Rumour Jack Watts off field issues.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Great point.

I made a thread on the main board regarding this insane entitlement from footballer's; most of which are privately educated little turds who go from that to a three-figure salary at 18 while their mates clean glasses, make sandwiches, or live off the dole for 200 bucks a week.

Yet they bitch and moan about having to make sacrifices for that huge amount of income.

Jack Watts didn't snort coke but he carried on like a pillock. In plenty of other jobs, posting this on your social media would cost you your 60k a year office gig. Jack Watts gets drugs delivered and gets to maintain his job – which, apparently, doesn't allow for drug use – and people go 'but he should be allowed to! Give this bloke some privacy! This isn't our business.' If someone else went to work, pissed in a cup, and was done for coke then you'd be in a lot more strife than Wattsy. And risking a shittier, more depressing job on a tinier wage while still having lots more to lose... a house, possibly your wife and thus possibly your kids...

I swear some people proverbially eat turd all day, say thank you, then stick up for a bunch of rich egomaniacs who would scoff if you said g'day to them at a pub. Do not get. People should be angry that these mostly talentless, unintelligent, kinda boring dudes get so much money and so many chances, while the average person takes a lot more up the arse and has to be thankful for it. Otherwise it's sleeping on Bourke Street.
If it were easy, you'd be running laps at Alberton, not on here calling them talentless and boring.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
If it were easy, you'd be running laps at Alberton, not on here calling them talentless and boring.

It's not that hard to run laps.

There are also people who are not very good at their chosen profession – see guys who last two years – who are still paid handsomely despite not actually being very good.

Someone with a proportionally higher ability in their chosen field, who works just as hard, isn't paid that well.

If AFL contracts were 50k for s**t campaigners, 2 million for the superstars, that'd be worthwhile.

But when someone can be a B&F winner, All Australian and be on 900k and someone like Tom Sheridan can be on 500k... how is that especially value for ability, or a gauge on ability?

Jack Watts – I don't think he's as bad as the memes say – isn't an especially great footballer but in a relative sense, he's not on that much less than someone like Ollie Wines. Who is a better footballer.

Well if you look at the conversation in context the original post said Jack watts was too old to be doing crap like this at 27. Someone else replied what a sanctimonious load of crap saying 20 going on 70 to the other poster. My point is the older you get and are still using it the more likely you have a real issue.

Everyone kept saying Ben cousins would get right, he will grow up etc, but he was addicted and continued well after footy with his drugs eventually landing him in jail. At 27 jack watts should know better, and if he can't stop the lifestyle he's leading he may end up being the next Ben cousins.

That's what Ben cousins got to do with it.

Too busy drinking and having fun at 27? Who gives a s**t? How miserable are some of you blokes? It’s the off-season, he’s at Oktoberfest, whose celebration is around drinking alcohol and was the main criticism Silent Alarm had, laughably calling out people for doing a beer bong at 24.

Now, if you want to discuss drugs, it’s never been a black and white issue. Plenty of people are able to regulate their occasional usage, same as people who drink. Not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic, and not every drug user is an addict like Ben Cousins.

Plus, Jack isn’t doing coke in the video.

how is that especially value for ability, or a gauge on ability?

A team thinks he’s worth that, and the players put on the show which brings in millions - why shouldn’t they be rewarded?

Well you go along and happily pay to watch people who couldn't care less about being elite and prefer off season to being a footballer and spending their time and money on self destructive things while other clubs have players striving for success and willing to make the sacrifices and get back to me about how you would feel paying to watch that crap every week.

You can always tell who’s too emotionally invested in their team when you read posts like this.

Well if you look at the conversation in context the original post said Jack watts was too old to be doing crap like this at 27. Someone else replied what a sanctimonious load of crap saying 20 going on 70 to the other poster. My point is the older you get and are still using it the more likely you have a real issue.

Everyone kept saying Ben cousins would get right, he will grow up etc, but he was addicted and continued well after footy with his drugs eventually landing him in jail. At 27 jack watts should know better, and if he can't stop the lifestyle he's leading he may end up being the next Ben cousins.

That's what Ben cousins got to do with it.

Only for every Ben Cousins, there are dozens of AFL players who do coke recreationally and don't go down the drugf***ed addict path. Probably hundreds, over the years. And I bet very few of them have done ice on a regular basis.

So yeah, Ben Cousins has very little to do with it.

Jun 16, 2012
Ora Banda pub
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EDL
From now on every time someone is on video using drugs they should do the Jack Watts and say it was legal. I bet he's snorted hundreds of lines of coke, but some people are willing to believe just this one time it wasn't. :drunk: Lying is getting easier everyday if a coke head can convince so many people he's not snorting coke.

Wedge McManus

Cancelled
Jan 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
From now on every time someone is on video using drugs they should do the Jack Watts and say it was legal. I bet he's snorted hundreds of lines of coke, but some people are willing to believe just this one time it wasn't. :drunk: Lying is getting easier everyday if a coke head can convince so many people he's not snorting coke.
Exactly. How would anyone know? It could be baking soda FFS lol. He's a genius

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Absolutely, if the video is of them at Oktoberfest where a white legal powder is sold at the bar you purchased your frothies from. Otherwise might be a stretch

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
While the off season is so long players are going to continue this behaviour. As some commentator said ask Federer if he goes out and gets trashed and on drugs for 3 months of the year in some random country. These blokes aren't professionals, they're private school boys with silver spoons up their asses that like to get ****ed up in the off season.

It's a mickey mouse comp, not even close to being a professional sport . For many reasons, this just being 1 of them.

Wedge McManus

Cancelled
Jan 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
While the off season is so long players are going to continue this behaviour. As some commentator said ask Federer if he goes out and gets trashed and on drugs for 3 months of the year in some random country. These blokes aren't professionals, they're private school boys with silver spoons up their asses that like to get ****** up in the off season.

It's a mickey mouse comp, not even close to being a professional sport . For many reasons, this just being 1 of them.
Pffft. At least they don't cheat and ball tamper like David Warner in cricket. He forced the youngest player in the team to scrape sandpaper on the ball to get an advantage and tried to cover it up. From memory no AFL player has cheated like that on field

Jun 16, 2012
Ora Banda pub
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EDL
Absolutely, if the video is of them at Oktoberfest where a white legal powder is sold at the bar you purchased your frothies from. Otherwise might be a stretch

You're telling me there is no illegal drugs at Oktoberfest? :oops:

Yeah, there’s no extenuating circumstances considering the venue/occasion :rolleyes:

While the off season is so long players are going to continue this behaviour.

So what’s your proposal, 40 game season so your precious sensibilities aren’t offended? NFL season is even shorter, even less professional!!!!

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
I'll take the bet. I bet you $10 you can't prove Watts has snorted coke hundreds of times.

Jun 16, 2012
Ora Banda pub
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EDL
Yeah, there’s no extenuating circumstances considering the venue/occasion :rolleyes:

So what’s your proposal, 40 game season so your precious sensibilities aren’t offended? NFL season is even shorter, even less professional!!!!
I never said anything about him being punished, I'm just saying I don't trust a drug addict telling me they're not using drugs when they were caught on camera using drugs.

I'll take the bet. I bet you $10 you can't prove Watts has snorted coke hundreds of times.
I bet you $10 you can't prove he didn't.

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pffft. At least they don't cheat and ball tamper like David Warner in cricket. He forced the youngest player in the team to scrape sandpaper on the ball to get an advantage and tried to cover it up. From memory no AFL player has cheated like that on field
Ummm... Essendon ring any bells?

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
While the off season is so long players are going to continue this behaviour. As some commentator said ask Federer if he goes out and gets trashed and on drugs for 3 months of the year in some random country. These blokes aren't professionals, they're private school boys with silver spoons up their asses that like to get ****** up in the off season.

If it is such a mickey mouse sport, why do you spend your spare time ranting about it to strangers on the interwebs?

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's nothing to do with my sensibilities it's about making the afl a legit professional sport where players don't go and take drugs in the off season in some random country cos they can. I proposed my season format in my first post in this thread I believe. It would work out to about a 40 week season with byes included, with 4 weeks off for Xmas and 8 weeks preseason.

If you want to see the quality of footy go up thays how you do it. Get rid of the ones like watts that are in it for the money and couldn't give a s**t about premierships and working hard. Or Carlisle.

ChesterTreasure

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Zac Dawson cheated Hawthorn, St Kilda and Fremantle fans for 13 years.

I'm just saying I don't trust a drug addict

“Drug addict” :$ Why, cause he enjoys the occasional line?

It's nothing to do with my sensibilities it's about making the afl a legit professional sport where players don't go and take drugs in the off season in some random country cos they can. I proposed my season format in my first post in this thread I believe. It would work out to about a 40 week season with byes included, with 4 weeks off for Xmas and 8 weeks preseason.

If you want to see the quality of footy go up thays how you do it. Get rid of the ones like watts that are in it for the money and couldn't give a s**t about premierships and working hard. Or Carlisle.

:D

You’re going to have to explain the link between long seasons and standards going up, particularly once you factor in higher risks of injuries, fatigue, lack of pre-season etc.

You’ll also need to explain how a longer season will stop anyone from indulging in drugs, fanciful nonsense, particularly since most players get 4-8 weeks off before heading back for pre-season now. HOW DARE PLAYERS USE THEIR SPARE TIME HOW THEY WANT. You don’t own the players nor their lives, end of the day they are simply lauded for kicking a footy around. Like any profession, some people dedicate their lives to it, and some don’t. You’re never going to see otherwise.

You just sound bitter you don’t get as much leave, and that some players don’t care as much as you i.e. too emotionally invested.

Back