Speculation Jack Lukosius - [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
On SEN this morning there was discussion that Lukosius was unhappy with being moved back into defence at the Suns, and that "clubs think he might be gettable".

Adelaide boy, and both SA teams have an ageing KPF who will need replacing in the short-term. If he's determined to play forward, he'd be a great get for either SA side....

Will have our 2024 and 2025 first rounder on the table as will get sucked up by Welsh

Either of those firsts plus a 2nd rounder for Luko

The other to be traded for a mid

I think he would be most likely to head home to Adelaide that was talk in the draft about him & Rankine.
I don't think he has really lived up to being pick #2. although he would be in everyone's 22 is a solid player just not a star.

the asking price for lukosius would be pretty steep. lot of jack gunston about him. went at nearly 2 goals a game last year in a side that struggled for significant patches and can swing to defence to plug a hole as required. terrific field kick and set shot. has a lot of upside.

top 10 pick would be the starting point. maybe something between 5-10 out of contract. under contract ive no idea what gold coast would want. i also think they would be silly to let him go

Do Gold Coast need points this year?
Nah, we have 2 1sts and an end of 1st from North to pick up Lombard with.

If we are assuming Sam Edmund isn’t just full of sh*t here we wouldn’t be interested in taking back picks for Jack I’d have thought.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In contract, 2 years to go after this one, salary cap is in good shape, would have to be a pretty amazing deal to get us to part with a best 22 player this year.
We'll consider it if you throw in a future first for our troubles

Having been in this situation before as a Freo supporter, I don’t see GC even entertaining trading out a 2 year contracted gun. They don’t need picks, don’t need more kids and they want to be making finals.

Their cap would have to be ****ed again to even answer a phone call and I doubt it is given what they had to do the last few years

Having been in this situation before as a Freo supporter, I don’t see GC even entertaining trading out a 2 year contracted gun. They don’t need picks, don’t need more kids and they want to be making finals.

Their cap would have to be ****ed again to even answer a phone call and I doubt it is given what they had to do the last few years
Unless they can get a good player in return

Which yes is rare these days so might need a 3-4 way trade

Make finals and that will change very quickly IMO.
All due respect, I think you and GWS have different paths to being successful and until you at least get crowds anywhere near your state rivals, it's going to be a very hard pull. GWS struggles to bring in big names as well and they make finals plenty. Will need to keep leaning on the academy now it seems to be flying and keep drafting in crazy amount of talent, keep the talent you want, trade out the talent you can afford to lose (Taranto / Hopper etc).

Dusty seems like a decent chance but would be as a FA so still no need to trade Luko

Reckon it’s one of those where the asking price will never match the price clubs are willing to pay while he’s still contracted. I imagine suns would prefer a ready-made important first 22 member over a mid first rounder as that’s simply where their list is currently at. And for buyers I don’t think Lukosius has shown enough to warrant parting with two first round picks.

That said as a crow I’d rather we target Lukosius over Petty.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back