Rumour Jack Watts off field issues.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah, over nearly 15 years, and most of it on the Bay, with a smattering on other boards. I don’t see what my post count has to do with your belief the players should be slaves to the game. Good effort though :thumbsu:
Don't recall saying plyers should be a slave to the game.
You've invested 15 years into random chat on a footy forum, with complete strangers, so I'd say other footy fans that invest emotion, time and money in to their club have the right to express anger at their players that don't live up to their standards. And their sponsors even more so.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
If it were easy, you'd be running laps at Alberton, not on here calling them talentless and boring.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thats true but there are also those supporting him that are sitting back chugging bucket bongs daily and saying what a great bloke he is yet not having half or even a smidgin of talent that Jack has

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
'' I deeply regret doing it. All the pain it's caused my family ''blah blah ****en blah. All these dickheads come out after and act all dejected and say they deeply regret it. Get ******. They don't regret a thing. Just getting caught.

Always spinning the same sob story bullshit.

Melbourne and Port Adelaide should make a public apology for ever drafting Jack Watts.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I hope that he has sorted his s**t out a bit. He said today he's made some changes since the video. For all the talk that it's legal and that "we all wish we were him", it's really a pretty pathetic look for him snorting some stupid menthol crap off a woman's breasts at Oktoberfest. I'm happy for him being wealthy, young and handsome but surely you can find better things to do with your life?

It's funny that he was touted as a high school prodigy because in that video he looks like he hasn't grown up since high school. Like I said, hope he can make some changes as I think it might see him improve on the field. At this rate his career will be remembered as a complete joke, which would be sad for him.

"He looks like he hasn't grown up"

That is because he was moddycoddled by Dean Bailey, the media, and many supporters who felt that everyone was picking on poor Jack whenever any criticism was made of him.

I often watch Melbourne games when Watts played, because my brother is a long-suffering Demons supporter. I remember one night where Melbourne lost by 148 points to Essendon. Jack Watts got dragged, and was subbed out.

The media paid out on Mark Neeld the next day for subbing out Jack Watts, said that a lot of his teammates weren't much better, and it will destroy Jack's confidence.

But Jack Watts played s**t that night. Yes, others could have been dragged, but it wasn't like Watts being subbed was unwarranted.

Excuses have been made constantly for the guy from many quarters for years. "He's young", "He is suffering the pressure of being No.1 " (just like Luke Hodge, Nick Riewoldt, Mark Murphy and Brendan Goddard suffered being No 1 picks- except that they didn't).

Garry Lyon has even downplayed Nic Natianui's efforts or talked about him as if he is overrated, all in an effort to justify Melbourne picking Watts before Nic Nat.

Watts finally knuckled down and had one good year in 2016, where he played CHF, and showed his potential. He is an accurate kick for goal, so it suited him.

So, did Jack Watts finally wake up and think that he has finally found his role, and worked hard to get better at it, and become what people said he would become. NO- He showed up to Melbourne pre-season the next year overweight.

Simon Goodwin finally got rid of him at the end of 2017, and yet, I read over on Melbourne's message boards, people threatening to never buy a membership and calls to sack Goody, because he traded out golden boy Jack Watts.

Melbourne last year had a great season, and not having Jack Watts didn't hurt them. Conversly, Jack Watts did nothing at Port last year to make Melbourne think that they made a mistake trading him out.

Few players have been held to less account for his performances and excuses made for him than Jack Watts has, all in an effort to make it look like Melbourne didn't make a monumental mistake drafting him.

Jack Watts is like a modern day Jeff Haywood, for those who remember the movie "The Club". The difference is that Haywood actually woke up to himself and worked harder to make himself a better player by the end of the movie. Someone needs to give Jack Watts a "Jack Thompson-like" talking to.

Last edited:

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Tall poppy syndrome and this idea Australians have it is a ****in joke.

The dude is carrying on like a twat, cheating on his girlfriend, getting prostitutes, and carrying on in Germany like a 19-year old on their first Contiki.

People are allowed to think he's made a dumb move or he's a bit of a ****head.

It's a bit like using Bernard Tomic as an example of it. Nah, the average Australian dislikes him not because he's a talented tennis player, but because he's a little turd.

Jesus christ.

Being talented does make a lot of people jealous, though.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
It's not that hard to run laps.

There are also people who are not very good at their chosen profession – see guys who last two years – who are still paid handsomely despite not actually being very good.

Someone with a proportionally higher ability in their chosen field, who works just as hard, isn't paid that well.

If AFL contracts were 50k for s**t campaigners, 2 million for the superstars, that'd be worthwhile.

But when someone can be a B&F winner, All Australian and be on 900k and someone like Tom Sheridan can be on 500k... how is that especially value for ability, or a gauge on ability?

Jack Watts – I don't think he's as bad as the memes say – isn't an especially great footballer but in a relative sense, he's not on that much less than someone like Ollie Wines. Who is a better footballer.

There have been s**t players who have played in premiership teams as well.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
They were actually banned because it introduced kids to "fags" and smoking, promoting a positive image of cigarettes in kids minds.
They were actually banned because it introduced kids to "fags" and smoking, promoting a positive image of cigarettes in kids minds.

I know, but if that hadn't happened, they would still not be around, since the SJWs would say that uses an offensive word describing homosexuals.

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I know, but if that hadn't happened, they would still not be around, since the SJWs would say that uses an offensive word describing homosexuals.

Oh, apologies. Sarcasm is hard to detect sometimes in forums. Both reasons would be valid reasons to ban them regardless imo.

In today's society, these would be removed from sale because it would be thought to encourage "homophobia".

There were renamed to Fads years ago.

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pffft. At least they don't cheat and ball tamper like David Warner in cricket. He forced the youngest player in the team to scrape sandpaper on the ball to get an advantage and tried to cover it up. From memory no AFL player has cheated like that on field

Lol.

Bannedcroft is a big boy, if he can't realise you don't rub sandpaper on a cricket ball then god help him.

Warner is a dumb arse but he wasn't on his Pat Malone in this situation.

Anyway, Watts is one of hundreds of players getting on the gear but you can partly blame Melbourne for never getting the best out of him. Sadly, the ship might have sailed.

Back