Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

Works his arse off still. Can handle the poor games from him personally when he keeps chasing and running. It'll always eventually click when that happens.

Plus, the personal stuff and the impact that's had is impossible to calculate.

Ran back with the flight of the ball a few times, didn't hesitate to get hit.
Also never saw him toss his head back from a fly landing near him.

Best game of the year for him against what is (was) a very solid backline.
Hopefully this continues as this is the standard he should be bringing every week, might not always get the rewards like he did today, but the effort and commitment is all fans ask.

Have laughed at darling in the past, esp his fear on the footy ground, but he def seems to be answering some of those questions so good on him for stepping up when eagles need him.

Here's the thing and it came up on our club board. Something i'm sure will annoy the purples. He debuted in 2011 and now has 252 goals to his name. Sounds alright but not amazing yeah?

It would place him second on Fremantle's all time goal kicking list behind pav. If he played for the dockers he would be their second greatest ever forward. So here's to it purples, bow in the face of a living legend ;)

Here's the thing and it came up on our club board. Something i'm sure will annoy the purples. He debuted in 2011 and now has 252 goals to his name. Sounds alright but not amazing yeah?

It would place him second on Fremantle's all time goal kicking list behind pav. If he played for the dockers he would be their second greatest ever forward. So here's to it purples, bow in the face of a living legend ;)
Let's not get carried away. Clive is no. 1 ahead of Pav. Makes darling no. 3 at best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaches votes against the 'premiers'

WESTERN BULLDOGS v WEST COAST
9 Jack Darling (WC)
7 Andrew Gaff (WC)
4 Zaine Cordy (WB)
3 Eric Mackenzie (WC)
3 Dom Sheed (WC)
2 Mark Hutchings (WC)
1 Lachie Hunter (WB)
1 Brad Sheppard (WC)

Coaches votes against the 'premiers'

WESTERN BULLDOGS v WEST COAST
9 Jack Darling (WC)
7 Andrew Gaff (WC)
4 Zaine Cordy (WB)
3 Eric Mackenzie (WC)
3 Dom Sheed (WC)
2 Mark Hutchings (WC)
1 Lachie Hunter (WB)
1 Brad Sheppard (WC)

Interesting one gave Gaff 5 the other gave him 2. On topic though JD played v well.

Hes not great, but hed be our second best tall forward. Hed be better than quite a few clubs second best.

I want Darling to take over from Le Cras as our 3rd medium / tall marking forward, Darling is 2cm taller than Le Cras.

Kennedy and McGovern both 196cm play as the KP forwards, Kennedy is a great forward on the lead and McGovern has a great vertical leap / contested marking game.

Darling plays HFF and uses his speed and endurance, pushes up the ground, loses his opponent and sprints back into space. As a 3rd tall he would kick 2>3 per game. Also has a much better defensive game compared to Le Cras. Unfortunately the Frenchman looks cooked and is out of contract. UFA this season as well, if we wants to go on maybe he can take Stevie J's spot at GWS.

I want Darling to take over from Le Cras as our 3rd medium / tall marking forward, Darling is 2cm taller than Le Cras.

Kennedy and McGovern both 196cm play as the KP forwards, Kennedy is a great forward on the lead and McGovern has a great vertical leap / contested marking game.

Darling plays HFF and uses his speed and endurance, pushes up the ground, loses his opponent and sprints back into space. As a 3rd tall he would kick 2>3 per game. Also has a much better defensive game compared to Le Cras. Unfortunately the Frenchman looks cooked and is out of contract. UFA this season as well, if we wants to go on maybe he can take Stevie J's spot at GWS.
Lecras will struggle to make it back into the eagles line up. was a great under-rated player, but he's finished.

I've said all along Darling is big half forward not a centre half fwd

Classic tweener (in between positions) his best is as a high half half forward then spin back and run with the ball in flight

Darling probably doesn't have the footy brain of lecras where to lead when to go and so forth but still good enough

I think gov Kennedy and darling can play fwd as a combo ....all mobile

Lecras will struggle to make it back into the eagles line up. was a great under-rated player, but he's finished.

Wouldn't be surprised if he retired end of this season, seems to have lost a bit of the passion to play.

I agree, but Darling is 9cm taller than lecras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back