Opinion Is this rock bottom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rock Bottom could be in 3 years when Reid secretly suffers stress fractures in both feet & wants to come home and Rawlings offers Sheezel, our first pick & our future first pick for him. And then rawlings states, "It's a good deal. Both parties got what they wanted."

I maintain that Rawlings, C Joyce, Brad Scott & Luff are the guys with blood on their hands. 7 years of putrid trading/drafting. Combined with the stupidity of winning round 24 last year.
What a mess.
Bryce surely gets a gig in that rogue’s gallery ….

With the exception of some list decisions (especially around key positions) I don't buy into the 'lack of talent' or 'they're not trying' story.

I do believe they run and try hard, i see it. But man everything including their skills look like shyte bc they still don't click together as a team.

There were many examples of it just yesterday. One 'right in front of me' where Kerch beat two on the boundary after exiting the D50 and handballed it 5 metres in front of Tucker. Any other team would have run into that but we turned it over bc tucker was still strolling and waiting to see if kerch was going to win. The funny part is if kerch lost tucker was out of position anyway. He needed to be running, needs to trust that ball is coming to him.

I'm a fan patiently waiting of it all to 'click' :(
I was watching Tucker closely yesterday and he’s a f$&king statue 3/4 of the time. It’s like he doesn’t want the ball.

Geez this team makes me swear!

I was at Good Friday lunch with the north business network. I found it really interesting when Jen Watt was asked about how North would replace the Tasmania revenue. Lewis Martin from Chanel 7 was also on the panel. She said she would seek advice from Lewis on what to do as everything he touched turns to gold. He then mentioned how important it was that the AFL had a presence in the Northern Territory. Jen then jokingly laughed and said we would need to find a new place where supporters can go for a holiday and watch the team. It dawned on me there and then that they have zero plan. They are not looking to get 11 games back in Melb. They are just mercenaries looking for the next city to cut a cheque. That’s the attitude at the top. That’s the attitude that sadly engulfs every level of the club.

And lost out on Harley Reid but people kept saying we needed to get that win so the players could start this season knowing what it’s like to win, seems to have done the trick I think 🧐
Geez I'd hate to see Harley Reid in our team at present, we'd probably all be spitting chips about wasting another number 1 pick, while the same potatoes are trailing their man by 10 meters.

I was at Good Friday lunch with the north business network. I found it really interesting when Jen Watt was asked about how North would replace the Tasmania revenue. Lewis Martin from Chanel 7 was also on the panel. She said she would seek advice from Lewis on what to do as everything he touched turns to gold. He then mentioned how important it was that the AFL had a presence in the Northern Territory. Jen then jokingly laughed and said we would need to find a new place where supporters can go for a holiday and watch the team. It dawned on me there and then that they have zero plan. They are not looking to get 11 games back in Melb. They are just mercenaries looking for the next city to cut a cheque. That’s the attitude at the top. That’s the attitude that sadly engulfs every level of the club.
I hope she genuinely was just keeping her cards close to her chest.
But there needs to be more happening in the background. Otherwise she's just another fraud. Another imposter.

Why am i not surprised....

Hiring unqualified people at our club? Who would have thought? lol

Agree, don’t like that response by Jen even if it was a joke. I don’t expect her to lay out the club’s exact plans but she can do better than that! She should know selling home games is a sore point for us supporters who now have to wait 8 weeks to watch their team play a ‘home’ game in Melbourne! Annoying.

Last edited:
Yup. Sadly Yup. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are still fkd on field, and are only profitable with Tassie, then I fear for the future of our club when they enter the league.

My daughter told me this morning she no longer likes going to the footy with me because "North never win and it's sad".

We are at risk of losing an entire generation of supporters.
My kids exhaled with relief about not having to go next week.

When LDU announces his move to St Kilda that will be it for them..

Kicked two yesterday in a 3 point loss…..best game in his 3 game career ….
played 3 4 goals in total….and workman like performance in each game…
My mate went to that game. Said had the game gone half a second longer Warrnambool would have won.

He actually said Cunners did not do a lot.

First time in years, my daughter didn't watch a north game yesterday. She really wasn't interested in watching it. ☹

She never misses a game on tv if she can't go to the game.

I often have a flat feeling the morning after a loss, but I usually sleep well and then feel bad when I wake and remember that we lost the day before.

Last night was the FIRST time in my life (I've been following North since 1976) that I actually LOST SLEEP thinking about North during the night. This is the worst ever. It wasn't that we lost to Hawthorn, the 17th team. It was the way in which we lost and, with West Coast on the rise, it's hard to see us getting any wins at all this year, unless something radical changes very soon.

What that is, I just don't know.

That's what makes it so hard.

My only hope is our age profile is why we're losing and then perhaps another #1 pick and another year of maturity and then some common sense coaching and selection and suddenly we have a plan and perhaps 2025 looks better.

When we try, and when we're committed, we are not too bad. We could have beaten Fremantle. It's just those 15-20 minutes of absolute carnage where an opposition kicks 8 or 10 goals unanswered that we can't stop.

As it is happening it is soul destroying. I'm sorry for all of you who feel the same as I do. It is very difficult to take 4 plus years of this and the worst part about it is there appears to be no end in sight.

I actually think this gets worse before it gets better, which is ******* scary!

This group is shot and there are worrying signs that some of our players that are actually talented look to have checked out.

Jack Ziebell was cooked as a footballer in the end, but what I wouldn’t give to have a player with his leadership at the moment.

McDonald, Simpkin and Corr would have better luck running a 3 ring circus the clowns.

I’m not sure Larkey is the answer and it would be unfair to lump that burden on Sheezel.

Good times!

I get what you're saying but what club doesn't sell games though? GWS to Canberra. Dogs to Ballarat. Dees to Darwin. GC to Darwin/Cairns. Port to China. Kochie was even talking about a game in India on that ABC sports show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back