Society/Culture Is racism a determinant of attraction to other races?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it really about aesthetics though? I know Indian men get a really hard time on dating sites and I would think it's got little to do with their skin colour. Each to their own, but I'd say that is racism.

I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but whatever, what's another thread ban ...

Have you noticed that the majority (NOT ALL!!!!!) of 1st gen Indian migrant men (and women for that manner) have round chubby faces, flabby arms and big bellies? Not exactly the most "aesthetically" pleasing of features. Don't believe me? Go to your nearest CBD, observe and see if it isn't true. My theory is that this is due to a vegetarian diet low in protein whilst being high in carbs and unhealthy fats (PUFAs), which leads to low testosterone and excess body weight.

I think 2nd or 3rd generation Indians in Australia who have more adapted to the local lifestyle and diet are probably more attractive physically.

I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but whatever, what's another thread ban ...

Have you noticed that the majority (NOT ALL!!!!!) of 1st gen Indian migrant men (and women for that manner) have round chubby faces, flabby arms and big bellies? Not exactly the most "aesthetically" pleasing of features. Don't believe me? Go to your nearest CBD, observe and see if it isn't true. My theory is that this is due to a vegetarian diet low in protein whilst being high in carbs and unhealthy fats (PUFAs), which leads to low testosterone and excess body weight.

I think 2nd or 3rd generation Indians in Australia who have more adapted to the local lifestyle and diet are probably more attractive physically.
An observation like that isn't racist. I've always assumed, similarly to you, that it must be related to a diet heavy in carbs, but that sort of doesn't make sense when you compare it to other Asian diets that have been traditionally high carb low protein, yet have much slimmer figures. Maybe it's the prevalence of ghee in traditional Indian foods? I'm unsure.

I've always been jealous of my Indian brah that can go to the gym after a year off and be back to benching 100kg for 5 sets after 3 sessions back. I think he's just a genetic freak though.

We could just turn this into a thread of gorgeous women around the world from A-Z to show there's highly attractive people of all races.

I'll start with Afghanistan born model Azita:

latest

We could just turn this into a thread of gorgeous women around the world from A-Z to show there's highly attractive people of all races.

latest
Yes.
Afërdita Dreshaj - Albania

960full-aferdita-dreshaj.jpg
Yes.
Sarah Tarchid - Algeria

6a19vM7.jpg
Definitely
View attachment 353878
Elisabeth Jimenez - Andorra
Yeah I suppose if I have to.
Vaumara Rebelo - Angola

a7fcaf887283eb69c6d5bb571cc00a68.jpg
Definitely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

latest
Given that is not allowed on BF... no we can't.

I would be very surprised if you couldn't find someone of every skin colour that you found attractive. There's 7 billion people on this planet and rising.

I actually feel a bit sorry for people that say that. Why would you only want to eat Italian food?
I'm asian and meet many asian women who have said straight out to me that they'd never date an asian man.

It happens.

Sometimes I think that it's just a thinly veiled cover to hide racism. For example, one of my closest friends is an Indian raised in Australia. I've seen girls say something about his skin colour and it's irritated me, but being culturally Australian he's always been with white girls anyway.

Do you think it's racist to be more attracted to certain skin colours than others?
It is racist, but you have to balance that with a person's right to choose, you just have to cop it on the chin as an ethnic Australian.

Particularly as a male. I spent years being bitter about it, at the end of the day if they're that narrow minded they're not worth the thought anyway.

I would be very surprised if you couldn't find someone of every skin colour that you found attractive. There's 7 billion people on this planet and rising.

I actually feel a bit sorry for people that say that. Why would you only want to eat Italian food?
Cos some races emit smells that other races find repulsive. There's nothing objective about it ofcourse. It's purely subjective. Evolution deliberately tried to seperate races because of the high threat of disease that came from foreigners from distant lands. Being turned away by the smells of other races is one way evolution has done this. For the same reason young children tend to be very racist as foreigners brought threats of disease and for young children in hunter gather tribes - murder. Our sexual attraction for our own race is all evolution. This is by no means perfect however and there are plenty of other factors at play that can overcome our innate prejudice for our own race. Thus most of us still find people from other races attractive. Just not the same proportion as from our own.

It is racist, but you have to balance that with a person's right to choose, you just have to cop it on the chin as an ethnic Australian.

Particularly as a male. I spent years being bitter about it, at the end of the day if they're that narrow minded they're not worth the thought anyway.
It's undoubtedly unfair. It would frustrate me to be rejected purely on account of my race!

As you said, I guess it's the right of any person to choose who they wish to be intimate with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back