Player Watch Isaac Quaynor

Remove this Banner Ad

Hands in the back drives me nuts. Playing in front should always be rewarded. Some forwards make an art form of the sly nudge - Hawkins has made a career out of it and I'd go as far as to say a blatant sly nudge (if there can be such a thing) in a rucking contest may have cost us a grand final berth against GWS a couple of years ago.
Was that sly? The Finlayson one was one of the biggest pushes in the back I've ever seen

Not if he’s too good. At least one of his brothers is part of our academy, but the rules are progressively changing for non-northern clubs. Soon non-northern clubs won’t be able to match inside the top 40. For ‘21 it’s top 20.
Will they even keep the program going?

Yesterday’s game was a huge sigh of relief for me because I’ve been down on him for a while. His kicking, ball handling and intercept game were all much better. I hope he can carry it on and make that his benchmark rather than the high water mark.

look I agree with you. Unfortunately we had a rule in place that took out any grey areas in marking contests & rewarded the man in front. The hands in the back rule.
Then we threw the rule away for some strange reason.

I’m not really following you. You said it was similar to another contest where he “used his body very cleverly”. I put it to you that he didn’t use his body at all, he put two hands in his back.

Will they even keep the program going?
Excluding the top 40 basically means there's not enough talent value for non-northern clubs. Whether there's enough non footy (PR etc) value for clubs vs spend I don't know enough about to comment.

Excluding the top 40 basically means there's not enough talent value for non-northern clubs. Whether there's enough non footy (PR etc) value for clubs vs spend I don't know enough about to comment.

I think as long as every club ends up on a level footing then I think there's still great value in the program if we we get kids like Quaynor coming into the system with the level of development he had prior to drafting. It may not directly benefit Collingwood, but footy is still the winner. The issue for me is how long that level footing takes to become the reality.

I think as long as every club ends up on a level footing then I think there's still great value in the program if we we get kids like Quaynor coming into the system with the level of development he had prior to drafting. It may not directly benefit Collingwood, but footy is still the winner. The issue for me is how long that level footing takes to become the reality.

This is an investment that clubs put into players. Footy - weather we like it or not - is controlled by the almighty dollar. I can't see clubs developing these kids in the future, I personally think they will now place more resources into Cat B rookies.

This is an investment that clubs put into players. Footy - weather we like it or not - is controlled by the almighty dollar. I can't see clubs developing these kids in the future, I personally think they will now place more resources into Cat B rookies.

I disagree. Especially the wealthier clubs like ours. We're a NFP organisation who invests heavily into community programs anyway, why not football development as a component of that. Even this year we're likely to get access to Dib through our academy. And we're still going to be working with our FS prospects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today is easily the Worst Game I seen Him Play.

Utterly Atrocious.

Turned the Ball tons and Got Lot of Goals Kicked on him
His decision to take on a the blue at half back by running straight at him was bizarre. Only young and I hope he learns from today.

His decision to take on a the blue at half back by running straight at him was bizarre. Only young and I hope he learns from today.

Could not play much worse

Was a poor game but it's to be expected from a young developing player. At least he's not playing it safe and just kicking backwards/sideways like Mayne. Unfortunately you'll have games where you make a lot of errors but hopefully it doesn't stop him taking the game on.

Still one of our more exciting prospects that's getting good development this year.

It was a Langers, quarter 1 before the bongs had worn off, moment
To be serious it showed a confusion in decision making potentially between the old instruction and the new instruction. His first instinct was to look wide and step to his right. That hesitation/adjustment didn’t help.