Is John O'Shea Up To It?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he is referring to the fact that he had these two supposed superstars who haven't won a Group 1 between them since their Golden Rose wins.

Hartnell syndrome

he slaughtered exosphere. i'm just saying the Astern call is rough, it's had 1 start in melbourne. it's (second) grand final.... and i think it peaked, couldn't ask too much more from a trainer there.

he slaughtered exosphere. i'm just saying the Astern call is rough, it's had 1 start in melbourne. it's grand final.... and i think it peaked, couldn't ask too much more from a trainer there.

I think the argument is that he was poorly placed when a weak Guineas was there for the taking.

I think the argument is that he was poorly placed when a weak Guineas was there for the taking.

i think it was fairly obvious that he has a few problems and had a virus on the eve of the guineas so it had not much to do with where they wanted to go but more where they had to go.

Exosphere... agree. Astern shouldn't be bundled in there though. Hartnell maybe. Astern no.

i think it was fairly obvious that he has a few problems and had a virus on the eve of the guineas so it had not much to do with where they wanted to go but more where they had to go.

Exosphere... agree. Astern shouldn't be bundled in there though. Hartnell maybe. Astern no.

In any case - he couldn't win what is looking no more than an average Coolmore anyway so every chance he would have failed at Caulfield.

I reckon John O'Shea is very much under threat as head trainer for the Blue Team.

He has failed to train a consistent bunch of horses capable of tackling the big races.

He continually struggles to even win bush meetings with short price favorites.

To see his horses run around going nowhere must be embarrassing for the Blue Team

Here are the facts: From his last 20 starters starting under $5 with some lower than $2

1st 3
2nd 5
3rd 4
Other 8

His strike rate getting under $5 prices home is 15%.

In that scenario he had 5 $1.50-$2 runners and only one filled a place

New saying at our pub when he has a favorite in. The Favs trained by O'Shea so FFS STAY AWAY!!

If I was O'Shea or Charles I would be polishing up the CV soon.

NB: Is Wayne Hawkes paid by bookmakers? He pumps up his horses like they are champions and they continue to fall short and punters do their dough. I reckon he needs to stay away from the media as he looks a fool.

What did I tell ya

Gawn Gawn Gawn

No good at that level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Training for Godolphin is a double edged sword. Good Gurantee income, no worries about finances. Bad hiding to nothing re performances. Will be interesting the next candidate

New Trainer of Godolphin nothing has changed. Dominates the weak maidens and midweekers but when it comes to the big races, failure again.
Started off with Vic Thompson, then Hawkes, Snowden lifted them a bit but is doing better now with lesser horses, O'Shea and Cummings.
Their horses have all the same qualities. Weak as Piss. Pretty sure its because most of them are home breds and their bloodlines are ordinary

New Trainer of Godolphin nothing has changed. Dominates the weak maidens and midweekers but when it comes to the big races, failure again.
Started off with Vic Thompson, then Hawkes, Snowden lifted them a bit but is doing better now with lesser horses, O'Shea and Cummings.
Their horses have all the same qualities. Weak as Piss. Pretty sure its because most of them are home breds and their bloodlines are ordinary

Lord Snowden killed it when he was with Darley.

28 Group 1 winners in 6 years.
$76 million in prize money

Maybe he just had better horses to work with.

For example:

Sepoy, Helmet, Denman, Guelph, Earthquake, Pinwheel, Beaded, etc.

Lord Snowden killed it when he was with Darley.

28 Group 1 winners in 6 years.
$76 million in prize money

Maybe he just had better horses to work with.

For example:

Sepoy, Helmet, Denman, Guelph, Earthquake, Pinwheel, Beaded, etc.

Still most of those you mentioned are the 3yo flat track bullies that they have continued to produce since.

Who was the last decent older horse they produced out of Australia?

Cummings, who officially started in the role as Godolphin's head trainer in Australia on July 8, could not have asked for a better start to the season, collecting 45 winners in the first two-and-a-half months in New South Wales.

He sits second in the premiership table, just 5 winners adrift of Chris Waller, despite having less than half the runners of the Waller stable.

The 45 wins have come at an incredibly healthy strike rate of 27.6 per cent and a return on investment (ROI) of -5.52 per cent.

I was unaware of this. It's pretty good stats, but he's doing terribly in Victoria.

Article: https://www.punters.com.au/news/godolphins-victorian-blues_163100/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back