high up and under bomb to inside 50. So tell me how he has developed? Comparison to any young good mids are really far off the mark.

Seems pretty silly in hindsight to have rushed him back for the game at Optus Stadium where the hard surface has already caused a number of injuries.

I know he was probably desperate to play back in his home town but another weeks rest may have avoided him missing a month now.

Why was Acres considered so highly by our supporters anyway? He can rack up possessions, but not a contested ball winner, poor handball, and a even worse kick. When he does kick properly, it's often a high up and under bomb to inside 50. So tell me how he has developed? Comparison to any young good mids are really far off the mark.
pure hype, then hope, then desperation. just like freeman being our missing link.
Never been in our best 10. B+ ceiling. Let's hope he gets there.

Yep.....cue back into the rack..........there's 2 things I'm looking forward to:

1-Who our eventual draft pick will be.

2-The lawn bowls season.

I’m keen to see what our young guns Clark & Coff can produce.

I want to see if Billings, Membrey & Gresh have a bit of ticker & can turn their seasons around.

Interested to see if Richo can further his record as worst coach in afl history.

Some things to keep us going SW!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know the centre bounce attendance stats for our players? How often is acres there? At games I see him forward (which is absolutely bonkers imo) and on wing.

Also if he was not in great nick last week but they still wanted to take him to Perth why would they not put him as an emergency? This season has clearly been a writeoff for a while so I don't know what the thinking behind that could have been. Use the rest of the season to assess the list and see where every player is at. Unfortunately I don't think the coaches will spend much time under the microscope if things improve slightly or stagnate, especially richo who the club have invested in but we've all talked about that

Does anyone know the centre bounce attendance stats for our players? How often is acres there? At games I see him forward (which is absolutely bonkers imo) and on wing.

Also if he was not in great nick last week but they still wanted to take him to Perth why would they not put him as an emergency? This season has clearly been a writeoff for a while so I don't know what the thinking behind that could have been. Use the rest of the season to assess the list and see where every player is at. Unfortunately I don't think the coaches will spend much time under the microscope if things improve slightly or stagnate, especially richo who the club have invested in but we've all talked about that
Centre bounce attendance stats only given to clubs by champion data

Yes he never really attends

Interesting article on Osteitis Pubis (now termed groin soreness) on the AFL website. Seems like clubs are getting in earlier and using rest to prevent it from getting worse. Seems like this is what the club is doing with Acres, tried a week off which clearly didn't resolve it so trying a longer period of rest. Hopefully he gets it fixed up and doesn't have too many more issues.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-15/is-op-back-or-was-it-just-cleverly-disguised

Seems pretty silly in hindsight to have rushed him back for the game at Optus Stadium where the hard surface has already caused a number of injuries.

I know he was probably desperate to play back in his home town but another weeks rest may have avoided him missing a month now.
Not sure you understand groin injuries. This is an overuse injury and not something generally affected by the surface. It's not like he pinged his hamstring like others who have been injured there.

I’m keen to see what our young guns Clark & Coff can produce.

I want to see if Billings, Membrey & Gresh have a bit of ticker & can turn their seasons around.
Absolutely triggering.....I posted not long after I saw our "outs" for the game.....head was spinning and had that gut wrenching sinking feeling.....again.

I'm back on deck this morning.

Your spot on.....

Despite the severe gloom,I'm looking foward to seeing Coff,Clark,Phillips in action and now Rice.

And as you said...can Membrey and JB straighten up....surely that has to happen at some point.

How much can Marshall come along?

Can Gresh rise above it all?

The reality is all of the above are hopefully our future for the next several years.

I'll leave Richo out of this one.

There seems to be a fair bit of underrating him on this page on the back of an injury affected season IMO.
Agreed......he appears to have copped the injury against the Cats in Round 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back