Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why do you think they are doing that? If they hadn't already seized the borders of Gaza and the West Bank then they'd be extinguished by now. Remember they were attacked in 1948 immediately after the state of Israel was announced. All the land that they hold in excess of what was agreed in UN181 was seized after wars where they were pre-emptively attacked.

There have been multiple times when the Israelis were ready to sign up to a solution, only for it to be lost at the last moment. But you can’t sign up for a solution when parties around you are denying your right to exist. The accord with Egypt, Jordan, the Abraham accords, recent attempts to reach an agreement with Saudi Arabia are all evidence.
Where was Israel pre-emptively attacked in 1967?
This seems to be a conspiracy theory that keeps being promoted by nincompoops like yourself.

But why do you think they are doing that? If they hadn't already seized the borders of Gaza and the West Bank then they'd be extinguished by now. Remember they were attacked in 1948 immediately after the state of Israel was announced. All the land that they hold in excess of what was agreed in UN181 was seized after wars where they were pre-emptively attacked.

There have been multiple times when the Israelis were ready to sign up to a solution, only for it to be lost at the last moment. But you can’t sign up for a solution when parties around you are denying your right to exist. The accord with Egypt, Jordan, the Abraham accords, recent attempts to reach an agreement with Saudi Arabia are all evidence.
Israel threatened to destroy Egyptian conveys entering the Gaza Strip transporting humanitarian aid, and have now attacked an airport in Syria due to an aircraft landing carrying Iranian diplomats.
Are these all attempts by Israel to reach a solution?

But why do you think they are doing that? If they hadn't already seized the borders of Gaza and the West Bank then they'd be extinguished by now. Remember they were attacked in 1948 immediately after the state of Israel was announced.

1948 was a long time ago. Israel is not going anywhere. They have nukes for Pete’s sake. What they are doing is preventing the Palestinians from having even the tiniest bit of a homeland, and are not being stopped.

There have been multiple times when the Israelis were ready to sign up to a solution, only for it to be lost at the last moment.

The ‘solutions’ they were willing to sign up for are the ones heavily biased towards them, like Trump’s plan that gave them all the well irrigated land in the West Bank.

But you can’t sign up for a solution when parties around you are denying your right to exist. The accord with Egypt, Jordan, the Abraham accords, recent attempts to reach an agreement with Saudi Arabia are all evidence.

The Palestinians would’ve given Israel the right to exist, as they proposed in 2006. But Israel decided to imprison them and bully them in an open air prison for a generation so they turned to extremism instead. As if Israel’s overall plan was to eject them all eventually.

Israel threatened to destroy Egyptian conveys entering the Gaza Strip transporting humanitarian aid, and have now attacked an airport in Syria due to an aircraft landing carrying Iranian diplomats

The aircraft was an Airbus A340 reported to be carrying several tons of anti-tank missiles for Hezbollah. If they'd wanted to they could have blown it right out of the sky, so the message imo is to not bother trying to help Hezbollah.

Who cares about Taiwan?
I see Taiwan and China as two independent countries. I’m aware that this view pisses both of them off.

Therefore I believe I am doing it right if they are both mad.

Israel threatened to destroy Egyptian conveys entering the Gaza Strip transporting humanitarian aid, and have now attacked an airport in Syria due to an aircraft landing carrying Iranian diplomats.
Are these all attempts by Israel to reach a solution?
This is just ridiculous.
My solution:
Scrap the $5billion in military aid to Israel.
Give Palestine complete control of Gaza.
Scrap Iran's weapons support to Hamas, Hezbollah.
Have UN peacekeepers enter Palestine and Israel.
Disputed territories, turn into giant nature reserves, without Humans living there.
Global Warming will be mitigated,
Peace in the middle east.

I've read the google historical accounts on early Palestine and early Muslim conquests, but no, there's no account of Israel having a God given right to be there.
Well Israel claim a god given right
Conveniently it’s their god that says they have this right…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where was Israel pre-emptively attacked in 1967?
This seems to be a conspiracy theory that keeps being promoted by nincompoops like yourself.
Massing of Egyptian troops on the border + threatening rhetoric led to an Israeli first strike - but it isn’t unusual for massing troops on someone’s border to be misread as an attack

Edit and the post you were replying to was discussing 1948 not 1967
Though that one appears hard to allocate blame - there’s blockades of Jews in lands allocated to Israel, there’s Israel attacking Jerusalem, then the Arab states attacking Israel…

Last edited:
No, in fact, Taiwan seeing itself as an independent country doesn't piss it off.
Oh ok then. I thought the hardliners there see themselves as true China and have delusions of taking over the mainland (post some form of political collapse, not military obviously)

Massing of Egyptian troops on the border + threatening rhetoric led to an Israeli first strike - but it isn’t unusual for massing troops on someone’s border to be misread as an attack
Nah. How many misread attacks were launched in Europe and the Mediterranean Sea during the Cold War?

Nah. How many misread attacks were launched in Europe and the Mediterranean Sea during the Cold War?
Cold War had a higher level of emotional maturity (sense that escalation leads to nukes) while for Israel and Egypt that restraint didn’t exist so more like wars in earlier eras.

Edit and given the religious elements I’m thinking more like the Hundred Years’ War

Looking forward to the op-eds in the next 24 hours explaining why Bibi and Blinken's use of 'moral clarity' is disgusting, shameful and hypocritical. And I'm only referencing the illegal settlements. Considered illegal by whom, Bibi? Considered illegal by whom, Tony?

Does moral clarity include abstaining?

International law something something thee not me.

Cold War had a higher level of emotional maturity (sense that escalation leads to nukes) while for Israel and Egypt that restraint didn’t exist so more like wars in earlier eras.

Edit and given the religious elements I’m thinking more like the Hundred Years’ War
Israel had it's first nuclear weapon in 1966.
European countries like Poland, Germany and Rumania (countries on the front line during the Cold War) don't have any.
So I think your argument falls flat.

Edit and the post you were replying to was discussing 1948 not 1967

Instead of discussing what happened in 1948 and 1967 let’s discuss what’s happening in 2023 and beyond.

Problem will always say they are the aggrieved party because of something that happened 50, 100, 2000 years ago.

I don’t care.

Look at the situation today. It’s clear the Israeli’s are not suffering as much as the Palestinians are.

The solution is simple, very simple. Israel and Palestine are divided as seperate independent states (no side gets to control anything about the other) and each can wall
themselves off from each other (although there should be a guaranteed road and energy load between WB and Gaza, under UN supervision if necessary).

Palestinians are just desperate to have peace. I think they’ve lost any will to totally defeat Israel.

Instead of discussing what happened in 1948 and 1967 let’s discuss what’s happening in 2023 and beyond.

Problem will always say they are the aggrieved party because of something that happened 50, 100, 2000 years ago.

I don’t care.

Look at the situation today. It’s clear the Israeli’s are not suffering as much as the Palestinians are.

The solution is simple, very simple. Israel and Palestine are divided as seperate independent states (no side gets to control anything about the other) and each can wall
themselves off from each other (although there should be a guaranteed road and energy load between WB and Gaza, under UN supervision if necessary).

Palestinians are just desperate to have peace. I think they’ve lost any will to totally defeat Israel.
How do you get rid of the pestilence that is hamas though. They still want to kill for fun

The conflict is fuelled by extremists baying for blood. Here’s one example of it:

Israel had it's first nuclear weapon in 1966.
European countries like Poland, Germany and Rumania (countries on the front line during the Cold War) don't have any.
So I think your argument falls flat.
But Egypt did not have nukes so the consequences for Israel making an aggression error were less.
While Poland, Germany and Rumania were under banners of the various superpowers (with nukes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back