Is half-time too long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting, didn't know that. Is that 12 minutes policed?

Yes, by the local police.

It's not really widely known, but that's the specific purpose of having police officers at the ground. The policing they do while the game is being played is actually them on their break, being great, giving public servants helping out the community.

Only time it's hard is when you're at the footy by yourself. Otherwise I think it's pretty fair. You'd have no chance to buy food at a busy game at Etihad (lines seem worse than at the MCG, maybe there are less vendors) otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

half time is not too long, until the network broadcasting the footy says it is too long. recent tinkering has been done with game length itself to suit networks, they need a couple of minutes i'm sure they'd start to question half time on the board room whiteboard, and get the current equivalent of adrian anderson to smooth the way before it hits.

Anyone know how long it takes to get a couple of beers and a pie at half time? ahhhhh! Make HT interval longer please!

I find it too long, because where i sit at MCG they play the ads that loud during the half time break that i can't sit in my seat and speak to the person next to me, so i end up going for a walk. So i'm pro either the half time being shorter or the ads being played at volume that allows me to speak to the person next to me in a normal conversation voice.

I think this question is probably best directed at the players. They need a bit of a breather at half time. I doubt they would want to reduce the break by 5 minutes.

I find it too long, because where i sit at MCG they play the ads that loud during the half time break that i can't sit in my seat and speak to the person next to me, so i end up going for a walk. So i'm pro either the half time being shorter or the ads being played at volume that allows me to speak to the person next to me in a normal conversation voice.

If they shorten the half time break they will need to play the ads louder to get the message across more

Your joking right ?

I'm in the half time is too long camp. When playing and watching.
Half time is the worst part of the game, especially when you're playing, nothing worse.

It's been a bug bear of mine for years!! It is too long, largely because the entertainment at half time is woeful. To have what seems like a dozen kids' games on the go at the one time during the half time break is ridiculous. Can't see the Players Association allowing the 1/2 time break to be shortened, though. So bring back the Scottish highland marching bands and super kick

I think so.

15 minutes should be ample time. 20 just seems to drag on too long especially when you're at home watching onthe TV

Discuss
For us supporters it is. Take off 5 minutes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back