Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
He is one of the games most divisive players with limited respect amongst opposition supporters. Not sure why

Not sure actually. I think I saw him drop some simple marks and do some very spud things. I remember him reminding me of Josh Walker

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Our offer to him will be getting larger by the day.

He’s worth more than Coniglio and he’s getting 1.4m per season deals thrown at him. I hope we are considering a similar sized deal.

We won’t get him but geez he’s well rounded. Contested marks, on the lead, tackling, ground ball all well above average in all facets.
His wife and him are pretty settled. Would need to offer double. Has some side interests which he makes decent coin on as well

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Darling is like a Tex Walker in that he has the capabilities and talent to rip game apart and be one of the Best KPF's but just doesn't do it enough and is a rung below the other KPF's.

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah this, very good player who has a knack for producing the unforgettable mistakes.

To me thats a good thing. Not that he makes mistakes but the fact that he always seems to be involved when a critical play is happening. One of the biggest problems forwards can have is not being involved in the play if they are not kicking goals. Darling is often still involved when the chips are against him.

BartBart

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 30, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Was it just me or did others notice Kennedy roaming further up the ground to assist with defence (when Haw had the ball)/lead up marking (when we had it) which left Darling more isolated up forward and us not having 2 or 3 talls flying for the same ball & spoiling each other/dragging their defenders to the contest?

Maybe a product of Allen playing in defence.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Was it just me or did others notice Kennedy roaming further up the ground to assist with defence (when Haw had the ball)/lead up marking (when we had it) which left Darling more isolated up forward and us not having 2 or 3 talls flying for the same ball & spoiling each other/dragging their defenders to the contest?

Maybe a product of Allen playing in defence.
Also with no stratton (who usually does well on JD), they would have looked to exploit young O'Brien.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Smashed it again last week ( or did it with little effort )
Backed up his match winning display the week before. The guys a *en animal and has answered his critics with a couple of big displays.

Keen to see what he does tonight. But whether he goes missing or is B.O.G, he's already stepped up to the plate.

Starting to be a big fan of the man mountain.

Consistently hit's his 40+ a year goals-

2011: 24 goals (23 games) 1.04 per game
2012: 53 (24) 2.21 pg
2013: 42 (21) 2 pg
2014: 39 (21) 1.86 pg
2015: 26 (15) 1.73 pg
2016: 44 (23) 1.91 pg
2017: 43 (23) 1.87 pg
2018: 48 (21) 2.29 pg
2019: 43 (17) 2.53 pg

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
This bloke's been a beast for a month now. Single handedly dragging his side over the line in crunch moments.

He's been a beast for years. Few high profile mistakes have soured peoples view of him, not so much on BF, but definitely in the masses at large who still think hes an average player. Just one look at the public comments on FB when he signed that new deal with WC were pretty scathing. Statistically he had a better first 4 years in the comp than Carey and Brown, yet this is when criticism was the highest. Weird.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
He's been a beast for years. Few high profile mistakes have soured peoples view of him, not so much on BF, but definitely in the masses at large who still think hes an average player. Just one look at the public comments on FB when he signed that new deal with WC were pretty scathing. Statistically he had a better first 4 years in the comp than Carey and Brown, yet this is when criticism was the highest. Weird.
Been a beast for years, but a BAD Beast these last 4 games.

killing it.

thedank

All Australian
Mar 2, 2019
Meth City
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Perth
Darling is a real weird egg for mine, the way he moves makes him look unco as hell yet he's a black belt and can do a standing backflip? You'd take one look at him and say no way.

When he's on I reckon he's unreal, when he's off he makes it look like a comedy show. But he's a west Perth boy so he'll always get a pass from me 😍

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is one of the comps forwards who can still grab a game by the neck and win it off his boot. Genuine star when he's going.

Having said that has made some brutal grand final day blunders, some really bad ones.

Back