Analysis Jack Macrae Is Officially The Most Underrated Player In The AFL

Just an accumulator, without any real hurt factor and somebody that opposition coaches don't bother to put any time into*.

*The consensus of the main board nuffies and trolls.

CDBulldog

All Australian
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He will go down as one of the greats of this club. Won't get the name recognition because of the aura of Bontempelli but if your selecting a greatest WB 22 then by the end of his career he will deserve to be in that team.
He is getting better and better. His kicking has gone to another level this year. Beautiful delivery inside 50. Amazing player, tough, determined and highly professional. Every club would love him on their list.

He is getting better and better. His kicking has gone to another level this year. Beautiful delivery inside 50. Amazing player, tough, determined and highly professional. Every club would love him on their list.

I believe the Swans have a standing offer for Jacko.

Been on the table for about 4 years.

Could he end up being the best Bulldogs player never to win a B&F?

How great to be playing alongside a player like the Bont, but you'd always be feeling like you are in his shadow.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Could he end up being the best Bulldogs player never to win a B&F?

How great to be playing alongside a player like the Bont, but you'd always be feeling like you are in his shadow.
I feel like Jacko loves to be in the shadow. Just does what is required and moves on. Everytime I have spoken to him at social club xmas parties, he is always very quiet and reserved and softly spoken. He is certainly not a centre of attention type and perhaps his footy is actually better for playing alongside the more flashy types, as he doesn't get as much focus from the media etc.

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He is a ball magnet but has minimal impact with his kicking.

Except for this year where he is ranked 3rd for kicking efficiency amongst mids who have played every game, is also ranked 3rd overall in the competition for score assists and we score 35% of the time he kicks it inside 50, higher than Liberatore (33%), Petracca (32%), Wines (33%), Martin (25%), Parish (30%), Walsh (31%) to name 6.

Except for this year where he is ranked 3rd for kicking efficiency amongst mids who have played every game, is also ranked 3rd overall in the competition for score assists and we score 35% of the time he kicks it inside 50, higher than Liberatore (33%), Petracca (32%), Wines (33%), Martin (25%), Parish (30%), Walsh (31%) to name 6.

Unusually quiet thread. Need more respect from our supporters, Bont maybe our best ever but Jacko is our best ever player in finals, hands down!

Spot on.

One of the Dogs'all time greats.
By the way, I'm told the ''smart money'', ie pro punters, are very keen on him for the Brownlow.

Spot on.

One of the Dogs'all time greats.
By the way, I'm told the ''smart money'', ie pro punters, are very keen on him for the Brownlow.

He’d have to get past Bont’s outstanding year, but he’ll end up polling less than Oliver & Wines regardless. Absolute shock if anyone outside those 3 win it

He is the ying to Bonts yang, Bont is ok with the public gaze of being captain and superstar, Macca just likes being the quiet achiever. Big game for him this week if Bont doesn’t get up.

Back