Is 'Tex' Walker the best racist player in the comp?

Remove this Banner Ad

Another in the long list of Crow's staff and fans that think because he's above average at kicking a footy his racistive tendencies should be forgotten.

Shame Crows, shame!
Oh ffs .. I left out the 600m gained .. legend :thumbsu:

You really are a petty little man. No one has forgotten. The word you are looking for is forgiven.

And please stop making a fool of yourself putting words into other peoples mouths

You really are a petty little man. No one has forgotten. The word you are looking for is forgiven.

And please stop making a fool of yourself putting words into other peoples mouths

Wherethemapturnsblue GIF by SORD Fishing Products

Salt by name, salty by nature.

No, because I don't believe he has and therefore I can't forgive him

But apparently you have forgiven him, so I assume you must have some inside knowledge on the current state of his racism that you could share with us

Hence the question
Hey M7 .. I'm kinda busy following the coup in russia rn

Not really interested in 'debating' your myopic view of the world tbh

Tex is not the victim here Petal.

Why does he deserve any compassion or forgiveness when A he actually doesn't seem sorry at all, only remorseful he got caught and B has probably done it before and likely to do it again (once he retires from the AFL) ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood would have to take out the team award.
Allan McAllister, Eddie McGuire, Nathan Buckley, Damian Monkhorst, Victoria Park patrons against St Kilda, a 12 year old girl at the Sydney game, unnamed players from the 2010s making racist jokes in the locker room,
longtime cheer squad leader Joffa, the list goes on......

Should be easy to name someone who is actually “in the comp” then
So anybody no longer in the comp have been forgiven for racism in your eyes?
Scott Pendlebury as part of the leadership for his slurs toward Heretier Lumumba.
"But Harry gave me permission...."

So anybody no longer in the comp have been forgiven for racism in your eyes?

No, my criteria for forgiveness is that they should have shown genuine contrition, made reparations and changed their ways

But the Fred title is still "in the comp"

So are you saying Pendlebury is a better racist player than Tex ‘black campaigner’ Walker? I don’t think so

Last edited:
not most racist (maybe not) but he's certainly one of the most ordinary blokes in the AFL

Oh, Tex.

I, for one, hope those were not racial slurs he was levelling at the umpire after the siren last night.

No, my criteria for forgiveness is that they should have shown genuine contrition, made reparations and changed their ways

But the Fred title is still "in the comp"

So are you saying Pendlebury is a better racist player than Tex ‘black campaigner’ Walker? I don’t think so
Yeah but you have to balance several elements. What weighting to you give to the racism? Can you be a bit racist or a lot, is % or some gradient?

Then we gauge ability, is that a more nuanced scale? Some absolute scale?

Is club culture and history factored in?

Pendles is a much better player than Tex except as a KPP specifically. More skilled, better leader, more concrete success.

He's been slightly racist, not in Tecs league, do we reduced his clear margin of quality to allow for this?

My feeling is most players at Collingwood get a demerit because the club did some racist things, and nearly all are better players than Tex, so hes off the hook.

However if you make the bar "unrepentant racist" then yeah, Tex is the best player to among unrepentantly racist players. The Pies as individuals and as a group are trying to Do Better, Adelaide have gaslit their own players (includjng culturally unsafe bulltying) and the response to the racist camp has been a joke, as Walkers subsequent behaviour demonstrates.

Yeah but you have to balance several elements. What weighting to you give to the racism? Can you be a bit racist or a lot, is % or some gradient?

Then we gauge ability, is that a more nuanced scale? Some absolute scale?

Is club culture and history factored in?

Pendles is a much better player than Tex except as a KPP specifically. More skilled, better leader, more concrete success.

He's been slightly racist, not in Tecs league, do we reduced his clear margin of quality to allow for this?

My feeling is most players at Collingwood get a demerit because the club did some racist things, and nearly all are better players than Tex, so hes off the hook.

However if you make the bar "unrepentant racist" then yeah, Tex is the best player to among unrepentantly racist players. The Pies as individuals and as a group are trying to Do Better, Adelaide have gaslit their own players (includjng culturally unsafe bulltying) and the response to the racist camp has been a joke, as Walkers subsequent behaviour demonstrates.
Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Remove this Banner Ad

Back