Universal Love J.Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thought we could do with a bit of footy magic from my personal favourite, one Jamie Elliott, something to take a bit of the focus off the trade period and pass the time.
Think the kid will go to the elite level of the comp once he start getting through the midfield and wouldn't be surprised to see him added to the leadership group for 2015. Has a very underrated tackling game too. Enjoy!

Video credits go to: MissMagpies1, elchubenibre and CTV.

Elliott on his days off.:$:D
images

Love this kid. One of only a handful of our players who would get a game at any team. Improving rapidly and is already a 2 goal a game player. If he can keep adding to his game, midfield and crumbling forward style, he could become a marquee player of the comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despite all the improvement that our youngest guys have in them Elliot is the guy i'm most excited about.
He's skillset is so rare with his tackling, strength, leap, marking, agility, pace and clean hands.

I'm almost certain that he will be at least in the AA 40 this year with 55+ goals.

I know it's a strange call for someone who has barely played any midfield time but I think he will also be an AA midfielder within 3 years, his potential is unbeleivable and his attitude is even better.

He also has leadership qualities, speaks quite well and has publically stood up for the club on more than one occasion as one of our youngest players, i'm also pretty sure we got him for an absolute steal in a trade with GWS

I dunno, having him in the midfield is appealing but I think it should only be in spurts. He is our best small crumber and goal sneek and I'd like him to have similar midfield time as someone like Breust.

Id prefer 45 goals in the forward pocket and him drilling passes inside 50 than him being a permanent midfielder. Guy is an absolute star and has a tremendous will to get the best out of himself.

I dunno, having him in the midfield is appealing but I think it should only be in spurts. He is our best small crumber and goal sneek and I'd like him to have similar midfield time as someone like Breust.

Id prefer 45 goals in the forward pocket and him drilling passes inside 50 than him being a permanent midfielder. Guy is an absolute star and has a tremendous will to get the best out of himself.
What if he got 45 goals and drilled passes inside 50 as a permanent midfielder :cool:;)

He never played as a small crumbing forward though. Very few of his goals were from crumbing, Beams kicked much more of them this year and he was a full time midfielder. He played essentially as a tall marking forward, and i think that role shouldnt be to hard to fill. His marking ability was slightly more limited when other teams realised this and played tall/medium defenders instead of small ones.

Part of the reason i think we will really miss Beams is his 30-40 goals he can kick a year playing as a midfielder. I think, if Elliot can find a balance the way Beams did, 30 goals from him playing as a midfielder is much more vital than 50 playing as a key forward.

What if he got 45 goals and drilled passes inside 50 as a permanent midfielder :cool:;)

Would like to see a 60/40 split of Forward and Midfield duties.

Another part of Elliotts game that is in the top handful at the club is his kicking skills both for goal and in general play.

He is capable of so much more then being limited to starvation valley that is FP.

I wish he'd stop going for hangers as often as he does though, he's got a great leap and has taken some wonderful ones......but at times it would be as effective to stay down and crumb the contest.

Great thread. He is the kid that stands out amongst our youngsters. He is the one you can mark as a near certain A grader. Hope he has a few more mates soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The future of our club is in great hands with young boys like Jamie,he tick,s all the boxes courage,skill,tenacity and a great will to improve himself.Already he is proving to be one of the best piece,s of drafting the club has had the great fortune to do.

Every time I read a story about him I just get more and more impressed,he and his family have had more adversity than most of us face in a lifetime which has made him a serious young man,really they do not come much better than him in all aspects.:):thumbsu:

If he ever turns into a full time midfielder, then theres something seriously wrong with our coaching staff. He MUST remain in his current role or play as a half forward flanker and use his footskills to setup plays in the forward half. He is our current Alan Didak, and will not excel if we try play him like Luke Ball

Elliot is that good of a forward I think any benefit we get from Elliot moving to the midfield is immediately lost by such an effective player coming out of the forward line. Of course in the modern game most players spend time up the ground but he's already shown that he can cause a huge impact on the scoreboard the closer he is played to goal

I recently decided Jamie is my new favourite player (needed to have a succesion plan in place for Swanny ;)) and hence after 12 months of being too casually dressed on BF, I've added him as my avatar. Love his attitude, enthusiasm and he adds a bit of x-factor. Each year Jamie has gotten better and by improving his forward line crumbing and learning to shark the packs that form around Trav, we should see a greater goal per game output in 2015 - the year to f$&*ing step up, reckon Jamie gets it and is on board.

I wish he'd stop going for hangers as often as he does though, he's got a great leap and has taken some wonderful ones......but at times it would be as effective to stay down and crumb the contest.

Sounds very similar to a bloke we used to have - D Thomas. Daisys' best season was the one he attempted less speccy's or flashy plays and actually "played" for the footy and team.

I like Jamie's speccies. I love to see him fly for them. Sure, they are risky and poor in terms of returns, due to the misses. But going for speccies is part of his game, and I like to see footballers play their natural game, and not have their (good) quirks ironed out of them. Its called variety.

I like Jamie's speccies. I love to see him fly for them. Sure, they are risky and poor in terms of returns, due to the misses. But going for speccies is part of his game, and I like to see footballers play their natural game, and not have their (good) quirks ironed out of them. Its called variety.

Agree - Don’t Change what he is

He also provides tremendous excitement.
There's an expectation now to see him fly high and pull down a screamer

And you hold your breath, waiting and hoping and...

And sooner or later he's going to do himself some damage. He hits the ground so hard sometimes. Still kicks the goal though in his semi conconcussed and winded state. That's one of the things that makes him so special, he nails the goal after a hanger every time. He's a football artist, like Krak was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back