Think Tank Is H. Reid about to become the most overrated player since Husband of Jo?

Will this end well?

• No

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Old Watts option

• New Maximum Grundage option

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • DanWA

• JHF

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ve all heard the news through the year. Already a generational play, all clubs seemed to have inquired about trading up to get him, he’s already gotten a medal…

Good player no doubt, but with the noise they have been making, surely it ends in SOS or Judd levels of denial to cover up he was not the second coming of Mathews.

Been saying the same thing all year. Will be brought into the pack pretty quickly.

In ten years time probably won't even be the best player out of this year's draft.

The North board had a thread about how they wouldn't trade Gav Urquhardt for Scott Pendlebury so that's still the front runner.

The poor kid looked crestfallen on draft night. This will play out the same as Jason Horne-Francis.
Perf’s got great beaches I hear. And so much lyfestyle. Chock-a-block with lyfestyle.

No kulcha though and he's got no mates there.
I don’t think you fully understand the beaches in Perf. They do something nutso to people minds. You can go to all sorts of exotic places with perfect breaks or beautiful coral reefs, but then, somehow, the beaches over there destroy your memory and suddenly the choppy and relatively uninteresting point where WAs abundant sand meets the extra salty Indian Ocean becomes the most amazing sight in world and you’ll do anything to claim you live within 30kms of it.

I don’t think you fully understand the beaches in Perf. They do something nutso to people minds. You can go to all sorts of exotic places with perfect breaks or beautiful coral reefs, but then, somehow, the beaches over there destroy your memory and suddenly the choppy and relatively uninteresting point where WAs abundant sand meets the extra salty Indian Ocean becomes the most amazing sight in world and you’ll do anything to claim you live within 30kms of it.
Judd came back though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only been once, spent a week at the beach near a place called Hilary's, it was nice and mild and warm, Dromana like, but the sand was really gritty, almost gravelly. On the last morning I went down for a gentle paddle and got straight up mugged by the waves, absolutely slapped about. Didn't look any different, wasn't hungover, just the water went troppo and left me a bit bruised.

A week after we left some poor fella got eaten by a shark there.

His highlights package had a whole lot of stiff-arm my lightly built 17-year-old opponent and run away from the clearance with the ball.

If he's strong enough to use the same tactic against AFL opponents, all power to him. But I'm not convinced he will have the same success rate with it as he did in his junior games.

Kid will be a good player, however, he will be over hyped up as much as Nic Nat was during his playing days. Which kind of explains the same number being handed over.
West Coast is desperate to prove they made the right choice so every broken tackle or goal kicked by Harley, their fans will be cheering as loudly as they did when Ben Cousins returned while still juiced up after suspension.
We :hearts: Harley banners will held up by teeny bopper eagles supporters all throughout Optus stadium.

His highlights package had a whole lot of stiff-arm my lightly built 17-year-old opponent and run away from the clearance with the ball.

If he's strong enough to use the same tactic against AFL opponents, all power to him. But I'm not convinced he will have the same success rate with it as he did in his junior games.
Try watching his VFL highlights to see how his game will transfer to the next level.

Was very good against Southport.

Kid will be a good player, however, he will be over hyped up as much as Nic Nat was during his playing days. Which kind of explains the same number being handed over.
West Coast is desperate to prove they made the right choice so every broken tackle or goal kicked by Harley, their fans will be cheering as loudly as they did when Ben Cousins returned while still juiced up after suspension.
We :hearts: Harley banners will held up by teeny bopper eagles supporters all throughout Optus stadium.
Very solid points. He is about to become the king of the city and won’t be able to stiff arm the weight of that easily. Probably already the most famous living west Australian (if you can call him that yet). I actually had to think hard about who plays for west coast and purple west coast these days. Lot of parallels to Naitanui. Maybe he will also take a mark and kick a goal against Norf one day.

That was Dan Curtin.

This thread's about Reid.
He’s the man child of the draft. The guy looks 30 already. Definitely buys his mates red bull at the supermarket.

If he comes over here with the mindset that he is going to give it 100% for 3 years then the sky is the limit for this kid, I think the pressure of being a Number 1 won't be as bad as what happens in Melbourne to players with all this expectation of lifting a bottom club up into the finals in their first year.

We’ve all heard the news through the year. Already a generational play, all clubs seemed to have inquired about trading up to get him, he’s already gotten a medal…

Good player no doubt, but with the noise they have been making, surely it ends in SOS or Judd levels of denial to cover up he was not the second coming of Mathews.

Jai Newcombe is the most overrated player in the league. Overhyped spud.

Back